“Dirty room!”

Ranked #113 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Racine, Wisconsin
“Dirty room!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were really dirty! From the cigarette burns in the blankets, hair in the shower, cigarette smoke in the non smoking room, dirty silverware, 40 minutes to check in-not a place I would recommend.
Staff doesn't talk to each other. Made a promise to move my supervisor to a student room and then didn't fulfill the promise. Let's not forget the stains on the sheets and the random hairs on the "clean" towels.

PS. Hope you enjoy the smell of Indian food.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Sbenner17
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room was unclean upon arrival. To prevent this from happening again, my team is inspecting every room more thoroughly prior to check-in moving forward. As well, I apologize that our staff did not move a member of your group as requested. Please know, I am speaking to them about this issue and will ensure it does not happen again.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at phx@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I enjoyed the hospitality of this place especially from the manager Tammy and Taylor who made sure my stay was more than comfortable. Kudos to both of them. I will highly recommend this place to my
associates. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Regina - Thank you for such a positive review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you think highly of our staff, especially Tammy and Taylor. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel is a great choice for any purpose of trip. The room was clean, spacious and homey with a kitchenette, bathroom, dining room, recliner, the works. The front desk staff member was kind, courteous and very helpful as well. It is very close to the airport but not so close that you are hearing airplanes all the time. It's in a very safe area as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for any purpose as it would suit anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room, especially the kitchen, and our staff's great service. As well, it is great to know that our location was convenient for your needs. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
NEWARK
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is definitely a place I would recommend for stay. Check in went well, my room was clean and I even recieved a complimentary upgrade to a king sized bed. Once I got to the room I recieved a call from the desk making sure the room was up to standard. I will look for extend your stay from now on when I travel.

Room Tip: When I got to the room there was no remote for the television this was taken care of in a snap by th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank JERRY S
Jerry - Thank you for your exceptional review of our property. I'm thrilled that you had a smooth check-in experience and enjoyed the complimentary upgrade our staff provided. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to having you return in the future!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Ok so I booked the room through Priceline for two nights, pre-paid! I checked in with no problems, it was late! I went to sleep, no company over. no Problems occurred until; I woke up in the morning, I called the front desk to make sure they had my registration for the second day, they said they did, then we hung up. 5 mins later I get a call from the front desk she says she only has me registered for 1 room but She has two rooms that are in my name so was I just staying 1 more night in 1 room or extending 1 more night for both rooms? I told her I am all alone I don't have two rooms.. Why do You have another room under my name??? she said she would fix it. about 10 mins later I get a call from a different girl. she said I am sorry to inform you but We can Not allow You to stay another night in Our hotel. I said excuse Me, but what have I done? she then say's well the phone number You provided Us is connected to an escort company!!! I said are You serious right now? I just received my new phone & plan as a gift from my aunt, & Uncle for Christmas! How am I to know a new number I just got was an old escort #? I then start crying & tell her she is more then welcome to come to my room & check it out or whatever she wants to prove I am NOT AN ESCORT! She said None of that will do anything & I needed to check out ASAP! I have Never felt so disrespected.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank yeaitsrapino

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Nagano, Japan
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I really can NOT recommend this hotel. It took me quite an effort to convince the girl on the reception to give me the room a few minutes before 15:00 which is the check inn time, and she was not very nice. and she was in hurry to leave, since it was the end of her shift. She very much ignored me when I talked to her and only after addressing her a few times, she had answered to me, but not too nicely... Shower in the room was leaking and basically you are lucky to find someone in the lobby to talk to... You better find another hotel in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Shlomi T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am so disappointed that you felt ignored while trying to check in and the unavailability of our staff when you needed them. Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to my team to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would like to speak with you further. Please contact me directly, at phx@extendedstay.com.
Tucson
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was my first experience choosing to stay at ESA. After looking at several reviews, I took a chance and stayed at this location. Half of my stay was to be paid by my employer and the other half was leisure and that portion was a personal expense. I was expecting a promo discount applied to my personal card upon checkout which I have yet to see. I have attempted to reach management but no one responds to my calls nor numerous emails. To my surprise, the credit (more than what was expected) was applied; however, it was extended to my employer's credit card instead of my personal credit card (contrary to my specific instructions). The arranagements prior to check-in were clearly given; however, when I checked in and checked out (checking out took far longer than it needed to), the issues were not resolved. I have yet to hear back from a manager. This was very disappointing. Other than lack of resolution and response from a billing standpoint, the property appearance was "ok", the room was "ok" (standard, clean & clean linens/towels) and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Marti_David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Econo Lodge Airport
#82 of 174 in Phoenix
South Mountain
Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Airport (University Drive)
Sleep Inn Airport
#111 of 174 in Phoenix
South Mountain
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport? Share your experiences!