“A very nice hotel”

Ranked #13 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
new jersey
“A very nice hotel”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

What makes this hotel so great is the front desk staff and the shuttle drivers. I stayed here 4 nights, The hotel is very clean bed so comfortable and a great shower. The breakfast was good but same as any other Hampton. They have a fire pit to sit out side by the pool. The Biltmore Fashion Mall is 5 minutes away with many restaurants and shopping,The Wrigley Mansion and the Heard museum are also close by. They have shuttle service to the Sky harbor airport which is 7 miles from the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bridgetpianos
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Bridgetpianos,
Thank you for your kind review. We're very glad to have had you as our guest at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore. It thrills me to hear that you were well taken care of by our front desk and drivers. I am proud to have them as part of out team. I'm glad you had a nice, comfortable stay as well. I hope you had a good time traveling about town and visiting all of the great sites! We hope you'll visit us again soon. Thanks again.
Kevin Barbour, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Milwaukee
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our family recently stayed four nights at the Hampton Phoenix-Biltmore. We could not have been more pleased with our stay. The room was extremely clean and we loved that the duvet coveres are fresh for each stay. The staff was very accomodating. The location was very convienent to the area attractions. My family enjoyed the hot breakfast everyday in the recently remodeled breakfast room. If we return to the area again on vacation, we would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Ann O,
Thank you for your kind review. We're delighted to have had you and your family stay with us at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore. We're pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your visit and felt comfortable and well taken care of by our staff. I'm pleased you liked our newly remodeled breakfast room and enjoyed having breakfast together as a family. We surely hope to have you all back again for another exceptional visit.
Kevin Barbour
West Valley City, Utah
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel. I have no complaints about the staff or the stay. As a matter of fact our stay was excellent. It is the service I have been receiving after the fact that is very disappointing. I was charged twice for a one night stay. It has now been ten days and I still have received no refund, even though I have proved they over charged me. I have made numerous phone calls and have been assured that I would see the refund in my account. They now have stopped taking my calls and will not return any phone messages that I leave. Very disappointing customer service. I make several trips to the Phoenix area each year, I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I echo what the reviewer " Great Value" said. Modern, functional room. I would even like to add that they make it a point to let you know that the comforters are clean and you can actually use them instead of throwing them on the floor like if you were at the Westin.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Qiitxx
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Qiitxx,
Thank you for staying with us at Hampton Inn Phoenix Biltmore. We appreciate your kind review and compliments. Please plan to visit us again the next time you visit Phoenix.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Highland Hotel is now a Hampton Inn. Recently updated and remodeled, this hotel offers an outstanding value in the fashionable Biltmore area along Highland Ave. near Camelback. The rooms have an efficient and modern layout and offer flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Furnishings and bedding are comfortable and stylish.

• Stayed November 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Don1947,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to have had you as our guest, and glad you enjoyed our newly renovated Hampton Inn! We hope to see you again as we continue to provide the best service and most comfortable hotel in Phoenix.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here in late October 2012 and had a great stay. The room was clean, comfortable, a good size and had great amenities. It was nice spending some time by the pool too relaxing during the day.

The staff were are really helpful and friendly. They let us check in early, arranged late check out, helped us find our way on the bus to Scottsdale and suggested some really good local restaurants(of which I really recommend Hillstone).

The breakfast was nice, we were there during the re-model so were in a bit of a makeshift room but it was no problem. There were some nosy moments with work getting but this will all be temporary.

My only slight criticism would be with breakfast however. We were told that it was served from 6:30am. We had a day trip to Tombstone leaving one morning at 7am so hoped to get breakfast first but it wasn't ready or laid out until around 6:50. So we had to eat very quickly and take our coffee on the bus. It wasn't that big a deal as we got breakfast in time but it would have been nice to eat it at a more sensible pace.

All in all though this didn't detract too much and I can recommend the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin M,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us, and we're particularly glad the temporary remodeling was not a great bother to you. The remodel is now finished and we have converted entirely to Hampton Inn Phoenix Biltmore. We have great expectations of our new hotel, so please make plans to visit us again. We hope to dazzle you with the new look and feel. In addition, Our breakfast is now open 6-10 seven days a week!
wjack
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at Hotel Highland before and enjoyed my visit. This trip was no exception. The hotel is under construction. Many of the rooms are being remodeled (bathrooms updated with large showers instead of tubs) and the lounge was also closed for remodeling. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms and large and well appointed; however they do have small closets and limited drawer space. They also have very, very slow internet. The beds are very comfortable (at least the one we had). Room service was efficient. The breakfast is lacking, but perhaps that was because the lounge where it is normally served was being remodeled. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your perspective this hotel is becoming a Hampton Inn in November. The old sign came down while we were there. I don't know how this will impact the property. Only time will tell.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
wjack,
Thank you for your review. We're very glad to hear that you're a regular customer and enjoy visiting our wonderful hotel. I think you will really like the great changes we're making and the Hampton Inn brand will prove to be as excellent as always. We recently had our IT crew in and they installed lightening speed internet you'll be very glad to use. We're very excited about our renovations and hope you'll plan to visit us again to experience all of our new and upgraded changes. We look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Paradise Valley
Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale
Central City
Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix
Deer Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley

Been to Hampton Inn Phoenix-Biltmore? Share your experiences!