“New Management, Great Service, BEST location for valley business...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway

Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway
Ranked #140 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Oregon Coast, Oregon
“New Management, Great Service, BEST location for valley business...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2010

Manager Kevin Butler and his staff were very attentive to anything we had problems with as in dishwasher, A/C, etc... Management worked a great price for our month stay while we looked for and purchased a home here in the city of Phoenix. Great location to restaurants as in Papadeaux's Cajun Cuisine, & TGI Friday. Rooms are not luxury, but very clean and adequate for a temporary living space while staying for a long period of time. Kitchenettes were very functional, fridge had ice maker, had a dishwasher and a 2 burner stove top.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Susanlarson, Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, June 4, 2010
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Phoenix - Metro Center. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2008

First of all, the location really lacks any creativity. It's in the middle of a business complex. What is there to do but drive in the nightmare traffic, right next to the hotel. It's dirtiness, smelliness is just the beginning. Apparently previous guests urinated in the heating system so when you needed air...look OUT! Sheets, towels, pillows straight from dollar general so don't look for any comforts here. When I asked why we were given rooms with one bed instead of two, they said very clearly and bluntly... YOU BOOKED WITH PRICELINE, THAT'S WHAT YOU GET! so
buyer... BEWARE... run run run from here.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank betz88

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Boston, Phoenix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2006

The place as expected, king bed with full kitchen, everything is fine, we booked a room for 2 nites thru priceline for $25 per night so no complaining on my part. Room is clean/neat even tho close the I17 but no car noise as we can hear from the room.

• Liked — Full kitchen, close to highway/major metro area
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank nguyen27
City Of The Angels
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2006

When I stayed at this hotel six months ago I was absolutely disgusted at how dirty and smelly it was. I am a moderate smoker and so had requested a smoking room, but even as a smoker I was totally TURNED OFF by the reek and stench of the room, it was as if the carpets and drapes had not been cleaned for YEARS! Secondly there was tomato sauce ( I hope ) on the kitchen wall, dirty bathroom with burn marks, dirty outside with filth stuck to the air conditioner and building, just unbelieveably unclean, and I am not a clean freak. Even the front desk person was dressed in a shirt which looked as if it had not been laundered in weeks. Maybe this hotel has pulled it together in the months since my stay, but if not RUN AWAY from this dump.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Filthy inside and out
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away, STAY FAR FAR AWAY!
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank JazzCruise
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2005

My husband and I planned to stay here several nights while work was being done on our house. This hotel is close to where we live. I reserved a non-smoking room. After all the great reviews on tripadvisor.com and at only $50 a night, I though I had a smokin' deal. Non-smoking to me means - no smoking in the room. The room smelled somewhat smoky when we first got in there, but I rationalized that sometimes rooms get converted from smoking to non, or housekeepers smoke while they clean, etc. so while the room is not truly a "smoking room" there could be remnants. However, that night, invisible cigarette smoke poured in through the bathroom. The next day, all of our clothes and our suitcase reeked as if we'd been in a seedy bar with no circulation all night. I have asthma, so non-smoking is not a finicky preference, it is truly a health issue. If that had been the only problem we would have just asked for another room. But combined with the following, we just wanted out: The young woman who checked us in was sullen and had charged us a different amount than we'd been quoted on the phone and acted put out that we made her change it; there was a large rip in the blanket on the bed; an olive pit was on the floor under the air conditioner; sticky candy was embedded in the carpet; there was mold in the shower; a cigarette burn on the couch; the bed was very uncomfortable - all in all, not the kind of place geared to customer service. The kitchenette was a nice size and did seem clean. Everything else made me wish I'd brought hand sanitizer. We had checked in at 3:00 PM, but then had to leave our things at the hotel and didn't get back until late. If we'd noticed how bad it was when we first got there, we wouldn't have stayed even one night. Maybe the place has gone downhill since the other reviews were posted. Or maybe the things I've noted didn't bother other people. But I found -- I got what I paid for.

• Stayed August 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
South Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2004

The excellent rating is based on the cost. The hotel came packaged with airfare. We were looking for an extended weekend getaway to Phoenix and found a terrific value on site59.com. We did not intend to spend much time in the hotel so value at an inexpensive price was perfect. That is what we got. The location was good, easy on and off from one of the main expressways in Phoenix. It was an easy 10-15 minute drive from the airport. The room was very good, had everything we needed with a full kitchen we did not take advantage of. The staff was helpful but not especially knowledgeable of some of the local tourist places. The continental breakfast was fine for getting a quick bite in the morning and get out on the road for our planned activities. Parking was fine, the pool looked nice. Plenty of chain restaurants nearby, many in walking distance. I would recommend Pappadeaux's restaurant next door. Wonderful New Orlean's style and menu.

7 Thank maxima0359
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2003

I stayed at this hotel for only $28 a night through Priceline. I think I got a great deal. The hotel was easy to find for someone who had never been to Phoenix before. The room came with a fully equipped kitchen, sofa, tv with remote, two beds, and all the other usual ammenities. The carpet and sofa showed their age, but were acceptable nonetheless. You can get a pass to use a fitness center, but we didn't have the time. We went in the winter time, so we didn't use the pool.
The staff was friendly. The free breakfast wasn't as good as it could have been. There was plenty of parking and if there aren't enough spots, there's more parking right next door at the restaurant. The seafood restaurant next door was great. Overall, I was satisifed and would stay there again if I were on a budget.

7 Thank marc1976