“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #100 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Oceanside, California
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2009

We were in town for a wedding and decided to stay at this Fairfield Inn. We were greeted warmly when we arrived and the room was nice and clean. The bed was firm, but comfortable. The breakfast area had plenty of room and the food selection was good. The location of the hotel is good (just off Bell Rd at I-17). I've stayed at this same hotel while in the area on business and had the same experiences.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
bel air, md
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2008

We stayed here in March 2008 for a business trip. I absolutely loved this hotel! The room was clean and well decorated we even had a few minutes to check out the pool. The breakfast every morning was Wonderful! We started staying in Marriott's after this stay. The only negative we had is when we went to take the rental car back we asked in the morning if they would then pick us up at the airport. They said yes, no problem. Later that evening we went took back the rental car and called the front desk...well the driver had a family death and could not come into work that evening and they didn't call anyone else in. WE had to try to find a cab to get a ride back. It ended up working out fine but you would think the hotel could reimburse use the $15 cab ride and they never did. I understand that is not an every day occurence that is why I still rate the hotel very highly because they really did treat us Great!

• Liked — The Great Free Breakfast!
  • Disliked — nothing really
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank insurance209
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2008

I stayed here for business for 3 days. On the second day I was locked out of my room and the maids threw away all my toiletries. I have no idea why this happened. I complained to the manager but was not refunded any part of my stay. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and was given a free night stay at another Fairfield Property. I tell everyone I know NEVER to stay at this property. The Embassy Suites Phoenix -North one exit down at Greenway Road is terrific and I recommend that property with their generous cooked to order free breakfast instead. Spend a few dollars more there and save yourself the risk of poor service here.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank NadiaBoBadia
dcnich2005
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2008

My husband and I were drivng home from our cross the United States road trip and stopped to stay at this hotel. We needed something quickly for ourselves and our children since we had been driving so long. They found two room next to eachother and we took it. The rooms were okay but the staff was horrible. They were rude at check in and at check out. We were leaving the hotel in the morning and could not get our children to sit and eat, so after my husband and I had eaten breakfast we grabbed two milks and two bananas to take to our two little ones in the room and the manager stopped us in the hall, asked us if we were"idiots" to think we could take something out of the breakfast room, made us put it back in the room, and continued on with the insults. He was the rudest manager I have ever encountered and, even though I have family in Phoenix and would have stayed again, we will never stay at this hotel again due to the staff and the fact that they have no manners or sense of customer service!!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank dcnich2005
Kent, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2007

We were orginally booked into the Best Western next door but the rooms there are shabby and the staff most unhelpful so we did the drastic thing and left.

Are we glad we did? Oh hell yes! This hotel is a palace by comparision. Even being close to the elevator there is very little noise from the corridor and none from outside as we are rear facing.

Don't hesitate to book a night or 2 here and if Albert is on the desk expect to get a welcoming smile and all the assistance you can manage!

Our king bed is great and although limited the breakfast is excellent quality and more than enough.

Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank autoholic
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2007

We were very pleased with the courtesy and cleanliness of the Phoenix Fairfield North, part of the Marriott chain. This was our first stop of a cross nation trip that began in San Diego and was to end in New York City. Our small Jetta was packed tight and our evening down time was important to us. The room was spacious and we had all the emenities we required. The included breakfast was just great and included large TV and daily paper in the spacious, well appointed breakfast room. Fresh waffles, microwave egg and cheese sandwiches, yogurt, fresh fruit, large muffins, toast, juice, and coffee rounded out the selections. We have recently become members of the Marriott Rewards program and the small additional perks given to us by that program were appreciated.

• Liked — crisp spacious decor, amenities, breakfast room & food selection, cleanliness and friendliness
  • Disliked — Really wish it was a little less expensive as we were spending 5 nights on the road
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2007

I stayed there for a night following a birthday party. I picked the hotel based on location. The room was comfortable. The bath room was dated and towels were clean but worn. The bed was comfortable. There was some mild road noise since I was facing the highway. Overall a OK hotel but I probably would not want to spend a week there.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled solo