“Ridiculous internet charges”

Phoenix Airport Marriott
Ranked #54 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed April 26, 2013

When I returned home I realized i had been charged 3 times a day for the internet at $11.95 each. so $35.85 day for 3 night stay. When I called to correct the overcharge, I was told this was correct, they charged for each device I connected (laptop, iPhone and iPad). THey insisted all Marriott full service hotels charged this way and refused to refund the charges beyond the $11.95/day. I have stayed at many Marriott's, including the Wardman Park in DC, definitely a full service, conference hotel of much higher quality and they thought I was crazy when I asked if they would charge for each device, they would never do that. Springhill suites where I stay frequently doesn't charge at all.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Terribramel
There are newer reviews for Phoenix Airport Marriott

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Last week I stayed at the Phoenix Marriott for two nights due to a business trip. The hotel is not as close to the airport as in other cities. It is also not right off one of the major roads near the airport. I was glad that had GPS. That is one of the reasons I rated this a "3" versus a "4".

I enjoyed the breakfast buffet which include made to order omelets and all of the other usual items. The service was good as well.

The hotel could use some cosmetic updates in the hallways and rooms (carpet, tile,wall coverings, etc.). The other thing I did not like was the plastic shower line in the shower/tub. Many other hotels have gone solely to the cloth shower curtains.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here our last night in Phoenix. Thanks to Genevieve L. at the front desk for taking such good care of us. She gave us an excellent recommendation for lunch, The Tee Pee. Our room was extremely neat and clean, the carpet looked new and the room smelled fresh. We had a nice view of Camelback Mountain. Shuttle after turning in our rental car was prompt. We returned to our room to find a chilled bottle of wine, ice cream and chocolate cake, a much appreciated gesture honoring our anniversary. Everyone at the hotel was friendly, cheerful and welcoming.

Room Tip: Any floor above 4 on the front side of the hotel will afford a view of Camelback Mountain
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel is ok . . . the amenities leave something to be desired. I've stayed at other, less fancy hotels for 1/2 the price and get free WIFI in the room AND breakfast. The staff is very courteous and the facility is clean.
We won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Pamela B
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a very standard hotel. No surprises. Clean an convenient. Rooms are big enough. Free parking. Good shower. Clean bathroom. Quite. Friendly staff. There was a small balcony in my room. Good hotel to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Was here only 24 hours. Very comfy hotel. Nice C lounge. Great meeting rooms and staff. So close to airport. Shuttle was a bit slow picking me up - waited 30 mins.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I spent a couple of nights here for work. It is a short shuttle ride from the airport (the shuttle runs every half hour in each direction, 24/7, easy!) but once in the hotel you don't sense the airport as being anywhere near. THe air is clear and there is no airport or highway noise.

Being a Marriott, the beds were super-comfortable, the rooms were clean. The staff was wonderfully helpful. They have a fine restaurant for meals. Between 2 and 5pm, when the restaurant is closed, you can get the same food at the bar. I don't like bars but because this one is in the lobby and bright and cheerful, I felt absolutely fine sitting there alone and chatting with the friendly bartender, Noel. I've seen other reviews that trash the pool area. I'm not sure what people are expecting but I rather liked the pool. I have no complaints about the chairs and loungers by the pool, although they did run out of towel. The gym is small but adequate.

I did not have a car and was happy to discover a small mall area about three blocks away with a supermarket, a large pharmacy, restaurants (fast foodish!), and some limited clothes shopping options.
My room had great bigs windows and plentiful hot water in the tub. I had no problem with the internet, although I think it's time for the Marriott to STOP CHARgiNg for internet service! I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lisa F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Encanto
Camelback East
Residence Inn Phoenix Airport
Hilton Phoenix Airport
#16 of 174 in Phoenix

Been to Phoenix Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!