“NOT a Marriott bed”

Ranked #55 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Salt Lake City, Utah
“NOT a Marriott bed”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

There are few things I enjoy more in life than a comfortable Marriott bed. This hotel however seems to have forgotten it is a Marriott. My biggest surprise was that the beds DO NOT have down comforters like EVERY other Marriott I have stayed at in the last 5 years. They have a comforter cover laying ontop of old brown blankets like you saw in the 80's. AWFUL! The rooms here are equivelant to a Comfort Inn type of hotel, not a Marriott. Unbelievable!

• Stayed February 2014
Jamie G, Guest Relations Manager at Phoenix Airport Marriott, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to inform us about your experience. We are truly sorry that we accidentally accommodated you in one of our allergen-feather free rooms. All our rooms are up to Marriott standards and we apologize for this error on our part.
We look forward to be at your service when your plans call for a visit to the Phoenix area.

Sincerely

Phoenix Airport Marriott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights of business. Rooms were spacious and building was quiet. Was very impressed with the service - Camille on the front desk went out of her way more than once to help me sort out some issues I was having with my flight. Would stay here again

Lynn, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Everyone gives 100 percent effort. Shuttle driver could not be nicer as he took our bags from the curb to the van into the hotel lobby than up to our room. But wait, he came back 5 minutes later to give us some cold bottle waters!! Person who checked us in made sure to give us a room facing camelback. Room service was quick, food good and made something for us that was not listed on menu. Asked for a glass of ice and brought up a huge bucket with a smile. At breakfast buffet there are lots of smiles and waiters insist on being helpful. "Please let me carry your plate, madam." The shuttle driver back to airport had a big personality and carried our luggage onto the sidewalk, not just next to curb.

2 Thank lash23_13
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I booked this hotel for a quick night before going to Hawaii. Shuttle picking me up was quick and the driver was very helpful and friendly. I used Marriott's mobile check in, which i still don't quite understand, but it seemed to make the process a bit easier. My keys we're ready when I walked in and Lenora the front desk agent was awesome.

The rooms are quite spacious and very clean. Those who have spent any time at a hotel in a big city will notice how much larger these are. To Marriott's credit, they are all pretty much the same, which is what I appreciate. I know exactly what I'm getting when I get there.

A special shout out to the housekeeping staff!! We all complain when things aren't spotless and I want to let you know, my room was spotless!

Thanks guys!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2014

When you hear the words "Airport", your imagination automatically goes to 'great, I'll be up all night with planes'. Well, never heard a one and I was towards the top of the hotel. Matter of fact, I was there for a rather rowdy Con and never heard a thing once I closed the door.

The rooms were very nice, spacious and comfortable. Clean with a ready supply of towels without having to ask. I was there for three nights. I usually keep services to a minimum, liking my privacy, so I leave the DND sign out. Other hotels frequently call you to ask if you want ,anything, they didn't, which I REALLY appreciate.

The staff were great, friendly and ready to answer questions or help out.

Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Terry S
Moorestown, New Jersey
Reviewed January 18, 2014

From the time I walked into the lobby until I checked out the next morning, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Check in was a breeze and I really felt welcomed. Hiram in the lobby took very good care of me, making sure I knew how to get to the rental car return in time to catch my flight home the next morning. He was very friendly and seems to genuinely enjoy his job. Evelyn and Noelle were wonderful hosts for dinner at the lobby bar - the cod special was delicious! The rooms were spacious and comfortable - the bedding was especially comfortable and provided a great night's sleep. As I left the next morning, the front desk and lobby staff again greeted me and made me feel like they were honestly glad I stayed there. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Kimberly S
Jamie G, Guest Relations Manager at Phoenix Airport Marriott, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Kimberly,

Thanks for taking the time and sharing your thoughts regarding your experience at the Phoenix Airport Marriott. We are delighted that you had a great stay. We appreciate your comments about the great service that you recieved from Hiram, Evelyn, Noelle, our Bellman and Front Desk staff.
We look forward to the opportunity to be at your service when your plans call for a visit to the Phoenix area.

Watertown, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stayed here for two nights while on business in the area. Simply a marriott hotel by the airport, nothing special.

My room was a high floor room with a nice view of the mountains around the area, but the room itself was not the greatest. It just felt a little stale and there were numerous scuff marks throughout the room and the bathroom was pretty small considering the size of the room.

Hopefully this hotel gets renovated in the next few years as the other options in the area are more attractive for my next trip.

Room Tip: High floor to get a view of more than the highway.