“Lovely place”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arizona
“Lovely place”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Beautiful room, nice pool, friendly and helpful staff. Everything you need for an enjoyable stay. Also clean we have stayed here a couple of times now and its always the same .......good. Its a bit out of the way and we are not golfers and I think thats what brings people there. The restaurant was ok.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UKVISIT
LegacyMgmtTeam, Manager at Legacy Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your review ... We're so happy you enjoyed your stay!

Actually, our on-site restaurant is about to debut its new menu offerings. We hopeyou will let us know your impressions when you have an opportunity to visit again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed at Legacy in May 2012 and May 2011 with 20 guys for a 5 day golf trip. As a one-stop destination, Legacy provides everything we want for a golf trip; well-designed and manicured course, accommodations, pool, restaurant, and lounge. The pool even has a bar so we spent a lot of time there, arranging our golf early in the day and then relaxing by the pool all afternoon. It's a 7-10 minute drive from the airport, has 2-bedroom/2 bathroom suites with kitchen, dining, and living rooms. The suites are arranged in groups of 16 (4 buildings with 4 suites in each) that have a courtyard in the middle of them, and we arranged for all of us to be in the same group. Check in was better in 2012 than 2011, but they still have issues splitting the cost of a two-bedroom between 2 guys - especially if they arrive on different days, even though one bedroom is a lock-off unit. Great course, enjoyed by everyone in our group and our hcps range from 0 to 18.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
What a great golfing tradition you've detailed, Kevin!
We're delighted you and your friends have elected to return each year, to enjoy The Legacy's championship course and amenities ... and hope to welcome you all again next Spring!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The grounds and outside appearance is very nice. When we got to our unit, it all fell apart. We had a lower unit. Both upper and lower units have jacuzzi tub. The upper unit occupant always came in at 10, 10:30 and 11:30 PM and took a bath from 30 minutes to 75 minutes. It was so loud it woke us up. We moved to the sleeper couch to get some sleep. Front desk was not helpful in changing rooms. The maintenance of the unit was poor, coffee pot didn't work, toaster only toasted one side of bread,refrigerator leaked, matteress was old and uncomfortable, floors were dirty, plumbing needed maintenance, in other words a whole renovation was in order. Not a good stay for us.

Room Tip: Always ask for an upper unit to avoid jacuzzi tub noise in the lower unit.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LegacyMgmtTeam, General Manager at Legacy Golf Resort, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Norb W.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations following your stay here at The Legacy. We were very disappointed to learn of these challenges; and are addressing each one with our management team.

We take pride in our cleanliness and attention to detail, but in your case it appears we were not performing up to resort standards. As such, we appreciate having the opportunity to speak with you personally in more detail, to ensure such a situation does not repeat itself!

Thank you again for your time.
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We actually stayed at the Legacy twice during our recent stay in Arizona – once for a 6 night stretch while in Phoenix, then again a week later for one night on the eve of flying back home after vacationing in Sedona.

The first 6 nights were quite good – the room is clean, well equipped and most importantly cool (it was 116 every day we were there!). We had a studio for the two of us and that is all you need if travelling alone or with one other. While the resort is in the middle of nowhere, it is an easy drive downtown, to Tempe, or wherever you might be going. For the price, this is a great hotel value.

Only real complaint I had is that walls are pretty thin and you can hear everything being talked about in the adjoining room, especially if the other party’s voices are at all elevated. This only lasted a couple of days, so it wasn’t that big a deal.

Our one night stay was disappointing. Earlier that same day, we managed to book the room at the same great rate as the week before and arrived at 3:00p to check in. Upon doing so, I was informed that “none of the rooms at that rate are available for another hour”, and that if I wanted to check in at 3:00p instead of 4:00p, I would have to take a golf course view upgrade and pay $10 more….really? I just spent 6 days here, gave them the business on my return night and they are reaching into my pocket for $10 because they supposedly didn’t have “my room” ready (keep in mind it’s August in Phoenix and the hotel is fractionally full and most maids have long gone home)…not the end of the world, but it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

To make matters worse, there was a party of some sort going on in the adjoining rooms and it was beyond loud well past the supposed 10:00p quiet time…a call to security was need to quiet the drunks around 12:30a...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LegacyMgmtTeam, General Manager at Legacy Golf Resort, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for taking time to leave us such a detailed review, and for taking time to speak with our Assistant General Manager, Kelli, regarding your experience.

