“AWESOME! GREAT PLACE TO STAY & EXCELLENT STAFF!!!”

Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway
Ranked #140 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona
“AWESOME! GREAT PLACE TO STAY & EXCELLENT STAFF!!!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband & I have been here at the Extended Stay Metro Center for about a month now, due to relocation.
The managers Christine & Kim have been great. They both have personally attended to our needs.
The front desk staff Erin, Jessica & the others have been very helpful & able to help with any thing that may come up.
The maintenance crew keeps the property & pools looking great like a 5 star resort.
The cleaning crew keeps each room clean. Carpets are vaccumed everyday, always clean linens. There is a small kitchenette in each room, fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher, coffee pot & dishes. Makes it very convenient to many people.
I would definitely recommend this property to anyone who is looking for a place to stay due to relocation, business and or pleasure trip.
Extended Stay Metro Center makes you feel like you are at "HOME".

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Shelley92572
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review! I'm so pleased to hear that the staff at the hotel have taken good care of you. I am also very pleased to see that you have enjoyed the comforts of the room. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Grenada, Mississippi
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was burglarized at this hotel during my stay while I was at work in March of 2013!!!! My computer along with important documents were taken, personal items also taken. It was awful!! According to the "management" my key was the only one used on my door, She stated that even if I go into a room it registers on the computer.... eirsecond day after the burglary, I left to go replace items taken, upon my return, lights were on that I did not have on and my curtains pulled. I immediately went to the front desk to ask if anyone had entered my room according to their computer... I was told no. The desk clerk called the manager and she told her that she had gone into my room to pull the curtains and turn on lights.... Humm, either they have a faulty system or I was lied to. Their insurance carrier is not responsible for 3rd party burglary and currently waiting to hear about the Arizona statute for innkeeper and guest. I dont think I will be compensated and no one wants to accept responsibility.

Room Tip: I had 2 spoons, 1 pan, can opener that did not work. Cheap toilet paper. Carpet dirty. Pillows that...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lily V
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Lily - Thank you for providing us with feedback about your stay at our hotel. It is extremely disheartening to read that personal items were removed from your room and we were unable to locate them for you. Please accept my most sincere apologies for this situation and the inconvenience it caused. I have spoken with the entire staff and can assure you we do not condone illegal activities or partake in them.

If you would like to discuss this further, please reach out to us directly at the hotel. Otherwise, we hope you will choose to stay at an Extended Stay Hotel again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

