“Excellent value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed for a night at the beginning of August as I'd to catch an early morning flight. The courtesy shuttle was prompt in either direction. The room was neat, spacious, and comfortable. Though dining options were limited, the café in the neighbouring Courtyard property was adequate. Considering what I'd paid, this was perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Clean and friendly - close to airport with free shuttle- would recommend. Close to ASU Nd to the highways. Pool was warm and breakfast was great. If you can stay here and you will not regret the trip to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Snowflake, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel due to business. The staff seemed friendly at first. I booked one night then realized that I need to stay another night. I'm disabled and 200 miles from home, therefore staying another night was in my best interest.So at checkout time I went down to extend my stay another night. I actually spoke to the General Manager Tim at that time, a housekeeper was present asked if I need my room cleaned.I said towels,make bed,take out trash.I left & returned @ .My room was cleaned as a check out room.My $60 earring & very important paper work was gone!!! The staff took no responsibility to what happened.I did not even get an I'm sorry.I tried to talk to G.M.they said he is unavailable.I was told he would talk to me the next day.I even had to call the police!!While staff stood & watched.The staff said we don't have your things & we don't throw anything out.Then I said I want my things,we don't have them they said.The room was cleaned like a check-out room the staff is saying it was not. So unprofessional & shady.I took it to the top,Mr.Marriotts office.Still no satisfaction or an I'm sorry.We stand behind our G.M.he says & hung up on me.This is how Marriott treats it's reward members? I have never ever been treated this badly with no one being held accountable when they are clearly in the wrong.My family and friends will never stay @ a Marriott again.They don't seem to care, so sad.So staff members can steal from me, a guest. Staff lies about it,to cover it up and that is perfectly fine. No it's not fine.They make sure you don't take anything from the room,but the staff can steal from you? This is Marriott? I say boycott Marriott. So many other great hotel chains out there, that will treat you well as you should be treated. BOYCOTT MARRIOTT!

Room Tip: Choose NOT to stay here!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 225Kelly
FFI-PHX-GM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear 225Kelly,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced while a guest at our hotel. I understand how frustrating it can be when things go missing and I'm hopeful that your items will turn up soon.

Throughout the investigation of your missing items, we have been very cooperative with you and the Phoenix Police Department regarding the police report that was filed. After examining the guest room lock audit report, we determined there were no unauthorized entries to your guest room. The detective assigned to the case conducted a background check of our employee, checked pawn shops in the area for any related activity, and interviewed our management team. After conducting his investigation, he determined that there was no wrongdoing by the hotel or the housekeeper who cleaned your room and the case was closed.

As I had mentioned during our previous correspondence, the housekeeper who was assigned to clean your room has been in our employ since 2006, has passed a thorough background check, and has never given us reason not to trust him. He has been an exemplary employee who often receives positive feedback from our guests regarding his work.

As a reminder, safe deposit boxes are always available at our front desk at no charge and can be used to store valuables should our guests choose. While our hotel does not have issues with valuable items going missing from rooms, we always encourage our guests to exercise care and secure any valuable items that they may be uncomfortable leaving in the room.

Again, I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced while a guest at our hotel. We value your business and hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Warm Regards,

Timothy O'Regan
Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport
Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here on business. The hotel had everything I needed, large room, clean, laundry, easy access to highway, close to the airport, friendly staff, and a working iron.

The only thing I did not like fully was the shower. It worked fine but I did not like the shower curtain set-up. I prefer the standard tub/shower combo. But this was just a preference not a problem.

The hotel is close to the airport but I had no trouble with plane noise or highway noise.

I needed to be the office early so traffic was not a problem. You may find the highways crowded if you leave later in the day.

The pool is very basic but it was very quiet and nice to lay out for 10 minutes in the evening.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here one night after missing our connecting flight. The place is very clean, with a nice sized bathroom and comfortable beds. The hotel staff members were quite helpful and kind even though we arrived quite late, and they have a free shuttle to and from the airport. There is no bar at this hotel, but the Hilton is quite close (within walking distance) with a very nice bar in case you need a drink as we did after the stress of starting vacation by having flights delayed and canceled! There was also a great breakfast in the morning with many healthy choices. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hartsdale, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were arriving in Phoenix after 10 p.m. so I booked this place because it was near the airport and for a good price. Check in was efficient. The room was fine, beds comfortable, breakfast adequate in the morning. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you are looking for clean comfortable rooms that are close to the airport this hotel will suit your needs. It looks like it has been renovated fairly recently so it is in good shape. My check-in was efficient, but I was up early and the breakfast hostess and front desk were having a great time laughing and playing around before management arrived. If I had a one night stay and wanted to be close to the airport I would choose this location again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business