“state fair”

Super 8 Phoenix Metro North
Ranked #131 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
PHOENIX
Reviewed October 7, 2012

you get what u pay for this place.. The AC in the room didnt work. The bathtub had alot of damage. other than that it was good

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Jesus R
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Warning, bed in117 was atrocious, like a dish, extreme sag in the middle and hard. That said, for the price, the hotel has all it needs. I stayed in an accessible room. There was a bathtub and not a roll-in shower, but they had a handheld wand. I did not ask if there was a shower chair available. Even for a stand up shower, the handheld wand was hung at a good height. The towels were thick, a surprise! and the room had floor space to move around. A super plus was good reception on the TV and a good selection of channels. The breakfast was to be expected, honey bun or oatmeal. Pretty lame. the internet was strong enough for my needs.
The neighborhood leaves little to be desired, right next to a huge parking lot, a motel 6 and a kmart.
I didn't try the pool. There is a mall nearby, but I haven't been in it for a while. The restaurants near the mall are everything you could want.
The hotel is centrally located in Phoenix.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jean A
Phoenix
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was a bit concerned by the very negative reviews I read but the most recent seemed to dispell the negativity. I found this Super 8 to be pretty decent. My room was very clean, smelled fresh and the furniture was in good conditon albiet outdated. The bed was a real surprise, Clean sheets and quite comfortable.There were some homeless congregating in the neighboring parking lot but not enough to concern me. No hookers parading the property. In fact the guest mix seemed to be summer travelers, families and perhaps a few taking advantage of the cheap rate and calling the place home temporarily. I was curous at the police wandering the property in the morning. Overall it was a quiet, uneventful stay. My only complaint is the breakfast or lack thereof. Just coffee and packaged mini doughnuts. Had I known that, I would have slept in.

Room Tip: The insulalation is a bit thin so request a 2nd room floor to avoid hearing the footsteps of people...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 4, 2012

As a college student, I was on a budget and needed a cheap place to stay for a few nights. My expectation was low and I was apprehensive about booking here. However, to my surprise this was a pretty descent place to crash. This isn't super fancy, but for the price, I was well satisfied. I would certainly consider returning here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Booked a room after reading the reviews. I was a littled worried about the property but it was close to my son's house so I decided to gove a try. I found the property to be clean, comfortable and well maintained. The front desk staff were super. The neighborhood was just fine and actually better than some places I have stayed in the Phoenix area. I would definately recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo