“Great Service”

Phoenix Airport Marriott
Ranked #57 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“Great Service”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Frequent guest at this property and customer service is always exceptional. Value depends on the rate available which can fluctuate depending on whats happening locally. Coffee shop dinner menu though a little average.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here for years on business and I have to say that the hotel is a hotel but the restaurant staff is something special. Their professionalism, attention to detail and special care is unprecedented in any hotel in this class. The food is also above average. I particularly like the seafood dishes.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were passing though headed to Mexico when we stayed the night here. I was very surprised when they remembered my birthday and found a bottle of wine, cheese and fresh fruits in our room! And on top of that, staff and management came over to greet us and treated us to an amazing apple tart and ice cream... I was so happy, and have to commend them for going that extra mile to make you feel like your home. We will be back!!! Thank you all!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Older hotel, but clean and friendly staff. Everything you would expect from a Marriott property. Free breakfast in the morning for platinum members and that is a bonus! Just stayed here to take shuttle to airport for our flight. The hotel served its purpose.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was our first trip to Phoenix. As we were arriving late at night and weren't familiar with the city we decided to stay close to the airport and pick up our rental car the next day. I used one of my free night vouchers and was not disappointed.

The complimentary shuttle picked us up outside the airport and brought us directly to the hotel. Check-in was easy, and they even had a dish of rice krispy squares on the desk, which was good as there was no food available in the hotel that late, with the exception of a couple vending machines. I believe there were options for ordering in or going out, but we were too tired.

The lobby is very nice, with several seating areas suitable for both work and pleasure. There is also a nice outdoor seating area just through the rear lobby doors.

The room was lovely, with the incredibly comfortable Marriott bed, and when we woke up we were pleasantly surprised with the view of the mountains, which we couldn't see in the dark the night before. I chose to sleep late, but my husband took advantage of the Concierge room and said they provided a fantastic breakfast.

Wifi was free in the lobby and complimentary for Gold members in the rooms (Marriott Rewards had previously offered me a complimentary upgrade to Gold for 3 months, so that was great!). We encountered some difficulty logging on in the room, but a phone call then a trip to the front desk cleared that up.

The pool and gym area were nice, and there was even some gym equipment on the pool deck. As we were in a hurry to get our rental car and continue on to our destination we did not take advantage of these areas.

The complimentary shuttle took my husband back to the airport to pick up the car. In the interim, I checked out, which was seamless as all it required was handing the keys in. The bellman was exceptionally helpful, taking the suitcases out for me, and loading them into the car when my husband returned. When he noticed we were still sitting outside a few minutes later trying to get our bearings, he even brought us a much more useful map!

The Marriott brand is always my first choice and will continue to be so. I feel that their Reward programme actually rewards my customer loyalty, and I never fail to have a great sleep in their fantastic beds!

Room Tip: We were second floor from the top (11 or 12 I believe) looking out to the mountains, room was very q...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FireWife911
Ellsworth, Maine
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I recently checked in to my hotel early and was greated with excitement from both the front door and the checkin person. I was given a room with a balcony. I needed to return my car to the airport and I was given the information to the airport and to return. when the shuttle picked me up and returned me to the hotel I was asked if I wanted a bottle of water. I was in the lobby and the front desk asked me if I needed assistance . I stay at over 50 marriotts per year and by far this was the best I have stayed at. The location is a few miles from the airport and the shuttle is free. The airport shuttle will take you to where you need to go close by. This was a wo derail experience at the end of our 10 day vacation.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Ii stayed here and paid $300 a night which was not worth it. I came to my room after working all day to find no one cleaned my room. Dirty towels were still on the bathroom floor, the bed unmade and trash cans still full. When I called desk they did not seem surprised and did not offer clean towels or to have someone clean the room. I told them for $300 a night they should really be able to clean the rooms. I go to phoenix weekly and will never stay at that hotel again

Room Tip: Service was not good and you have to hope they clean your room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business