“We liked it”

Ranked #57 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Fort Worth
“We liked it”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We had a very short stay here, so I don't have much to say. We checked in late and checked out early. If you need a luggage cart, they don't keep them by the front door, so that can be difficult to find. I also did not like the "courtyard" design. I never thought about it before, but I guess that's where they get their name. It makes it difficult to get to your room. We had to find the elevator and then walk around the perimeter on our floor looking for our room. Those are just personal gripes, but they may help you. The room was very clean. The staff was very nice. We did not visit the dining area or the fitness areas. I would go back again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed here in May and in June.
It is VERY convenient to the airport. The shuttle is really nice and runs every 30 minutes or at your request. They will even drive you over to Scottsdale and some shopping sites.
The staff members, particularly Tony Weaver, was exceptional in his effort to make you feel at ease.
They have a nice selection of breakfasts and sandwiches at their bistro.
While this is not a 'full service' Marriott, I really did love the location and the staff.
Rooms were super!

Room Tip: Fourth Floor is great.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Dana Point, California
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I booked this hotel for the night before my overseas flight, which was comprised of 14 hours of flying time and two stopovers. I took the hotel's shuttle, which leaves every half hour in the morning, to the airport the next morning. That is a convenient service. I have no complaints about the room, which was completely satisfactory, or the breakfast was good. However, I barely slept at all, which was extremely distressing. My room was on the north side of the building in the rear that faces the merger of the 10 and 202 freeways, which happens to be on a curve. The noise was loud and non-stop all through the night. I don't know how less noisy the rooms facing south would be, but if sleep is important to you, at least insist on room that doesn't face the freeway. I have booked a different hotel prior to a trip I'm taking in July with hopes of a better night's sleep.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not face the freeway.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank travelingbarb2-2
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed March 26, 2011

I have stayed at pretty much all the PHX airport hotelsand I think this is my favorite. The lobby has been remodeled and now includes a restaurant. Food quality is about what you would expect. Breakfast is quite good. No room service. The rate is reasonable and the rooms are clean. It's much quieter than neighboring hotels and feels cleaner to me in general. The gym is quite small, which is my only critique. Some of the AC units are a bit loud but most are fine. Free Internet for Platinums. Maybe lower status too? The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. They shuttle me back and forth to the office, airport, and Mill Ave restaurants for free and with very little wait. A very comfortable business traveler hotel. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Edmond, OK
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Why oh why does it seem impossible for the hospitality industry to understand that their pathetic excuse for "broadband" internet is unacceptable to business travelers? What does a techie do first thing after checking in? Fire up his or her laptop and start working, of course. When the property's internet speed is sorely lacking, it doesn't matter how nice the LCD television is or how comfortable the bedding is or how fresh and sparkling clean the bathroom is. It just sets everything off on the wrong foot. See my attached photo to understand just how painfully lacking the speed is at Courtyard Phoenix Airport.

So Courtyard, here are a couple of tips. Stop embarrassing yourself by labeling anything under 1Mb/s as "broadband". Secondly, spend the money to provision REAL network infrastructure instead of trying to cheap-out by letting data ride piggy-back on your aging voice lines. When your guest's CELL PHONE is 3x faster than your supposed "broadband" internet, you've proven yourselves to be truly clueless.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank hpdp
, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on our internet services at the Phoenix Airport Courtyard by Marriott. I am deeply sorry that you found this amenity to be inadequate for your needs while staying at our hotel.

We realize that the way our guests use broadband internet services at our facilities is evolving at a rapid pace. We have committed to keeping pace with these consumer trends moving forward and have recently signed an agreement to significantly increase the bandwidth that is available to our guests. This upgrade should be installed in the coming weeks, so we hope that your experience will improive greatly should you stay with us in the future.

Thank you once again for your feedback!
Northboro, MA
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Having had some bad experiences at hotels near the Phoenix airport I was a bit hesitant to book here for a nearby conference, but having had pretty good luck with Marriotts I took the plunge.

All in all a very satisfying stay. Wanting to get to bed early and not drive the three or four miles to other places to eat I enjoyed the Bistro bar a couple of nights. The server was great, the limited menu produced surprisingly good food at an extremely modest price and the drinks hit the spot. My room was clean and the free wi-fi worked perfectly. My only quibble is that they stuck a vacuum in the very nice pool for a couple of hours every morning, making it difficult to swim because the service person was not around to remove it and when I did I was told I could have damaged it. When a pool is advertised as open for specific hours it should be, particularly since some of us road warriors need to get good exercise regularly. Unfortunately, this hotel is not alone in this practice. Again, a quibble.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel was so clean and they had computers in the lobby that the kids could play on. There was an WI also. We were picked up at the airport within 20 minutes of landing and they took us to meet our friends for dinner. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family