“Comfortable hotel and convenient location”

Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore
Ranked #15 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference just around the corner. It had been recently redone and was just celebrating its reopening as a Hampton Inn. The staff was friendly and helpful; my room was comfortable; the breakfast was a cut above the standard continental fare with a variety of hot items and a Belgian waffle maker. It had a limited bar at night, but they offered free wine and beer the nights I was there and the outdoor fire pit as nice. Loved the airport shuttle (I called as the plane landed and they arrived within ten minutes of my arrival at the curb.) The shuttle was also available to take you anywhere within about a three mile radius of the hotel for free--and pick you up if needed. There's a gym in the basement that is small but completely adequate for a quick morning workout. It was a little chilly for the outside pool or hot tub, but they did look inviting. I really didn't have any complaints.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

shootslowe,
We're delighted to hear from you. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Hampton Inn, and I'm glad you had a nice, pleasant visit. The outdoor fire pit is a wonderful place to relax, so I'm glad you were able to enjoy it. I'm pleased to know that our complimentary shuttle service was especially helpful for you. We're glad you liked our hotel and invite you to join us again the next time you visit Phoenix. Safe travels.
Kevin Barbour

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I only write this to save one person from experiencing what I experienced...find another hotel. First, the front desk was very rude, you know answering thir cell phone and front desk phone interruptions while I am standing at the desk. I was given my key and headed up to 3rd floor. Within 20 minutes, I had a hedache from the drills and remodeling across the hall. Yes, there was remodeling on my same floor. I listened to it all afternoon and also dealt with the water being turned off the next day. Too bad the unfriendly front desk forgot to mention this info. I needed to meet a business partner but ther was no place to sit...no lobby, no room to use. I contacted the front desk and they said the manager would call me. Didn't happen. I ended up finding Ritz Carlton bar and their lobby. (Too bad they were booked ...otherwise I would have been there!) I sent an email to the manager and never heard a thing...while I was still staying at the hotel. I overpaid, and was under-served. By the way, the pictures DID NOT reflect the hotel and ammenities! Pictures of a bar area...nowhere to be found. But they did have a keg at the front desk? Weird.

Room Tip: Spa??? Breakfast?? HA, the breakfast was in a conference room and it was chaos. Thank goodness for S...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank veronicat67
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear veronicat67:
Thank you for the opportunity to respond to this. I regret terribly that you had a less than desirable experience. I was a bit confused when reading this, until I noticed that you actually stayed with us back in the fall prior to our conversion as a Hampton Inn. During the process of rebranding there was some work that was required, and it sounds like you unfortunately were here during one of those times. That certainly is not what you would experience today. I would love to have you come back and experience the hotel as it is today. We have three meeting spaces available, a beautiful engaging lobby/lounge, and an attentive staff. I would loved to have spoken to you about this earlier and would welcome the opportunity to still do so if you would kindly contact me offline. By the way, the website for the hotel does show all of the updated renovations. I certainly hope you will give us another chance as the current Hampton Inn.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is my second time here and I plan to return. Their customer service is great, the rooms are spacious and always clean. The breakfast buffet and evening snacks are good and I love the disposable earbuds in the gym!

• Stayed: January 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Fransen68,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and letting us know of your pleasant stay with us at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore. We're glad you like our hotel and feel well taken care of by our staff. I'm glad you love the disposable earbuds too! Should your travels bring you back to Phoenix, please stop and visit us again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I really hate to write negative reviews but I feel like I have to give this one the honest truth. Let me start by saying, this is a nicely maintained hotel in a nice area. I stayed here for a week on business and enjoyed the free parking, free breakfast, easy access, free wi-fi and gym.

Those amenities did not disappoint for what I have come to expect out of a Hampton. The staff were very friendly and I did not experience any problems with the service. The gym was adequate for my needs and had several cardio and weight options. Breakfast varied a little each morning which helps when you're staying multiple nights.

My biggest complaints are with my room and I realize I may be overly picky. I chose to stay in a 2 room suit so I didn't feel cramped for a week long stay. While the space is nice, the bathroom is as far as it could possibly be from the bed. Which means late night trips to the restroom are a slight annoyance for unfamiliar areas without turning on the lights and/or bumping into things. I found the sheets/bedding to be very stiff and scratchy, not anything like I've experienced at other Hampton's. My biggest issue - the AC units are SO loud that they woke me nearly every time they cycled on and if it wasn't the AC waking me it was the sound of the elevator shaft which was the wall directly behind the headboard moving from floor to floor. I realize this could be fixed with a room change, just my experience this stay. Lastly, the curtains are not really blackout. That complaint is slightly petty and probably exaggerated by me being woken up multiple times a night from other noises. If you are a more sound sleeper than me and don't wake in the night to use the restroom then you are likely good to go.

Unfortunately, the AC noise is a deal breaker for me. I would not stay here again due to the lack of sleep I received during my stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

XBG531,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience with us at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore. We appreciate your business, and we're glad to have had you as our guest for an entire week. I apologize for the a/c unit keeping you from getting a good night's sleep. It is unfortunate that we weren't notified of this early in your visit so we could have moved you to another room. Your feedback is important to me so I'm glad to receive your comments. Thanks again.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Simply lovely. Room was impeccably dressed and clean. Comfort was marvelous. Continental breakfast was best we've experienced in our travels. Service was terrific and hotel, in general, was groomed to perfection. Of the many choices in Phoenix and area, we would choose this Hampton Inn over all others. The BEST!

Room Tip: Really have no experience in this category. Our room was excellent in every way.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Mary G,
We're delighted to hear from you and learn of your pleasant stay with us. I'm pleased to know that you found our rooms clean and comfortable as well as our breakfast buffet delicious and one of the best! We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you'll come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

What makes this hotel so great is the front desk staff and the shuttle drivers. I stayed here 4 nights, The hotel is very clean bed so comfortable and a great shower. The breakfast was good but same as any other Hampton. They have a fire pit to sit out side by the pool. The Biltmore Fashion Mall is 5 minutes away with many restaurants and shopping,The Wrigley Mansion and the Heard museum are also close by. They have shuttle service to the Sky harbor airport which is 7 miles from the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bridgetpianos
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Bridgetpianos,
Thank you for your kind review. We're very glad to have had you as our guest at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore. It thrills me to hear that you were well taken care of by our front desk and drivers. I am proud to have them as part of out team. I'm glad you had a nice, comfortable stay as well. I hope you had a good time traveling about town and visiting all of the great sites! We hope you'll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our family recently stayed four nights at the Hampton Phoenix-Biltmore. We could not have been more pleased with our stay. The room was extremely clean and we loved that the duvet coveres are fresh for each stay. The staff was very accomodating. The location was very convienent to the area attractions. My family enjoyed the hot breakfast everyday in the recently remodeled breakfast room. If we return to the area again on vacation, we would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Ann O,
Thank you for your kind review. We're delighted to have had you and your family stay with us at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore. We're pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your visit and felt comfortable and well taken care of by our staff. I'm pleased you liked our newly remodeled breakfast room and enjoyed having breakfast together as a family. We surely hope to have you all back again for another exceptional visit.
Kevin Barbour

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Paradise Valley
Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale
Hilton Phoenix Airport
#12 of 174 in Phoenix
Central City
Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix

Been to Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore? Share your experiences!