Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway
$71
GardenInn.com
Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$67
$64
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $79/night.

Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix North(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Restaurant
$158
$143
  • Restaurant
The Clarendon Hotel and Spa(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$85
  • Pool
All reviewssparkling cleantv channelsflat screendishwasherpappadeauxswivel
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I was staying here on vacation visiting my boyfriend who lives in Arizona.. I pick this hotel because of the amenities, since it was just the 2 of us I thought it would be cool to just buy food and other items and use the kitchen.. Everything was great. My only thing was that I had to pay for coffe.It was only a dollar but still had to pay. If I was going to pay for coffee in a hotel I should have just walked the 2 blocks to starbucks and purchase a stronger cup. The staff was friendly and allowed me to store my luggage until it was time for me to go to the airport. I would stay here again just the next time I will supply my own coffee..LOL

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Metro Center. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

After staying at many Extended StayAmerica's across the country, I expected this experience to be consistent with others. I don't know if it is the Arizona heat that makes everyone so slow, but the service and response time to requests was unreasonably lax.

I was unimpressed with the fact that the front desk was often empty for long periods of time (and the main lobby locked), and even more unimpressed with the fact that the phone inside the room didn't work at all.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sunchaser8
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Metro Center. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to respond to your issue in a way that might be able to help future customers. It's very important to us that our guests know exactly what to expect when staying with us - a great room at an exceptional rate. In order for us to continue offering such value, we maintain fully staffed front desk hours between 7am and 11pm seven days a week, though occasionally our staff must step out of the office to assist to the needs of other guests. They are always available via the phone located directly outside the front office. During other times, our overnight staff is always available to check in guests and assist with other issues. We will certainly follow up on the issue of the phone not functioning in your room. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Having read the negative reviews, I was VERY concerned about the ten-day stay I had booked for my wife and I at this property, so much so, I wanted to see the room prior to checking in. Not only was the room acceptably clean, comfortable, and suited to our needs, management had, of her own initiative (based on my earlier comments from a visit a few days earlier), purchased a new mattress pad for the bed. As a result of her responsiveness and courteousness, we will not only stay the full ten days as planned, we are considering staying another month or two instead of renting a condo. At $50 a night (booked directly from the website), the king sized bed (in an executive suite"), is a good value. You simply have to adjust your expectations to align with the price you pay. It's no Marriott--but it's also not $250 per night.

Room Tip: If you're going to be staying a while, book an executive suite. The extra floor space provides a less crowded feel. Also, we stayed on on the northeast corner of the property--directly across a very nice, paved walking trail.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Black Canyon Highway, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Phoenix - Metro Center. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

My review of this place over 2 years ago was raving over this place; but this time, I was so disappointed and shocked that I felt like I had gone to the parallel universe's version of the place. To be fair, it seems they are really trying to upgrade and improve in some ways such as the outdoor areas such as the pool and balconies, but during such improvements, they should not be putting guests in to very substandard rooms. My partner and I booked this stay through Price-line this time, and wonder if this was the reason we were given such a bad room. Some hotels tend to dislike not getting direct bookings as Price-line is a "prepaid" reservation and the hotels have to depend on filing paperwork to retrieve their share of the room rate.

Our original room was #166, 2 standard beds, kitchenette, and sitting area. The mattress' were covered with protector bags that were over-sized and drooping too the floor under the sheets which were put on the beds inside out, and poorly as the bed was very puckered and wrinkled when we pulled the blankets back to get in bed. The mattress protectors that were hanging out of the sheets onto the floor were covered in what looked like dried body fluids such as mucus, blood, and other unmentionable filth. The A/C unit sounded like a 50 year old Harley Davidson; the toilet rim and seat were not clean but streaked and smeared, and the hinges to the toilet lid were crusted with brown substance. To add insult to injury when I grabbed for a hand towel, it was very stiff and dryer burned with black kinky hairs stuck in the fibers.

We had checked in early at 1:15PM, but had been running errands after putting our luggage away, so we didn't get in to observe the room until after 7PM. This is when we were getting ready to get to bed early due to a huge move that we were in the middle of.

I called the front desk and told her our discoveries in the room, and she came up about 20 minutes later to see the validity in our complaint. She saw and documented on paper what she saw and asked if we wanted another room, and immediately we said, PLEASE! So she moved us into 168 which had been repainted and fixed up, and was much cleaner than 166 which still had old style furnishings and painted walls...

The bathrooms however in both rooms had substandard lighting because they had said there was an incident of a 90watt bulb being put in one's fixture and almost starting a fire, this per the maintenance man's comment when he came to take the lens out of our light so we could have a tiny bit more light. Anyone knows if you put a CFL bulb in these units that are about 12-16 watts, that they will not overheat and put of a lot of light up to 100 watts worth of incandescent lighting.

Sadly, I do not think we will ever come back here again. I was not only disappointed, but sad because of how nice it was while we stayed here the first time in 2010.

I hope for their sake that they can get this place pulled back together in a cleaner and more customer friendly way...

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TheRenovator
Reviewed December 3, 2011

My husband and I just sold our place in az, and need a place to stay for awhile tell the cold weather changes in the north. We went to several extended stay places in this area. I have to say we were pleased when we decided to stop and check out the metro center extended stay. Staff was friendly, helpful, and the room was very nice better than other extended stays we look at. The Hotel staff also allowed us to look at several choice options before we decided on a room. Oh and the price was excellent as well. I also like that it had a sofa instead of one chair in the room I hate when one of us has to sit on the bed for lack of any place else to sit. When I first read some of the bad reviews my thought was we could not be staying at the same hotel. I can’t speak about the experience other guest have had but I can tell you ours was a very good one, and we will stay again. :-)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple