Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Phoenix Airport
Ranked #30 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Apple Valley, California
“Smelly Room!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We arrived and when I entered the room the smell of cigarette smoke knocked me over. I called the front desk immediately and told them of the smell. I asked if they gave me a smoking room in error. I was informed the entire hotel is non-smoking. I requested another room and was told the Hotel was pretty booked & they didn't have another room to offer me. I then had to ask for some sort of air freshener. The front desk person acted a little confused but then asked if it would be ok if the "Shuttle Driver" could bring some up to me. The driver came up right away and handed me a big bottle of room freshener. It didn't work but we were stuck as it was the weekend of the BWW Bowl Game. Our friends stayed in the room next to ours and their room did not smell. Beds are comfortable here, it's in close proximity to ASU & the Airport. They offer a Shuttle to & from the Airport 24 hrs a day. So not a bad place to stay. Just very disappointed.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cruzanrumgirl
FFI-PHX-GM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear AngieandJoe,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay using TripAdvisor. I am very sorry to hear you experienced an issue with your guest room. I understand your concern regarding room odor, and we go to great lengths to ensure our rooms are neutral in odor without using pungent air fresheners. It appears, however, as though there may have been an undetected residual odor from a previous guest and I sincerely apologize for this issue.

I would greatly appreciate any additional information you would be willing to provide regarding your stay, particularly the room in which you stayed, so we can follow up on this issue and ensure it is resolved. Please contact me at ffi.phxfa.gm@marriott.com at your earliest convenience and I will be more than happy to follow up with you regarding this issue.

Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you at our hotel again soon.

Warm Regards,
Timothy O'Regan
Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

The room was very clean, check in smooth, and the staff was courteous & helpful. Breakfast was simple, with kid friendly options. The shuttle service worked perfectly, & runs on the 15 & 45 of the hour. Overall, a great value with the park & fly option.

Stayed December 2013
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for choosing our hotel. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Milwaukee WI
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night after arriving to phoenix from Chicago. The hotel is OK but very worn out. We had to be moved to another room after our key wouldn't open the door of our original room. It took 3 times if going back to the lobby before they gave us another room,kind of irritating. The room was OK but everything was old and needed updating. The breakfast wasn't very good and the coffee was swill. I think there has to be a better choice of hotels near the airport.

• Stayed December 2013
FFI-PHX-GM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share details about your experience on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my apologies for the difficulties you experienced with your room key upon arrival. I understand how frustrating it can be when you have to go back to the front desk due to key difficulties and we strive to keep our hotel locks in working order. I am very sorry your particular lock was experiencing some problems during your stay.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport has recently undergone an extensive $1.3 million renovation. We replaced all of our guest room furniture, bedding, lighting, lobby furniture, breakfast room fixtures, carpet, wall vinyl, doors, bathtubs, and just about anything else we could think of! I am concerned you feel the property looks old and needs updating and would love to speak to you personally about specific examples so we can further evaluate the need to improve our property.

I welcome your comments and invite you to contact me directly at ffi.phxfa.gm@marriott.com to share any additional information. We truly care about what our guests have to say and hope to use your comments to further improve our hotel.

Thanks for your business and we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed for only one night. When we arrived the bathroom had hair all over the floor and shower and no toilet paper. We called the front desk, who called housekeeping. Housekeeping arrived and basically I was told that she was blind, she didn't really speak English, so she couldn't see the hair in the bathroom. I can appreciate hiring people with disabilities but to clean a guests room seems like the wrong place for a person with bad vision. I had to call 3 or 4 times to the front desk to get a crib. We accidentally left our child's blanket there, and it has still not been found. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Terri K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our hotel.

I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced as a result of your guest room not being cleaned according to our high standards. While we do pride ourselves in hiring people with disabilities, we also employ a housekeeping supervisor to inspect rooms after they have been cleaned to ensure issues like the one you experienced do not occur. Unfortunately, in this instance it appears as though the inspector did not inspect your room before it was released to the front desk to be assigned to a new guest. Please accept my apologies for our failure to provide a room that's clean, fresh, and reflects the highest quality standards for which Marriott is known.

Please contact me directly at ffi.phxfa.gm@marriott.com regarding your child's blanket. Regretfully this forum does not provide me with enough information to research a missing item, as it does not provide your full name or the dates on which you stayed. At first glance of our lost and found log, I do not see a blanket listed as found, but I would be more than happy to research the item in greater detail once I receive your information.

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel. I look forward to hearing from you soon and hope to welcome you as our guest again in the future.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Overall, it's a Fairfield near a major airport. The hotel was clean and the staff was attentive. I stayed when it was a windy night in Phoenix so the Direct TV was have considerable difficulty picking up a signal. Breakfast included the typical item including sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles, cereal, muffins, bagels, and toast. It is near a major highway, and I heard a good amount of traffic during the middle of the night. Overall, I'd consider staying again, but not for more than a night. There didn't look to be a lot of eating options in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the interstate as possible to reduce the amount of noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The staff at this hotel were amazing. I cannot say enough great things about them. They were polite, courteous, and just made me feel appreciated. The shuttle to the airport runs every 30 minutes and when it was not running to the airport, drove me to a local restaurant. They are all very professional. ...Also the room was great, very clean. The breakfast is good (pretty much the same at all Fairfield Inns) and the internet was easy to connect to and fast. All around a fantastic experience. I will definitely stay here again when my plans include an early flight from PHX.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jhart687
Thank you very much for sharing your kind words with us! Our staff loves to make our guests feel at home, and comments such as yours let us know our efforts are doing the job.

We appreciate you choosing our hotel and hope to see you as our guest again soon!

Front Royal, Virginia
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Its a Fairfield so that should be a good indicator also its considered an airport hotel so that is the other indicator. I must say though that the customer service was friendly and inviting. Bri was working the front desk and went out of her way to accommodate. The room was clean except the shower (but Marriott seems to have a continuous issue with this). It was quite not a lot of people though a group of kids did go running through the halls screaming once. It is very close to the airport and the hotels shuttle service runs 24 hours a day on the 15 and 45. The drive to the airport was only 10 minutes or so. All in all it was one of my better experience with a Marriott hotel and if I travel to Phoenix again for business I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business