“fishy”

Super 8 Phoenix West I-10
Ranked #134 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night. Checked in late afternoon. Staff was not very welcoming and was on lobby couch watching T.V. and another house keeping member was sitting at guest courtesy computer net-surfing. Lobby had all the equipment for breakfast but I wasn't told about its availability. The lobby, stairwell, and main halls we're stuffy and warm. Didn't get chance to go to pool. Then a higher rate room was automatically given to me without choice until after I got in room the a/c did not work. Told front desk and he reluctantly gave me another room (wich was less). The a/c was fine there but the entry door, entry wall area, and even the ceiling where dirty. Shower was ok and sheets seemed to be clean but hard to tell with only 1 lamp/light bulb out of 5 that actually worked. Last but not least I called front desk and we asked for a 30 min extension for check out (11:30 instead of 11:00) and was told no, that management does'nt allow that and I can expect a knock on the door at 11:00. I've been to other Super 8 hotels in Phoenix and Tucson and experience at this one was terrible! Had to write this reveiw. Will never recommend! Will never stay at this location again!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank kingag640
California Desert, California
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I stay in a lot of hotels. He is a truck driver and we like to get out of the truck from time to time; especially when we've been out a while. Our room was spotless; the king-size bed comfortable. We had a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. We always have our dog with us, and he was as welcome as we were. There was a $15, non-refundable pet deposit, but that really isn't bad as most hotels charge at least $25. There was also a large, paved lot for truck parking. Most places have a little space in a dusty spot out back. This lot could have held at least 10 trucks. The staff was very friendly and helpful; they recommended a great cab service for us. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ruidoso
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This place was awful cockroacheds in the bathroom stained pillows and sheets.Left after 4 hrs couldn't sleep felt like bed bugs nipping at me .DON'T STAY here sleep in your car if you have too. they moved us to a different without roaches but still filthy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Keith W

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Ruidoso, New Mexico
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I just may divorce my husband for booking a room at this crap hole. Our first room was filthy and there was a cockroach as big as a car in the tub. Our second room is equally filthy and if it wasn't 2am and we weren't in such a terrible neighborhood I would find another hotel or sleep in the car. I wouldn't let my dog sleep here. I am afraid to sleep so I'm laying Fully clothed on top of the bed and I likely won't shower in the morning because I don't want to get hepatitis. Do not stay at this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank nmgirl72
Kingman
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The bathroom floor was fery dirty. A towel dropped on floor was black from dirt. There were soda cans under bed and on shelf by bed. The employees were very polite and helpful. There was alot of traffic noise since it was by the freeway. The cleanliness was the only bad part of the stay. All else was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Todd E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix I-10 West
Comfort Inn West
Comfort Inn West
#122 of 174 in Phoenix
Best Western Tolleson Hotel

Been to Super 8 Phoenix West I-10? Share your experiences!