“Its an airport Fairfield”

Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Phoenix Airport
Ranked #28 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Its a Fairfield so that should be a good indicator also its considered an airport hotel so that is the other indicator. I must say though that the customer service was friendly and inviting. Bri was working the front desk and went out of her way to accommodate. The room was clean except the shower (but Marriott seems to have a continuous issue with this). It was quite not a lot of people though a group of kids did go running through the halls screaming once. It is very close to the airport and the hotels shuttle service runs 24 hours a day on the 15 and 45. The drive to the airport was only 10 minutes or so. All in all it was one of my better experience with a Marriott hotel and if I travel to Phoenix again for business I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed four nights and they still charged to leave the car two nights while I was on a trip. There are better hotels on the same street (Sleep Inn for example). Rooms are typical Fairfield but all use an indoor hallway. Breakfast selection is good.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
FFI-PHX-GM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear RaymePrescott,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix. We truly appreciate your comments and value your opinion.

While we are not an off-airport parking facility, we do offer our Park Here, Fly There Package which includes up to 14 days of long-term airport parking with a paid stay on the package rate. Our Park Here, Fly There Package is priced only $10 to $20 more than our regular daily rate and includes an overnight stay in one of our newly renovated guest rooms or suites, complimentary hot breakfast, airport transportation to and from Sky Harbor Airport, and up to 14 days of parking for no additional charge. When compared to traditional long-term airport parking prices of $7 to $10 per day, it adds up to a considerable savings for our guests who want to skip the hassle of long-term parking lots and save money at the same time.

I welcome the opportunity to review your hotel folio to ensure you were not charged incorrectly or unfairly for your four-night stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at ffi.phxfa.gm@marriott.com with the details of your stay and I will be happy to share my findings with you.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs while in Phoenix. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you to our hotel again in the near future.

Tim O'Regan
Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed here before catching an early morning flight on our way out of town. The room was extremely clean... everything was in great shape and looked brand new!
As a breastfeeding mom, I had to have frozen ice packs to travel with breastmilk over our flights. While the mini-fridge in the room did not have a freezer section, the staff placed my ice packs in a freezer for me. (Unfortunately the freezer goes through a defrost cycle overnight and they did not freeze entirely, but likely an honest mistake. Just be aware if you need something stored in a freezer during your stay.)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed at the hotel after driving 16 hours and reached late at 10 PM. We had an early morning flight back home at 7 AM. When we got to the room it smelt of something rotten. We were dead tired and called up the hotel desk. They said we could change the room. This was after we had unpacked some stuff and one of us was in shower. I declined saying I rather sleep with the windowns open if changing the room at 10.30 was the only option.

We also left a detailed feedback form in the room complaining about this.

Next I filled in the online survey and the hotel manager sent me an email that there were no records of us lodging a complain and as such he could not offer me any compensation other than a small apology.

This is just bad customer service. The room in the first place should NOT HAVE BEEN rented out.

It was smelly and disgusting.

This is the worst experience I have had at a Marriott.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
FFI-PHX-GM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear MM545,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay. We truly value your opinion and appreciate your business.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced as a guest of our hotel. We encourage our guests to notify us immediately should they find anything unsatisfactory with their room, and I understand you did just that. However, when an offer was made to immediately rectify the situation and provide you with a different room that may better suit your expectations, our offer was declined. You opted to stay in your original room and would not allow us the opportunity to ensure your satisfaction.

I understand your concern regarding room odor, and we go to great lengths to ensure our rooms are neutral in odor without using pungent air fresheners. We also understand that each individual may be sensitive to some smells more than others. While we are mindful that you found a particular odor in the room offensive, our team was unable to detect that odor upon our inspection of the room.

Please accept our heartfelt apologies and know that we are here to ensure your complete satisfaction while you are our guest. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Tim O'Regan

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed for a night at the beginning of August as I'd to catch an early morning flight. The courtesy shuttle was prompt in either direction. The room was neat, spacious, and comfortable. Though dining options were limited, the café in the neighbouring Courtyard property was adequate. Considering what I'd paid, this was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Clean and friendly - close to airport with free shuttle- would recommend. Close to ASU Nd to the highways. Pool was warm and breakfast was great. If you can stay here and you will not regret the trip to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel due to business. The staff seemed friendly at first. I booked one night then realized that I need to stay another night. I'm disabled and 200 miles from home, therefore staying another night was in my best interest.So at checkout time I went down to extend my stay another night. I actually spoke to the General Manager Tim at that time, a housekeeper was present asked if I need my room cleaned.I said towels,make bed,take out trash.I left & returned @ .My room was cleaned as a check out room.My $60 earring & very important paper work was gone!!! The staff took no responsibility to what happened.I did not even get an I'm sorry.I tried to talk to G.M.they said he is unavailable.I was told he would talk to me the next day.I even had to call the police!!While staff stood & watched.The staff said we don't have your things & we don't throw anything out.Then I said I want my things,we don't have them they said.The room was cleaned like a check-out room the staff is saying it was not. So unprofessional & shady.I took it to the top,Mr.Marriotts office.Still no satisfaction or an I'm sorry.We stand behind our G.M.he says & hung up on me.This is how Marriott treats it's reward members? I have never ever been treated this badly with no one being held accountable when they are clearly in the wrong.My family and friends will never stay @ a Marriott again.They don't seem to care, so sad.So staff members can steal from me, a guest. Staff lies about it,to cover it up and that is perfectly fine. No it's not fine.They make sure you don't take anything from the room,but the staff can steal from you? This is Marriott? I say boycott Marriott. So many other great hotel chains out there, that will treat you well as you should be treated. BOYCOTT MARRIOTT!

Room Tip: Choose NOT to stay here!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 225Kelly
FFI-PHX-GM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear 225Kelly,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced while a guest at our hotel. I understand how frustrating it can be when things go missing and I'm hopeful that your items will turn up soon.

Throughout the investigation of your missing items, we have been very cooperative with you and the Phoenix Police Department regarding the police report that was filed. After examining the guest room lock audit report, we determined there were no unauthorized entries to your guest room. The detective assigned to the case conducted a background check of our employee, checked pawn shops in the area for any related activity, and interviewed our management team. After conducting his investigation, he determined that there was no wrongdoing by the hotel or the housekeeper who cleaned your room and the case was closed.

As I had mentioned during our previous correspondence, the housekeeper who was assigned to clean your room has been in our employ since 2006, has passed a thorough background check, and has never given us reason not to trust him. He has been an exemplary employee who often receives positive feedback from our guests regarding his work.

As a reminder, safe deposit boxes are always available at our front desk at no charge and can be used to store valuables should our guests choose. While our hotel does not have issues with valuable items going missing from rooms, we always encourage our guests to exercise care and secure any valuable items that they may be uncomfortable leaving in the room.

Again, I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced while a guest at our hotel. We value your business and hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Timothy O'Regan