“New, fun retro style decor in rooms a nice change”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix North
Ranked #92 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I randomly picked up one of those motel coupon guides you sometimes find at diners etc. and found a great deal for $49. I was somewhat skeptical, having fully experienced cheap rooms before and not enjoying it. Pleasant surprise! Rooms are super cute in a style I like, a retro, kinda funky look with fun colors and cute lamps, etc. had a cool dock for iPod or phone and you can connect and play on the t.v. Also can play it off the clock radio. I just payed $350 a night on the beach and didn't get those things! Also a
Fridge and microwave, two things the radisson didn't have and I payed more money. Not a beautiful location but we wanted to be on north end of town to get out of the city without traffic in the morning. It was a great find for the money.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have stayed at this location on a couple of occasions. The rooms are clean and updated. The lobby and the adjoining dining area are clean and maintained. The pool looks inviting, though on my trips I avoided the pool. The pool is located outside, and it was 120 degrees, The wireless internet is fast and reliable. The rooms are small. The bathrooms very small. The television options are not the usual Marriott set-up. There are no in room movies to order, so you are relegated to whatever may be on TV. Since is was a 120 outside, I was not in the mood to explore the surrounding area. However there appears to be a dive bar located next door, a Carl's Jr/Green Burrito a bit up the street and a few other dining options located nearby. They do offer a free breakfast.

Check in on each of my visit was always an irritation. I arrived at approximately 12:30 in the afternoon to discover the lobby abandoned. It turns out that all of the employees, and I mean every last one of them were all taking their lunch break at the same time, and were eating in the dining area. The shift manager noticed me and asked if I needed assistance, I stated that I'd like to check-in. I was denied check-in due to the lunch break. I was informed that I would need to wait an hour to check-in. Luckily I had purchased my lunch on my way in, and I just pulled up a seat and ate my lunch. Immediately following lunch, at 1:30, I was promptly checked in. I strongly suggest that the employees abandon their "family style" dining at lunch, and provide coverage of the hotel lobby,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had airplane business nearby at Deer Valley Airport and booked this Fairfield Inn again for two nights. They've remodeled the dining area and added an exercise room with a couple treadmills and an eliptical trainer since my last visit. When given a room right outside the elevator door (#310), I thought it might be a noisy night. It wasn't! The room was clean, comfortable, and well equipped with microwave, refrigerator, and flat screen HD TV with fifty or so channel choices. I just stayed in a Fairfield in Charlotte two weeks ago, and this breakfast was even better, with hot scrambled eggs and sausage available as well as many other choices. Best yet, the people are all so friendly. It makes this a great stop, and I'll be there again. Great value indeed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the past year when we've been travelling in Arizona, with the most recent visit last week. We've found it to be clean and the staff friendly and helpful, which are the two main things we are looking for in a hotel. The staff member who checked us in, Rodney, went out of his way to make sure we had everything we need which is always appreciated when travelling with an infant.

It is reasonably priced, especially if you use hotel coupons.

The location is good for travelling north, we have done the Grand Canyon as a day trip using this as a base, and also travelled to Sedona and Camp Verde from here. It is right alongside the I-17, so it's easy to get to, and we did not notice the highway noise at all.

There's a Waffle House right next to it which was useful when getting there late after day trips, and only a short walk further along Bell Road there is an Indian restaurant which does a good buffet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I used my points to stay at the Fairfield and other than the lack of a fitness center and limited parking it was pretty good. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was more than sufficient to save some money on a restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I used to stay at this hotel on business when in the Phoenix area. It was quite rundown and not up to Marriott standards. The desk help at the time were "questionable" too. After not staying there for at least 4 years I decided to go back on a hospital visit due to both location and price. I was very pleased! The property was just completing a full renovation, the front desk folks were awesome and my stay could not have been better! Kudos for correcting the place and being reborn for the Marriott family!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Phoenix North for 8 nights while reviewing properties in Sun City, visiting family in the Deer Valley area, and playing golf. The location is very convenient, since it is very close to the 101, I-17, and Bell Road. You can get anyplace in town very quickly due to the easy access to major highways, and places like Costco, Sam's Club, and numerous restaurants are close by. The hotel has been upgraded recently, with the breakfast room and lobby being remodeled in the past few months, along with some other amenities. The workout room is small, but totally adequate. They have good equipment and a TV in there, and also a pool and hot tub. The rooms are comfortable and quiet, and we enjoyed it very much.

Room Tip: There is an elevator, so any room is fine.