“Good value”

Ranked #72 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
New York, NY
“Good value”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Good place. No complaints at all. Good sort of ac that stayed on steady as opposed to the bad kind that bangs on and off all night, my pet peeve. Windows also open wide to let in fresh air with none of the stinkin ' lawyer locks that so many of them put on so that the windows can only open 1/2 inch lest the clients toss each other out and sue the hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank z1307z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were guests for 2 nights while traveling to Flagstaff for NAU's graduation. It was an easy trip to Flagstaff and rather than pay the inflated prices we chose a hotel in Northern Phoenix as our base and drove to Flagstaff and back.

On arrival we were greeted by a friendly clerk who had saved a room close by the entrance to accomodate my request for barrier free access. The room was clean and cozy. The bathroom had a very nice stall shower rather than a tub/shower. I have leg and back trouble and always worry about climbing over the tub side, this was perfect for me! Plenty of pillows, a nice flat screen tv, big workspace desk and a safe. There's a lot for a little price.

Breakfast was wonderful. You can make a fresh waffle, have fresh fruit, cereal, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, juice, decent coffee, toast, english muffins (actually Thomas's), and some small sweet rolls. You will not go away hungry.

When we were packing to leave there was a family enjoying the pool, wish I would have remembered bathing suits. The check out time is Noon which gave us a chance to have breakfast and relax for a couple of hours before continuing our journey home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brenda, AZ
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed two night at this property. The hotel was very clean, service excellent and very accomadating. We chose this property because of the location close to Mayo clinic hospital. It was a very great experience, Good TV and the wi-fi was strong. I would recommend this to anyone on a budget. I had no concerns about security. There was a resturant and a lounge at the hotel on the corner if we would have wanted one.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 129. Close to back door and parking. Not close to pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Soda Springs, Idaho
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I chose this motel because I have stayedin one before in Idaho and was very happy...however this location ...no so much. After check in I went to my assigned room and noticed something on the walls.....I open the drape and saw splashes of where apparently a food fight had taken place. I tracked down ...a very nice....housekeeper and she cleaned the walls while telling me of a soccer team had stayed and thrashed the rooms they were in...TWO WEEKENDS PRIOR! I informed the front desk...I got...oh ok. OK?
Day two. I was given fresh towells. That's it. Didn't make the bed...didn't take out the trash..didn't vacume. I went to the front desk...he said...while looking at the computer screen...that room is marked clean...REALLY? would you care to see it? He said no...it is marked clean....so no apologies ..no compensation ..nothing.
So if you can't give a care...go ahead and stay....I wont be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Murrieta, California
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I selected this place for one reason; low cost. In fact, I saved over $100 for my two night stay and I'll take that any day over a place with some *sparkle*. This is a well-maintained budget motel that is conveniently located near the I-17 & I-110 freeways. While it is older than some, I did not find it to appear run down at all. The staff was friendly, even at nearly midnight when we checked in. The rooms are exactly what you should expect for the price. Small and basic. The bed was comfortable for me and they even provide more pillows than you need. If you happen to need a late night snack, I found that the chips and soda in their vending machine is much cheaper than getting it at the nearby gas station. There was one thing I had an issue with and it was the air conditioner. Several times overnight, it would turn itself off and I had to get up to turn it back on. It gets stuffy in the room when it's not on. Overall Sleep Inn meet my needs and I would definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Here were the good things: The room was clean and a good size. There was free wifi and breakfast was included. There was an outdoor, heated pool that was in good repair. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Local calls were free, as were the weekday editions of USA today. The rate was under $60.00 per night.
Areas that could be improved: The lobby furniture was a bit worn. My room overlooked the pool, so it was noisy all day long and up to 10pm when it closed. The bed was a little lumpy. The breakfast was so so. Except for the gas station convenience store 1 block away, the closest shopping/food area was 1.25 miles, which is far if you don't have a car. They also don't recycle. I had quite an accumulation of plastic bottles and paper that I felt guilty about throwing away.
If you are on a budget and this location works, I would definitely consider it. I felt safe and did take several walks around the adjacent neighborhood.

Room Tip: Request a room on the first floor, in the even numbers. If you don't need the safe, request that...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Deer Valley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix North
Candlewood Suites Phoenix
#71 of 174 in Phoenix
North Mountain
Quality Inn Phoenix North I-17
Deer Valley
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Happy Valley

Been to Sleep Inn Phoenix North I-17? Share your experiences!