“Quiet rooms, extremely comfortable”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix North
Ranked #87 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is a modest, yet very clean hotel. We had a room on the first floor and found the room to be extremely clean and quiet. There were multiple youth baseball teams staying here and we heard minimal noise. The beds had pillow top mattresses and were extremely comfortable. Probably one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept on. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful and allowed us an early check-in (before noon). Buffet breakfast was a step above most, as they had hot scrambled eggs, sausage, cereals, fruit, bagels, muffins, waffles, yogurt, English muffins, coffee (24 hours) tea, milk, and juice. They also offered a fitness room, pool, and WiFi. I will most definitely stay here again on future trips to the Phoenix area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ucatraveler
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix North

Reviewed March 15, 2014

First my irritation at paying $159.99 a night for a room that goes for $89.00. I know this because the rate is tacked on the back of the bathroom door ( very cheesy). My guess is that the price gouge is because of baseball spring training. Usually that price is okay for a Courtyard but we're talking about a hotel that has a car rental agency backed up to it and don't park in their spaces! The bed in my room was AWFUL! It slanted down on one side. I was afraid I slide off! The air conditioning wasn't. One night I bought a bottle of water for $2.00 but the next night I was charged $2.50. Only redeeming feature was the staff. Very very friendly and the room was kept really clean. That's about it. As a Marriott rewards member, I was really disappointed.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DeeDeeAustin_TX
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Comfortable hotel along busy Bell Road on the north side of Phoenix just off I-17. Close to the Loop 101 for easy access to other parts of town. Breakfast buffet has a broad selection of items including eggs, sausage and waffles. Small exercise room and outdoor pool. Tracy, Jane and Asst Mgr Dave went out of their way to be helpful and give recommendations about restaurants, attractions and businesses in the area. One even showed me they had a copy of Bill Marriott's book about minding the details to give guests a memorable stay. Rates are very reasonable in the off season when there are no special events going on. My room had a very classy hair dryer with a retractable cord in the customary "Where's Waldo" black sack. Nicest hair dryer I've ever seen in a hotel! Check out the miniature Trojan Horse near the fireplace in the lobby. Informative photos on the wall telling the historic origin of the Fairfield brand.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JohnnyK5341
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This trip was spontaneous/last minute, and many hotels close to the Phoenix Open were booked. One very close to the golf course had rooms available, but had some reviews that made me rule it out. I checked reviews for the Fairfield Inn prior to booking and people had commented that I-17 traffic noise was not an issue, that it was clean, and staff are friendly. I stayed in room 318 (facing north?)and don't even recall hearing traffic noise. All the staff, front desk and house keeping that I encountered were very friendly and helpful. Was told when booking that it would be about a $30 taxi ride to the Phoenix Open. Turned out to be about $33 on the meter, plus tip, no problem. Had the breakfast on the last morning. Really enjoyed it, should have come down every morning. For the price, $90 per night, don't think a person can go wrong. Waffle House is across the parking lot, always had friendly servers. IHOP is a 15 minute walk away, Peyton has to be about the friendliest, most helpful server I've encountered in while, asked to speak to the manager to let him know how great she was (if you dine there, tell her Dave from Canada says hi) , and a huge Wal-Mart about another 10 minute walk further. Can't comment on the gym, or pool and hot tub as I never made it there. Also, huge plus....the bed was VERY comfortable. Can't actually recall a more comfortable hotel bed, even in much more expensive hotels. This Canadian thoroughly enjoyed his stay here Jan 29 to Feb 2/ 2014. Hmmm, I've noticed others got rooms for $79, compared to my $89.10......not even being on the wrong side of that price is enough to outweigh all the positives. This may also be the very first review I've ever given about a hotel, they made that much of an impression. Hope this is helpful to you.

Room Tip: Did not comment on room service as I never used it. Tips, hmmm. I honestly can't think of a tip...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had never before stayed in a Fairfield Inn. This was reserved literally on the fly - by cell phone from the car - while driving all night from Bay Area to Phoenix. We got in at 5 am, exhausted, to be greeted cheerfully by the pleasant, helpful, funny desk clerk (Tracy?) who helped us secure an even better $79 room rate than our usual AAA or AARP discount. Double room was rather small but tastefully decorated and contained coffeemaker, refrigerator and microwave, iron and ironing board and hair dryer. Pleasant surprise: table and desk lamps support two electrical outlets each and there are several additional accessible wall outlets. No crawling around on the floor and under furniture to unplug light fixtures! Another pleasant surprise: the two queen beds are the MOST comfortable beds we have EVER slept in, better than home. Seriously. We extended our stay an additional night just to sleep here again. Small vanity area outside bath has granite countertop, good lighting, all usual amenities, all antiseptically clean. Shower has two built-in shelves for soap, shampoo, etc. There is even art in the bathroom. These rooms were thoughtfully designed for the comfort of the traveler and actually provided everything I have ever missed in past hotels worldwide. Huge bonus is the amazing breakfast buffet: a fun DIY waffle machine, scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, sausage, choice of breads to toast, English muffins, bagels, breakfast muffins, fresh fruit, wide selection of cereals, variety of fruit juices, yogurts, and large variety of toppings (two types of syrup, many jams and jellies, honey, etc.), more than I can recall, all available in a cheerful, sunny, spacious breakfast room adjacent to the lobby. Fresh coffee is available 24/7 nearby. While there are few amenities within walking distance (apart from the Waffle House next door), Phoenix is not a walkable town. Expect to drive wherever you go. This location is within five freeway minutes of everything, including the many good-to-excellent restaurants near MetroCenter. The hotel's excellent website provides suggestions for and directions to nearly anything you might seek. Additional huge bonus: possibly the easiest-access free Wi-Fi ever encountered. Staff were universally friendly and helpful. Decor is tastefully modern, if the color contrasts between wallpaper and carpet in the hallways is a bit startling (but cheery). Overall a flawless hotel experience, rivaling or exceeding many five-star locations, at an amazing price. (The only down-side is that they do not allow pets. I usually travel with a pair of doggies, but any time I am here without them, I want to stay here.) Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Our room faced the freeway, and we were not bothered by freeway noise. If you are exceptionally nois...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Randaggia
Reviewed January 20, 2014

At $74 a night for two queen beds, the price was right for a last minute trip to Phoenix. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It's convenient for on and off I17 but it felt very isolated. I would say the location is OK but not the greatest. There is also not much in the way of dining in the immediate area. Breakfast is the standard fare nothing special but there is a waffle house next door. The hotel was also supposedly recently remodeled. I would be hard pressed to say that it actually was. Overall it's not a bad relatively inexpensive option for a night or two.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was pleased to find this a really nice hotel considering we got the room for$79. Very comfortable King sized bed.The room wasn't huge but nicely furnished and plenty ample for our overnight stay.The reception desk person could not have been friendlier and made checking in a very nice experience. There was an unexpectedly great breakfast buffet

• Stayed: January 2014