westhope
Reviewed March 8, 2013

As a NASCAR fan, my wife and I enjoy attending some races each year. And with the cost of things ever rising, we always look for the best value. At Extended Stay America, we have always found an excellent value for our money.
Of all the Extended Stay visits we have had in the past, this one I will rate as the BEST we have had.
From check-in to check-out, it was everything one could expect to receive for the money, bar none !
It is very easy to find, easy access from the highway, convenient to PIR, about 23 miles ( all interstate), has quality dining available within 2 miles either direction.
But now to the real value of this hotel. The reservations were very easy to make and confirm, enough said. When we arrived to check-in, we were greeted by Lupita, and a great smile and a genuine " Welcome, May I help you ?" Check in was easy, and she answered all my questions about local food/groceries, etc. And then she proceeded to draw us a map to them !
We went to our room, which was clean and well lit, had a full size fridge, 2 burner stove, micro, dishwasher too ! Nice LG tv. We had the King bed with a sleeper sofa suite. Nice bathroom and dressing area, well lit also.
They offered a light breakfast for those that wanted a quick breakfast on the go, good coffee and muffins, snack bars, and fresh fruit as well.
The grounds keeper was a very pleasant man to chat with. Always had a smile and a nice Hello for you. And, he was a Carl Edwards fan ! Very helpful with information also.
The manager, Lori, was a real life saver for me as well. I had a senior moment when making the reservation, and had us checking our 1 day earlier than our flight home ! Well, she was super helpful in extending our stay, in our original room, at the already full hotel ! It was so nice to know that she really cared about her customers ! She also went through a lot of trouble to find and print our airline boarding passes as well. Never lost her can do attitude !
Yes, I am impressed with this hotel that could !
I do recommend Extended Stay America to anyone traveling in this area for an extended time, knowing that you will not be disappointed with the quality or service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that the staff took such good care of you while you were with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed for a week and it was cheap! The staff was friendly. That was the good part. The room really needed to have the rug cleaned. The couch was beyond cleaning. The desk had a broken drawer. The kitchen had one pot and no skillet. The pool was out of service. The room was supposed to be no smoking but smelled of smoke and there were cigarette burns on the kitchen floor. I am not a picky traveler but I would not stay there again and certainly would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Go to a different Extended Stay
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Schwarmstedt, Niedersachsen, Germany
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I recently answered a Extended Stay America hotel survey that I recieved in my email . I did not take my time nor did I carefully read the survey when I answered it. I wanted to redo and correct my error. I have booked a room at ESA for 2 weeks. I am into my second week stay. So far I can honestly say that I have really enjoyed the room and the atmosphere. Check-in was very nice and pleasent. The Frontdesk Associate was friendly and answered all of the questions we had. We have a double bed room and we find it is perfecct that the room has a kitchen to accompy it. We are able to eat, shop and cook as if we were at home. Having a family and traveling and staying in hotels can be hard but we have discovered Extended Stay America has made it easier for us! We are greeted with a friendly smile and hello from the workers every time we leave our room and come in contact. Frontdesk is always helpful and cheerful when we call up front. The overall room is very nice and clean and we are happy with the Housekeeping service we recieve when scheduled. We will share our experrience with our friends and family and hopeful they will decide to book a room at a Extended Stay America Hotel on their next vacation!

Jamiila Amira X Williams

Room Tip: I think it would not matter which room a guest decided to book. I would say that no matter what room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JamiilaWilliams
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, January 22, 2013

La Vernia, Texas
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My daughter at 30 weeks pregnant collapsed and hemorrhaged, in the room. The Manager, Lorie Jordan was there within minutes! She was wonderful and helped me with my daughter till the ambulance arrived! I think she was the key reason my daughter did not die from shock. The blood loss was enormous. While my daughter was in surgery, Frank, who is also on staff here, moved our belongings to another room so we would not have to face the room before the clean up was done. Through this situation the staff here have been wonderful, and supportive. Lorie and Frank both are VALUABLE EMPLOYEES! Hard working, smart, kind, and caring!!
My daughter is do well and recovering.The baby is still in ICU, but improving. If not for Lorie Jordan, They both would not be with us today. Thank You, Lorie and Frank!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your daughter had such a horrible experience while with us, but am extremely proud of my manager, Lorie, and her staff for jumping in so quickly to assist. I'm thankful to hear your daughter and the baby are doing okay! Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Nothing special and a bit on the small side, especially the bathrooms but adequate and clean. We were a bit disappointed as we were hoping for a ground floor room because my husband has back issues and can't carry much up the stairs and there are no elevators. In light of this, the front desk girl went out of her way to try and compensate, even offering too help us carry our bags up if we needed the assistance. Free wifi is nice. Just an FYI, if you are one that counts on the usual gratis toiletries such as shampoo and conditioner, you wont find them here. The only thing they offer is bar soaps and liquid dish soap for the kitchen area. Overall not so bad.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our hotel amenities. It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers. To that end, we don't put items like shampoo bottles, shower caps, or face lotions within a room prior to a guest's arrival. That's because although these things are perceived as being ""free"" at other hotels, you still end up paying for them in your nightly rate. However, given our commitment to your satisfaction, we do have a limited supply of complimentary sundries available upon request at the front desk. Doing business this way allows us to continue to offer great rooms at exceptional rates. I am truly sorry that we were unable to communicate our offering effectively to you before you arrived.