“Waited an hour at terminal”

Phoenix Airport Marriott
Ranked #60 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I followed the directions for being picked up (the desk clerk said it would take 20 minutes, which for me is already too long to wait), but nobody came. Called back...must have rung 15 times before she answered...and the desk clerk apologized and said it'd be 5 to 10 more minutes. It was 20, and I suspect the guy only came then because there were two other families waiting. When I got back, the desk clerk welcomed me and then took off, leaving me at the counter for a couple of minutes. I understand a mistake, but taken together the staff came off inattentive and downright rude.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank teufelsdroch

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Check in
Holy boobs! The lady behind the counter was not dressed to be welcoming guests to a so called "4 star" hotel quick check in nonetheless

1st room all and I mean all of the wallpaper was peeling back more than an inch at most seams the outside of the phone was yellow with the consistancy of smoke stains I had to hold it away from my face it literally smelled.

2nd room
Same as first just a non smelly room and no smoke stains. The bed was about the only thing clean in this room. We were tired from the day and wanted to go to bed so we gave in and just put up.

We utilized the Marriott for a stay-cation we wanted something elegant to break the mundane of our home and this was elegant..... back in the early 90s they really need to consider a major revamp to there 4th floor rooms you can tell this has never happened.

We did complain in the morning and we got a "sorry we will try harder next time"
I would recommend any other hotel in the area even a discount hotel you'd at least have a better chance of getting a sanitary room.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank arkman3000
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The staff (front desk/bell staff) were so friendly and helpful. They welcomed us warmly, offered us a bottle of water each and granola snacks...all at 12am in the morning! The room was comfortable and clean although we were there just few hours before our flight home. The free shuttle to the airport running every 30 minutes was very convenient (even at 6am) and it is just about 10 minutes from the airport. If you stay in the phoenix area and have an early flight, this is a good choice for that last night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HI_Traveller_12
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this Marriott to attend a Cardinals football game. The Marriott is very nicely maintained. It is not a newer property, but has all the amenities expected of a Marriott. The staff are very friendly and helpful and will help you find nearby restaurants. I had a problem with the air-conditioning unit in my room and their maintenance personnel were very prompt and courteous in resolving the issue. This Marriott is very comfortable and you feel like you are coming home after spending a long day of enjoying yourself or doing whatever activity brings you to Phoenix. The staff at this Marriott set it apart; they do an exceptional job. As a female travelling alone, you need to feel safe and this Marriott definitely gives you that comfort level.

Room Tip: I stayed on the Concierge floor and if you can, I would recommend staying on that floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank patlv1
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Clean well appointed rooms. Service with a smile and efficiency. Very close to airport yet quiet rooms. Intend on staying here again. Pleasant but a little smallish concierge lounge. Try to get breakfast at an off time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank dennysre
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I'd start by saying "typical Marriott," which isn't a bad thing, but this hotel really, really has its act together. And it's better than a "typical Marriott!" Wonderfully efficient check-in people, courteous shuttle bus driver and attentive staff all the way around.

We're extremely low-maintenance guests. We check in and ideally you never hear from us again until we check out. Marriott delivers and an absolutely perfect stay. All hotels should be this good!

Thoroughly recommend this property if you're thinking of visiting Phoenix, although haven't stayed at enough hotels in Phoenix to suggest this as a base (especially if you want spas and a resort experience!) No one ever chooses to stay at an airport hotel, unless there's a great reason to stay at an airport hotel, such a business meeting or an early morning flight out the next morning.

Excellent rooms, wonderful concierge lounge and really, really, really quiet. Airport is about a five minute drive away.

Select with absolute confidence and enjoy your visit.

Room Tip: We had a wonderful view, but not sure of the direction! You definitely want to be higher.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Frqflier
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed here for the first time recently because I had an early morning flight home the next day. Arrived late (9pm) and the front desk lady was very nice, greeted me as a Gold elite member but unfortunately never mentioned the concierge lounge on the 12th floor opened ‘til 10pm. It would have been nice to grab a drink or snack before heading to bed.

The room was nice and comfortable and everything was clean and in working order. My only complaint would be that the bed pillows were a bit small, and there were some stains on the carpet.

For breakfast, I went down to the lobby only to have to go back up to the 12th floor after being told at that point about the concierge lounge. Breakfast was simple, nothing fancy, but enjoyable. Unfortunately there was one gentleman on his cell phone speaking loud almost the whole time I was there, being rude to those of us wanting to enjoy a nice quiet breakfast. I would recommend not allowing cell phones in this lounge.

Checkout was quick and the friendly front desk woman gave me pre-printed directions for my rental car return. If I had to stay close to the PHX airport again, I would probably stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mrstats69
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Encanto
Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown North (formerly Hilton Phoenix Suites)
Courtyard Phoenix Chandler
#14 of 34 in Chandler
Hilton Phoenix Chandler
#4 of 34 in Chandler
Hilton Phoenix Airport
#15 of 174 in Phoenix

Been to Phoenix Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!