“Not as clean as the last time we stayed there”

Super 8 Phoenix West I-10
Ranked #135 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
PARKER
“Not as clean as the last time we stayed there”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Since we are smokers, we got a smoking room this time. The smell of smoke overwhelmed us when we opened the door. There was nicotine stains all over the walls. I had to clean hair out of the tub to take a bath. Found a strange hair in my bed. Crumbs on the floor. Not staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank TERESA D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed here in December 2011. I called before booking the room because the blogs online were horrible. I spoke to Mrs Patel and she assured me that her and her family just bought the hotel in May 2011 and that the hotel was completely remodelled and that she would do everything in her power to make sure we had a great stay. SHe lied!!! The room was filthy there was cockroaches everywhere, someone elses hair was still in our blankets and sheets. Eww! When I complained and asked for a new clean room. I waited for 2 hrs and a maid came to change the blankets. When you could clearly see they were not busy and had dozens of rooms empty. I was not happy with that decision. I couldnt sleep at all. I decided to leave but I complained to the manager and the owner and it was like once they got my money in there hand they could care less what there attitudes were,how dirty there hotel was. I predict this hotel not lasting long.. if it does then those customers are nasty!

Room Tip: Do not stay here, unless you want to sleep with roaches, other peoples pubes and god know
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank John R

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 16, 2011

The sheets and blankets had stains on them.There was a serious stain in the tub and sink.The carpet was filthy and had several stains on it.The towels were like sandpaper.When laid in bed and looked up at the ceiling I saw a dirty hand print staring back at me.It looks like the rooms have been neglected for quit some time. Avoid this place at all cost.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank 702king
Omaha, NE
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I stayed here on my most recent annual trip to Phoenix with my dad for some Spring Training baseball, and since it was just the two of us there for some sports, we weren't really all that picky in terms of having a really luxurious hotel -- just somewhere to sleep and, with any luck, not be mugged or propositioned by a prostitute. That said, this Super 8 actually surprised me with just how nice it was. It's clearly not a super upscale part of town, but it's not the ghetto I was expecting either -- and as a 24-year-old female, that did wonders for how secure I felt. The exterior was nice, there was a security guard in the lobby but it didn't seem that he was really all that needed, and even though it was pretty late when we checked in (caught a night game before we went to the hotel), we were warmly welcomed. The breakfast was about what would be expected -- mini bagels, danishes, cereal and toast -- but there's a Waffle House just up the street that had as much artery-clogging goodness as we could want. We didn't use the pool at all, and honestly I didn't even notice it -- so I'm assuming it was pretty small. The free wireless internet was a great perk, and helped with finding restaurants or checking baseball schedules while we were there.

The biggest thing this hotel has going for it is the location -- it's just off I-10 (...obviously...), which connects to the 101 Loop just a few miles to the west and I-17 just a few miles to the east, which makes it easy to get just about anywhere pretty easily. If you're going for baseball, this place is ideal -- just a short trip to the ballparks on the west side (Peoria, Surprise, Glendale, Goodyear, and literally about four minutes to Maryvale, which, if you haven't visited, GO -- it's amazing!), but still a quick trip to the ones on the east side too via the interstate. There were a bunch of other guests there for the same reason we were, so it was fun to share experiences with complete strangers over a danish every morning. I'll definitely plan to stay here again on future baseball trips.

• Stayed March 2009
Fresno, California
Reviewed February 19, 2009

With regard to local motels in this few blocks, this is a top notch motel! :)
I was VERY pleased with the modern look and feel of this property, and the rooms had every thing I wanted, from a coffee maker, refrigerator, and microwave, to shampoo! :)
Large TV with cable also in room. Clean room overall, room in good repair, no bugs or rodent tracks or trails. I recommend this motel for families, getaways, and elderly travelers to!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Comfort Inn I-10 West at 51st Ave
Best Western Tolleson Hotel
Comfort Inn West
Comfort Inn West
#121 of 174 in Phoenix

Been to Super 8 Phoenix West I-10? Share your experiences!