“Good 5 night stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #63 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Minneapolis, MN
“Good 5 night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Phoenix Airport for 5 nights and the service was the best part of my stay. Everyone I encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. Quiet hallways; quiet rooms. The room was very clean and spacious. The bed was not as comfortable as I would've expected (a little too soft) but we did have a down comforter and nice pillows. I ordered room service for lunch one day and it was prompt and delicious (salad, fresh fruit, iced tea). I also had breakfast there one morning; they had a buffet. The service was great and the food was fine. The pool is nothing fancy, but clean and quiet. Nice patio off the back where you could sit and relax or order food. Fitness center was clean and updated. 3 nice treadmills and a handful of other machines. Clean towels & fresh fruit outside the fitness center every morning. Very close to the airport; only took a few mins and they have a free shuttle that runs every half hour. Easy taxi service available and a concierge there all of the time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank BRRRRMinneapolis_MN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed at the Marriott Phoenix Airport and have to say we were pleased with this hotel. It is centrally located by highway. We had easy access to all parts of Phoenix. The hotel itself was very clean and updated. The service was great and we encountered no issues. I had the pool to myself each day as my husband attended to work obligations. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

There are few things I enjoy more in life than a comfortable Marriott bed. This hotel however seems to have forgotten it is a Marriott. My biggest surprise was that the beds DO NOT have down comforters like EVERY other Marriott I have stayed at in the last 5 years. They have a comforter cover laying ontop of old brown blankets like you saw in the 80's. AWFUL! The rooms here are equivelant to a Comfort Inn type of hotel, not a Marriott. Unbelievable!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jamie G, Guest Relations Manager at Phoenix Airport Marriott, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to inform us about your experience. We are truly sorry that we accidentally accommodated you in one of our allergen-feather free rooms. All our rooms are up to Marriott standards and we apologize for this error on our part.
We look forward to be at your service when your plans call for a visit to the Phoenix area.

Sincerely

Phoenix Airport Marriott
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights of business. Rooms were spacious and building was quiet. Was very impressed with the service - Camille on the front desk went out of her way more than once to help me sort out some issues I was having with my flight. Would stay here again

Lynn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Everyone gives 100 percent effort. Shuttle driver could not be nicer as he took our bags from the curb to the van into the hotel lobby than up to our room. But wait, he came back 5 minutes later to give us some cold bottle waters!! Person who checked us in made sure to give us a room facing camelback. Room service was quick, food good and made something for us that was not listed on menu. Asked for a glass of ice and brought up a huge bucket with a smile. At breakfast buffet there are lots of smiles and waiters insist on being helpful. "Please let me carry your plate, madam." The shuttle driver back to airport had a big personality and carried our luggage onto the sidewalk, not just next to curb.

2 Thank lash23_13
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

I booked this hotel for a quick night before going to Hawaii. Shuttle picking me up was quick and the driver was very helpful and friendly. I used Marriott's mobile check in, which i still don't quite understand, but it seemed to make the process a bit easier. My keys we're ready when I walked in and Lenora the front desk agent was awesome.

The rooms are quite spacious and very clean. Those who have spent any time at a hotel in a big city will notice how much larger these are. To Marriott's credit, they are all pretty much the same, which is what I appreciate. I know exactly what I'm getting when I get there.

A special shout out to the housekeeping staff!! We all complain when things aren't spotless and I want to let you know, my room was spotless!

Thanks guys!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

When you hear the words "Airport", your imagination automatically goes to 'great, I'll be up all night with planes'. Well, never heard a one and I was towards the top of the hotel. Matter of fact, I was there for a rather rowdy Con and never heard a thing once I closed the door.

The rooms were very nice, spacious and comfortable. Clean with a ready supply of towels without having to ask. I was there for three nights. I usually keep services to a minimum, liking my privacy, so I leave the DND sign out. Other hotels frequently call you to ask if you want ,anything, they didn't, which I REALLY appreciate.

The staff were great, friendly and ready to answer questions or help out.

Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business