We sincerely regret these unexpected challenges ~ particularly after such a positive beginning to your vacation! Your concerns are certainly legitimate and have been addressed with our Guest Services agents and supervisors. We constantly strive to provide 5-Star service and are sincerely concerned when we fall short of expectations.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again someday.
orange county, ca
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have stayed here a few times, so am familiar with the layout of the resort and rooms, etc. The rooms are great - kitchenette, sofa, and very roomy. But when I checked in I was first put in a room that is the "smoking optional" building - I asked for a different building because I have been booked in there before and don't care for the smell. I was put in a different building and informed two or three times that they usually charge an extra $20 for that building, but they would waive the fee. When I got to my room, there was no sugar/creamer packets for the coffee. Not a big deal - I called the front desk and they sent some out with housekeeping. The following evening when I arrived back at my room, it had not been serviced by housekeeping. Called the front desk and waited 5 minutes while they checked to see if my room is supposed to be serviced.....then they offered to send housekeeping out, but do I really want them cleaning the room while I am in it? No, I would have liked to come back to a made bed. Front desk was helpful, but I feel like all this was sub-par because I am a Hotwire customer. Hey, I may have paid less, but I did pay for a room - and in July in Phoenix, when hotels struggle to sell rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
LegacyMgmtTeam, Manager at Legacy Golf Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for sharing your observations regarding your recent stay.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the lapse in Housekeeping standards! The Legacy prides itself on providing clean, comfortable and sanitary accommodations. This was certainly not in keeping with our standards, and does not, in any way, reflect your having booked through Hotwire.com.

We have followed up with our staff, and will continue on-going training to ensure these lapses are not reported.

The Legacy team strives to exceed all of our guests' expectations; and we hope you will give us another opportunity to earn your business.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Set up was nice. Not in a good location but the course looked good. The weather was not good while I was there for a week. At checkin they told us that we would recieve a discount at the restaurant but on check out there was nothing. I would not go back. I could get nowhere with anyone who worked there. The furniture in the living room was terrible. You couldn't get comfortable unless you were one third my size of six feet.

Room Tip: Check it out first. It may not be worth what your paying.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Edward T
We sincerely regret that your stay was less than satisfactory!

Yes, restaurant discounts are afforded to those Shell members who present their owner's card at the time of service. If this was not the case, we invite you to call.
Phase #1 planned improvements do include new, comfortable sleeper sofas -- slated for delivery in October! In addition, new flat-screen televisions are being installed in many of our guest rooms. We are constantly looking to further our "home-away-from-home" reputation and welcome feedback!

We hope you will consider visiting us again when the weather cools, and perhaps enjoy a round of golf on our championship course!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This was my family's second trip to the resort in March (2012) for Spring Training games. Last year was fine, we shared a 2 bedroom unit (a studio plus an adjoining one bedroom) and the accommodations were nice and worked well for a total of 4 adults and 3 children. This year, the same reservation was made but when we checked into the room, we were given a regular studio that was attached to a 1 bedroom unit with NO SHOWER!!! When we asked to be moved as our family of 5 having to either take a bath go over to use my parents studio unit shower was not acceptable, we were told that it was not possible. Paul, the front desk manager stated he did not understand what was wrong with it and was very defensive and downright rude about it. He did not even have the common basic customer service skills to acknowledge that this was not an ideal situation. He stated he couldn't move us for several days (my parents were there for 2 weeks) so our entire portion of the stay was very disappointing. My husband and the kids went up to the pool/spa showers to get ready many times. (it was always an interesting conversation with other guests about our situation) The one bedroom's garden tub was supposed to be an accessible room, but unless someone brought a team of physical therapists to hoist them in and out of this very deep tub, I cannot imagine a handicapped person would be able to use this either. I think the worst part was our treatment by someone who clearly does not belong in the hospitality industry. We also left a message for the general manager who never returned the call. It is very interesting to note that my parents witnessed another family in a heated dispute with the front desk manager about the same issue later in their stay. They obviously do this often and maybe that is why he was so rude about it. The property in general is very nice, but so are many others and it is not worth your vacation money to be treated like that. We will be looking elsewhere next year!

Room Tip: Ask for a regular (non-accessible) room if you want to take a chance on this place.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DGB1991
LegacyMgmtTeam, Executive Assistant at Legacy Golf Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
We were disappointed to learn that your stay was less than satisfactory. Thank you for bringing these challenges to our attention.

Unfortunately, we do not have any record of your attempt to speak with our General Manager -- whose practice it is to immediately respond to all guests’ inquiries . The Legacy's entire staff is trained to take immediate steps to resolve any challenges; and we sincerely regret that due to occupancy levels, we were unable to accommodate your request.

If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail, we invite you to call our General Manager, Michele A. Caminidi, directly at #602.305.5510.

Myra Guca, Executive Assistant, CTA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Desert Ridge
Paradise Valley
Orange Tree Golf Resort
Orange Tree Golf Resort
#51 of 75 in Scottsdale

Been to Legacy Golf Resort? Share your experiences!