“Comfortable stay”

Sleep Inn Phoenix North I-17
Ranked #72 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The hotel was easy to get to as it is just off the main road, route 17, thru town. The desk employee was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The pool was clean and easy to get to. The room service company that they use is not good. They were slow and the food was cold. Go out or you might try Dominoes!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda T
Ajay P, Manager at Sleep Inn Phoenix North I-17, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Linda,

Ajay Patel, General Manager
Sleep Inn Phoenix North
602-504-1200

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New Jersey shore
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I got it as part of a package travel plan (booked by Southwest Airlines), but I would book there again even if not part of a package.

Very helpful staff. Clean, comfortable rooms. Very good complimentary breakfast. No hours on the exercise room; use it any time, accessed by your room card. Did I say very helpful staff? Well, it warrants saying again.

Things that were less than perfect, but not a deal-breaker: The wi-fi was rather slow; c'mon guys. It seemed like there was not enough parking -- but we never had a problem finding a convenient space. (I don't know how close to capacity the hotel was booked; parking might be bad on a crowded weekend.)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dtut
Anywhere, MD
Reviewed June 23, 2013

By booking through Choice Hotel's website, in advance, and non-refundable, I got a great rate. For budget hotels, Sleep Inn is usually one of the best. Clean room, nice television, and reasonably quiet. There was some domestic drama in the Studio 6 (Motel 6) parking lot next door, but that died down pretty quickly. Sleep Inn's rooms are usually just a little smaller than the norm, but beyond that, you could pay twice as much for a room and not do any better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Room was very clean and nicely decorated! Hotel staff were very attentive and cordial. Convenient location and a fantastic price made this one a no brainer. I would not hesitate recommending this hotel or staying here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New York, NY
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Good place. No complaints at all. Good sort of ac that stayed on steady as opposed to the bad kind that bangs on and off all night, my pet peeve. Windows also open wide to let in fresh air with none of the stinkin ' lawyer locks that so many of them put on so that the windows can only open 1/2 inch lest the clients toss each other out and sue the hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank z1307z
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were guests for 2 nights while traveling to Flagstaff for NAU's graduation. It was an easy trip to Flagstaff and rather than pay the inflated prices we chose a hotel in Northern Phoenix as our base and drove to Flagstaff and back.

On arrival we were greeted by a friendly clerk who had saved a room close by the entrance to accomodate my request for barrier free access. The room was clean and cozy. The bathroom had a very nice stall shower rather than a tub/shower. I have leg and back trouble and always worry about climbing over the tub side, this was perfect for me! Plenty of pillows, a nice flat screen tv, big workspace desk and a safe. There's a lot for a little price.

Breakfast was wonderful. You can make a fresh waffle, have fresh fruit, cereal, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, juice, decent coffee, toast, english muffins (actually Thomas's), and some small sweet rolls. You will not go away hungry.

When we were packing to leave there was a family enjoying the pool, wish I would have remembered bathing suits. The check out time is Noon which gave us a chance to have breakfast and relax for a couple of hours before continuing our journey home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brenda, AZ
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed two night at this property. The hotel was very clean, service excellent and very accomadating. We chose this property because of the location close to Mayo clinic hospital. It was a very great experience, Good TV and the wi-fi was strong. I would recommend this to anyone on a budget. I had no concerns about security. There was a resturant and a lounge at the hotel on the corner if we would have wanted one.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 129. Close to back door and parking. Not close to pool.