WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Travelodge Phoenix

Travelodge Phoenix
Ranked #115 of 177 Hotels in Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent stay for the price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2011

Here is a place that you get what you need at a price long forgotten. I stayed here for 12 nights at $60 a night. I got a clean room, a comfortable bed, a shower/bath with great water pressure and plenty of hot water, a color TV with plenty of channels including HBO, a refrigerator and microwave, adequate lighting to work in, wireless internet and a continental breakfast. If all you seek is a clean place to rest, this is the one.

One important distinction I wish to make about this property. This is a family run hotel. I saw all of the family members participating in running and maintaining the property. The owners demonstrated sincerity and a willingness to be helpful where ever possible. On one occasion, I arrived too late for the breakfast. The owner explained the start/stop times (of which I was over an hour late) and offered me some coffee packets. The next morning, owner called me to ask if I would like any food/coffee before they took down the breakfast. I never asked them to do this. They just took the initiative and demonstrated a true concern for me as their customer. I was amazed.

Towards the end of my stay, I went into the office to make arrangements regarding my checkout. I saw a couple who looked very tired after a long day of travel. They were trying to get a room and the hotel was booked. The owners were on the phone making calls trying to find them something. I didn’t want to bother them so I left the office. I came back an hour later and found the couple still there. It turns out that the owners had found a place for them to stay and were making the arrangements for them. When was the last time you saw service like this in something other than a movie?

In closing this review, I must point out the rating I have provided this hotel is based on what I got for the money I spent. Many times, the reference to, “you get what you paid for” is used in a negative context. Here is a perfect example of getting what you paid for actually exceeding your expectations. Let’s be real, this is not the Bellagio nor does it pretend to be such. But I will say it is much more than many other hotels at twice the price.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
6 Thank FlashAndFrugal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Leamington Spa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

I stayed at the Travelodge in march. I found the hotel was great after a long flight to be able to check in and within 5 minutes be in the room, which was clean and having a comfy bed. This hotel is great if you are a renting a car, as it takes around 10 minutes to drive into downtown Phoenix. Overall great hotel, room cleaned everyday and friendly staff. And there are many food outlets within a minutes walk Mcdonalds etc.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Anaheim, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2007

Horrible cockroach problem, indifferent staff, generally unclean room. Checked out first thing in the morning after a sleepless night. Would never return.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cockroaches
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank raicha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Holiday Inn Phoenix-West
Premier Inns Tolleson
#2 of 4 in Tolleson
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix I-10 West
The Grand Canyon University Hotel

Been to Travelodge Phoenix? Share your experiences!