“Don't stay here!”

Sterling International Hotels
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phoenix
Sterling International Hotels
Ranked #156 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed January 17, 2007

I booked this room because there was a sporting event in Phoenix which caused there to be nothing else available. Boy, was I sorry! I should've come the next day, when the event was over and I could've chosen another hotel. By the way, they term it a hotel, but it's actually a cheesy motel!

I checked in and discovered that my room was filthy--the carpet was so gross I wouldn't take my socks off and I wrote my name in the dust on the table! Get this straight--my home is not so clean, as I have 4 dogs and 6 cats, and I was disgusted by this motel!

There was no welcoming literature of any kind (what to do and where to eat in Phoenix, welcome to our hotel, etc), no Internet service, no remote for the TV, and no speakers in the TV! There was an ironing board, but no iron. I had to visit the office twice to obtain one.

Speaking of the office, the three young girls I encountered there were all wearing hooded sweatshirts (one of which was visibly dirty with holes in it)--very unprofessional! To top off my stay, my card was charged twice for one night!

I realize that the $50 per night (I only stayed one night--I got the heck out of there) was dirt cheap for Phoenix, but they could give this place a little more effort and improve it dramatically.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jwapp

Reviewed August 10, 2006

Me and my soon tot be husband stayed at this hotel for an early flight out, i booked in the internet and i thought i saw it said a 4star. boy was i wrong. The hotel area verry scarry. the staff was OK not too nice. we were put on the 2nd floor. when we got to our room the towel rack was falling off the wall, the smoke detector was not there (just exposed wires for the wall). we stayed anyway only because we got in late and had an early flight and didn't know the area. about 6 months later i was checking my credit card account (the card i used to secure the room rate not the one i used at checkout) and noticed a $112 charge. when i called the manager she gave me a # to there account to sort things out...go figure wrong # then i was given a fax # i faxed a letter to the "accountant". i have gotten no were. i finally decided to go to my bank and file a claim. BE WORNED NOT TO USE A CREDIT CARD!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sfreud
A TripAdvisor Member
bower
Reviewed May 28, 2006

This place uses plastic bags of batting, covered with a pillowcase, as their pillows.
Every piece of furniture has cigarette burns. I decided to check out rather than stay in this dump and they billed my credit card for 2 nights anyway.

When I disputed it, they said I stayed the whole 2 days and left my key in the room rather than checkout.

These people should not be allowed to list this dive in any internet search.

• Stayed: January 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 23, 2006

One look at this place should have told me to keep going, but it is very convenient to the airport car rental return area, and with early flight, we figured how bad could one night be???
This is the worst hotel ever... i checked in and the staff was so miserably rude, unhelpful and downright nasty that i checked right out.. they gave me a hard time about not staying there, and will probably be fighting with my credit card company forever to get the charge removed. I would sleep in my car before I stayed in this dump. There is a very nice travel lodge just about a mile up the street, just as close to the airport and far preferable.

Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank ctg280
Reviewed March 26, 2006

I booked my husband for one night (Saturday, 3/25/06) at the Sterling International Hotel in Phoenix. He reported that it was a horrible, horrible hotel. His non-smoking room was smoky. There were cigarette burns in the upholstery and carpet and the remote control didn't work. He was moved to a second room which was marginally less smokey and the remote control did not work. He gave up. He said the staff was lazy and didn't care.

5  Thank DallasJfi
A TripAdvisor Member
Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2005

We picked a car rental (no complaints there), which is located in the "lobby" of the Sterling. As per an earlier review it was a Ho Jo's at some point in its past - the car rental maps list it as such. The moment you pull into the place you realize you should have gone elsewhere. I'm sure glad all I was doing was picking a car - I would hate like hell to have to stay there.

We waited for a cab to take us to the Airport so spent about 10-15 minutes waiting. Somebody who worked for the joint had to go and speak to few dudes partaking in drugs in the back parking lot.

• Stayed: March 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 26, 2005

dirty rooms(we found dirty underwear in the bathroom )...
unfriendly staff...
noisy...

just terrible. don´t stay there!!!!

• Stayed: March 2005