“Avoid the coupons or specials”
Review of Legacy Golf Resort

Legacy Golf Resort
Ranked #65 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Firstly, I could not find reviews of the golf course at Legacy Golf Resort so here goes. We found the course well maintained with clean fairways and demanding greens. Putting at Legacy was like putting on a pool table - it was tough. The stimp meter must have been off the chart. The staff were friendly and courteous which helped us midway through our round. My major complaint was that our round was purchased at a discount coupon rate so when I phoned for a tee time, the earliest time was 2:44. I paid $59, which included a cart (and a beer) but you are paying for a twilight rate which in my mind is too expensive. We were paired up with another couple who attended a timeshare meeting which gave them a free round of golf. Again a ripoff because they could not complete the round. The starter recommended we repeat the front 9 as we made the turn because he said no one would be in front. That was a big help because we did manage to complete 15 holes. Overall a very nice course but avoid any coupons, time share gifts or anything like that.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank stefanop54
General Manager C, General Manager at Legacy Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

What a nice review, Stefanop!
We’re pleased to share your comments with Golf’s management and staff – in particular your starter, whose advice contributed to your enjoyment.

Your concerns regarding the discount coupon were thoughtfully presented and, I’m sure will benefit future visitors.

We hope to welcome you and your friends back again!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

My husband and I booked a 3 night stay at The Legacy Golf Resort and it was good for the price. We paid about $135 per night, and for a weekend we thought that was fair. There were great things and not so great things about this hotel. As follows:

Great things:
-Fridge in room
-Coffee Maker in room
-Stove in room
-Cable in room
-Close to a Target, CVS, and food
-Free parking for people staying in rooms...(parking at night was really hard to find, btw)
-Really pretty resort

Bad things:
-internet was TERRIBLE. Upon calling and asking the front desk about the internet problems, the response was " This has been an issue for some of our other guests, we're trying to fix the problem and will call you as soon as it's fixed." 2 days later-the problem was not fixed, nor did I get a phone call.
-It's a Time Share. When you check in, they want you to sign up for a presentation, and they call you constantly to listen to their presentation. When I tell you no, I mean no. It was pretty annoying
-I called to ask where the nearest vending machine was. My husband was sick and needed some beverages, but we had none. We were in Casita 10, far from the reception area. They told me I had to go all the way to the pool/tennis courts near reception area. The distance it was to drive to the tennis courts or drive to the CVS was almost the same. They should put some vending machines closer to the casitas, considering it's a drive to the tennis court area.
-Because our 3 night stay was considered a "short stay" no maid service was allowed to come by. When we tried to take out our own trash it was so over filled we couldn't even fit it in the trash can and it had to go outside the trash. Kind of gross.
-The parking lot was SO full when we came back to the resort at night that we had to park really far from our room. We came back with groceries (since the vending machines were so far away we decided to buy our things at CVS) and it was a total hassle walking back to our room
-Super outdated and old rooms. While the resort is beautiful the rooms are so tired and really need to be redone. They look like they were done about 20 years ago.
-At least a 25 min drive to anywhere you may want to drive to (Old town etc etc)
-Really thin walls-you can hear everything from the next door rooms.

If you're looking for a reasonably priced place to stay but don't need to be close to anywhere, and want to be left alone, this could be your place. If you're looking for fast internet, great service, and close to the hub of things, this is not your place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlexisK_V
General Manager C, General Manager at Legacy Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay last month, Rebekah.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your room’s appliance package. As part of Wyndham’s Vacation Ownership family, we constantly strive to provide “home away from home” atmosphere – both to our owners and guests. In fact, a rooms’ renovation project is slated to begin in 2015, greatly enhancing our family-friendly, condo-style appeal.

Conversely, it is always disappointing to hear when someone experiences challenges during their stay. Please be assured, we are working diligently with our internet provider to improve connectivity to all of our customers’ wireless devices. Your comments regarding trash service and the availability of vending machines are also appreciated. Everyone’s observations help us improve!

We do hope you will give our beautiful resort another try!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is the second stay for us at the Legacy. there are so many goof things about the resort I don't want to take them away so that's where I'll start. the really good things were.

golf course condition
golf course is managed very well
golf course and front desk staff friendliness
pool and amenities
great price.
very comfortable bed
Very nice grounds
great location

Here are the things that I did not like

Concierge could not take a polite reply that I did not want to waste my time attending a high pressure time share selling session. she asked me repeatedly(6-7 times) and even called my room, she did stop after I asked her to stop with the harassment (not very relaxing and made me feel uncomfortable to go to the front desk afterwards)

The studio we had definitely needs updating. the appliances are old and the attention to detail in the trim and paint needs work.

This final thing and the only reason I will not return is THE WALLS ARE SO THIN I COULD HEAR THE PEOPLE SNORING ALL NIGHT LONG IN THE NEXT CONDO. Really sucked!!!

I shared my concern with the hotel staff and they told me that they would have to tear down the walls and rebuild to fix it. There are some very easy and economical ways to fix this. Sound barrier wall insulation. There is no excuse for not addressing this problem with so many comments from guests about the same problem. yeah its going to cost a few bucks to fix it but people would rather pay than to have to wear ear plugs or not sleep because of this.

quite unfortunate because the place is really good if you can put up with the bad parts.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gene B
General Manager C, General Manager at Legacy Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for sharing details from your recent stay, Gene. I was so pleased to learn you thoroughly enjoyed our golf course and pool facilities ... that our associates’ friendly attitudes made you feel welcome!

On the other hand, I want to extend my personal apologies for your feeling harassed by the resort’s Guest Guide/concierge. While many of our owners and guests enjoy receiving these updates, others prefer to be left alone. I wholeheartedly agree; one should only have to say “no” once.
Too, I am genuinely sorry that sound levels from the adjoining unit impacted your ability to enjoy a good night’s rest. We’re excited to witness a structural rooms renovation project beginning next year – sure to alleviate these distractions.

I appreciate your continued patronage – as well as your candid observations – and hope you will allow us the opportunity to fulfill your lodging needs time and again.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Definitely a resort property and not a hotel. Lodging is spread out and helps to have car, but not required. My room was one bedroom, 2 person jacuzzi, separate shower and toilet room, small kitchen with stove and full size fridge.
Plenty of room to spread out. No minibar or even bottled waster provided. No room dining service. Golf shop restaurant was good and quick for breakfast. If you intend to use this, try to get a room close by.
Room was clean, plenty of towels, iron and board. Good free internet. Front desk service was timely and welcoming. I did not get a timeshare pitch.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LoveToVacateMichigan
General Manager C, General Manager at Legacy Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for sharing this review, LTVM.

While I was pleased to learn our spacious 827 square-foot condo-style accommodation was a great fit for your expectations ... reading your nice words regarding our associates’ welcome was really appreciated!
We strive to go the extra mile every day, and truly appreciate hearing when our associates’ service levels exceed our customers’ expectations.

Please come visit us again!

Best,

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My son, husband and I put together a last minute golf trip to Legacy, and it far surpassed our expectations! Because of reading other reviews, we requested a 2nd floor unit (king bed and pull out sofa). We had absolutely no problem with noise, and the unit was clean, comfy and spacious.

This resort has an amazing golf performance center with state of the art technology and immaculate practice facilities, and we took lessons each day in addition to playing 18 holes. We were happy just to be playing golf in February, but we couldn't believe what a beautiful course this was!! It had the right combination of challenging holes and wide fairways, and the the course conditions, especially the greens, were impeccable.

A special note should be made about the great food, service and value in the clubhouse The prime rib special on Friday night was amazing, and we also enjoyed a delicious breakfast (how great that they serve breakfast until noon!) and lunch, too. As another review stated, there aren't restaurants and shopping immediately adjacent to the Resort, but with this kind of food available, you may not want to go somewhere else anyway!!

We look forward to going back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris B
General Manager C, General Manager at Legacy Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

I’m so pleased to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your stay at The Legacy, Chris! It’s always appreciated when someone takes time to let us know how we’re doing.

Your nice remarks are being shared with the managers from Golf and Food/Beverage – as well as their associates and the groundskeepers who strive to exceed our visitors’ expectations.

We’re so glad we could be a part of your good times, and look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed at the Legacy Golf Resort just one night while in Phoenix on a business trip, and it was lovely. It truly is a "golf resort" and not really a business traveler's hotel, hence the title of my review. My room was huge, very clean, and had an updated bathroom with high-end all-natural soaps and shampoos available. There was a full kitchen and small living area in the unit, but I was only here the one night, and ate both dinner and breakfast at the clubhouse dining room. Dinner was just ok. Breakfast was great and very enjoyable to eat outside on the patio. I would definitely stay here again if ever in the Phoenix area.

Room Tip: If you don't want to have to drive to breakfast, ask for a room close to the clubhouse, as this...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
General Manager C, General Manager at Legacy Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for your nice review, Karen!

I’m delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your condo – including our new earth-friendly amenities.
Experiencing a great breakfast out on the restaurant’s patio – overlooking our picturesque golf course and mountains can be wonderfully indulgent. We’re so glad you were able to partake!

Should your future schedule – be it business or personal – bring you to Arizona again, we’d love the opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in a king studio that was gigantic probably 20 x 40 ft. It had a king bed with pull out sofa and mini kitchen facilities. It also had a mini patio/balcony. The pool is quite large with towels provided poolside. Lots of lounge chairs. We ate at the clubhouse restaurant with quite reasonably prices. The grounds are nice with a lovely golf course and pro shop. The only unfortunate aspect is the property is in a light industrial location so there are no shops, restaurants adjacent. You have to use your car and travel several miles before you are out of that industrial park. If you like to stay at the resort or are only there for a few days its great. We do not golf so that also makes a difference. The unit was well furnished and very clean, with comfy bed.

Room Tip: Ask for golf course view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ddn

Thank you, DDN ..... your feedback is wonderfully thorough! Knowing that many travelers consult TripAdvisor before finalizing their plans, I’m most appreciative of your candor.

It was really nice to learn that your studio accommodations were a great fit ... and you found the bed so comfortable!
While our proximity to downtown Phoenix and Sky Harbor International airport makes The Legacy an attractive choice for business travelers .... our on-site recreational activities and enthusiastic associates still reinforce a family-friendly atmosphere.

I really hope you’ll think of us on your next visit to the Valley of the Sun!

Resort Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Paradise Valley
Orange Tree Golf Resort
Orange Tree Golf Resort
#50 of 75 in Scottsdale

Been to Legacy Golf Resort? Share your experiences!