“Efficicent Staff and Deluxe Room”

Phoenix Airport Marriott
Ranked #56 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
San Marino, California
“Efficicent Staff and Deluxe Room”
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I stayed three nights and paid $99 Marriott senior rate. The employees are all very friendly, helpful, and efficient. The shuttle van took me to Phoenix's new Metro Light-Rail which I took downtown for 60 cents, senior rate. I walked back to the hotel from the Metro. That took 15 minutes. I could have phoned for the shuttle. The bed-making met my fussy standards! Huge bathroom with excellent venting. I will return. The concierge breakfast was very complete with another efficient employee working there.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Alabama
Reviewed March 15, 2009

I stayed at the Marriott Phoenix Airport for a meeting that pretty much required that I stay there. I was a little surprised at the cost because in most metro areas the hotels at the airport are less expensive than average. Apparently this is not the case in Phoenix, because I paid more than I expected for an otherwise average property. The fitness center in particular was especially lacking, with a limited selection of equipment and very cramped quarters. They placed some of the weightlifiting equipment outside near the pool which I thought was bizarre even for Arizona. I didn't have any particular complaints about the room or accomodations, but if I had to return for another trip to Phoenix, I would shop around and try to find either a nicer hotel for the money or else a better value away from the airport.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 4, 2009

This looks like a brand new Marriott. The rooms were spacious and modern. The bed excellent. The concierge lounge was average, with a poor selection of food at 5PM and unattentive staff. The shuttle service to the airport was reliable and well run. Not much nearby. If you don't have a car, you are pretty much stuck at the hotel restaurant. The sun can cause a problem heating the rooms on the South side of the building, and the air system is not easy to control. However, I found out stay more than acceptable and would return.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
California
Reviewed February 12, 2009

I stayed at this hotel since I had a business conference here. The hotel is very close to the airport (hence the "Airport" in the name) but without the noise. My room faced the airport and I did not hear anything. Freeway access is very close as well.

The staff is very friendly and they were on top of all tasks needed for the conference. Sometimes one can tell if a hotel is short staffed, and this was not the case.

The rooms are comfortable. The rooms are upgraded as to electronics (flat screen LCD, wireless internet, etc.), but the decor and bathroom is not modern. The bathroom is clean and the bed is comfortable.

I did not use the fitness center or the business center.

Overall, I have to say that the staff made the difference for this hotel. A smile goes a long way!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Philadelphia
Reviewed October 4, 2008

I booked this hotel for a business trip to Phoenix though my corporate travel agent. Overall not many complaints.

Location: Its not right on top of the airport, but its close enough. I think you do have to be aware that if you are heading back to the airport, make sure you have enough time for the shuttle bus if there is any traffic.

Check-In: Fast and reasonably efficient. Got upgraded to the Concierge Floor so that's a plus. I always request a tube of toothpaste on arrival and received that without problem.

Room: Reasonably nice. I still wish Marriott would offer wireless access in the rooms so I wasn't chained to the desk when on the computer, but that's not that fault of this hotel.

Service: Great. I had a Southwest Airlines flight the next morning and was going to be at a meeting at the 24 hour mark to print your boarding pass. I provided my confirmation number to the desk agent and asked if they could help me out. I returned and my boarding pass was waiting for me at the front desk. It was A60 (for those of you who know Southwest), so not bad.

If I had a complaint, its is that the bar is right in the lobby across from the front desk. So there is lots of seating for bar patrons, and not as much for someone waiting in the lobby for colleagues. The Georgia football fans were in town for the game and took the entire lobby over.

Overall, I think this is a good option for a stay near the airport. I only stay in airport hotels when I have early morning flights back east and would stay here again given the same circumstances.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Lobby bar
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2008

My husband and I arrived in Phoenix very late at night and our stay at the Marriott was very short since we had a very early flight out the next morning.

I found the hotel to be nice and quiet the whole time we were there. The rooms are really nice and the bed was very comfortable. That's something I am not used to when traveling. I find most beds way too firm for me. After a long day of traveling I can't think of anything better than a nice quiet place wtih a comfortable bed.

The hotel was very close to the airport which makes an early flight that much better.

I would highly recommend this hotel even if you don't need to be close to the airport.

Stayed February 2008
Guildford, Surrey
Reviewed June 20, 2008

Yes it's a bog standard Marriott but you know what you are getting and when you just arrive after a 10 hour flight and it's 2am body clock but you have to try to stay awake until at least 9am - the Marriott was excellent. Nice and quiet, big room,access to the concierge lounge, swimming pool, just what was needed to unwind and get a good nights sleep to start the holiday.

• Liked — The comfortable beds
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple