“Rude clerks, dirty towels & hair on the sheets, pillows and shower walls is enough to keep me from ever coming back!”

Super 8 Phoenix West I-10
Ranked #135 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Brookfield
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

$80 a night for a super 8 in that nasty, dangerous part of town is crazy! Hookers walking back and forth up the street, rude desk clerk at evening checkin, and top it off with rooms that have dirty towels refolded in the bathroom & hairy sheets.....no thanks, would rather sleep on the shoulder of the interstate!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank flight7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I might have given this facility a 3 rating except for a few things. There are NO available plugs in the room other than the bathroom. We had to pull out the nightstand, unplug the clock and use an extension cord for phone, computer, etc. When the nightstand was away from the wall it was impossible to miss the crud built up on the floor/wall. I doubt it has been cleaned in the last year. Also, there were 3 of us in the room. I hung my towels to re-use and they took them everyday, replacing them with 2 towels, requiring me to go ask for more daily. Housekeeping was nice but for some reason, they combined all of our things into one pile, even putting hairbrushes in the same cup with my toothbrush.
Two of us (women) made several trips on foot to the nearby businesses, an IHop and convenience store. We were told on Sunday morning that 2 men who were staying at the Days Inn (next door) were on their way back from the I-Hop and were robbed at gunpoint by 2 masked men. One of them had a huge cut on his eyebrow from one of his assailants. The front desk clerk at the Super 8 told us that we were perfectly safe walking in the area. The policemen that came for our friends who were robbed said that this kind of thing happens every weekend! I was also approached while outside by a man who asked me if I was alone.
Overall, the people there are nice and the laundry facilities are the best I have encountered but that doesn't make up for rancid cookies in the vending machines, criminal activity outside (and no warnings) and the filth behind the nightstand. Overall I think this is an ok place for the money but I would NOT walk to and from the nearby businesses after dark nor would I leave my toothbrush in a cup on the counter.
I guess I should also mention that the mattresses need to be replaced, they are lumpy and saggy.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor. The hallway is tiled. When the luggage cart is wheeled down the hall it...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jackiezone

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Saint Louis, Michigan, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed recently while driving from AZ to CA. For the price this is a good overnight choice. To me the mattress and sleep quality are very important. The beds were very comfortable. The room was clean. The only odd thing is that they only operate ice machines on 1 floor to save on utility costs. Would not vacation here but would stay overnight for travel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Livingston, Texas
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Property is off of the 51st Ave exit on I-10. Get off 10 and go south on 51st. Turn right at Carl's Jr. and go past the comfort inn sign. Turn right and go to the cul de sac. Super 8 on left, Day's inn (with clerks who WILL NOT ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR PRESENCE WHEN YOU ARE STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM) is on the right.
We had a king bed room which was clean and basic with micro, fridge, etc., for $64.00 and change including tax.
Pool is outside and parking area is huge so no problems and is well lighted. Breakfast is basic super 8 fair with packaged rolls, bread for toast, cold cereal, milk, juice, and coffee. Desk staff during the day and early evening was friendly but over-night man was Mr. Grumpy Face. To sum up, for the price and the location it is a good value for your stay in Phoenix, but don't expect this property to be a Marriott resort or a Hilton high dollar Hotel. We stayed on 02-04 and 02-05-2013

Room Tip: Two things to help you decide. 51st Ave is VERY busy day and night so it may take you a while to tu...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Comfort Inn I-10 West at 51st Ave
Comfort Inn West
Comfort Inn West
#123 of 174 in Phoenix
Best Western Tolleson Hotel

Been to Super 8 Phoenix West I-10? Share your experiences!