“convenient to the airport”

Phoenix Airport Marriott
Ranked #59 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The staff (front desk/bell staff) were so friendly and helpful. They welcomed us warmly, offered us a bottle of water each and granola snacks...all at 12am in the morning! The room was comfortable and clean although we were there just few hours before our flight home. The free shuttle to the airport running every 30 minutes was very convenient (even at 6am) and it is just about 10 minutes from the airport. If you stay in the phoenix area and have an early flight, this is a good choice for that last night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HI_Traveller_12

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this Marriott to attend a Cardinals football game. The Marriott is very nicely maintained. It is not a newer property, but has all the amenities expected of a Marriott. The staff are very friendly and helpful and will help you find nearby restaurants. I had a problem with the air-conditioning unit in my room and their maintenance personnel were very prompt and courteous in resolving the issue. This Marriott is very comfortable and you feel like you are coming home after spending a long day of enjoying yourself or doing whatever activity brings you to Phoenix. The staff at this Marriott set it apart; they do an exceptional job. As a female travelling alone, you need to feel safe and this Marriott definitely gives you that comfort level.

Room Tip: I stayed on the Concierge floor and if you can, I would recommend staying on that floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank patlv1
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Clean well appointed rooms. Service with a smile and efficiency. Very close to airport yet quiet rooms. Intend on staying here again. Pleasant but a little smallish concierge lounge. Try to get breakfast at an off time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank dennysre
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I'd start by saying "typical Marriott," which isn't a bad thing, but this hotel really, really has its act together. And it's better than a "typical Marriott!" Wonderfully efficient check-in people, courteous shuttle bus driver and attentive staff all the way around.

We're extremely low-maintenance guests. We check in and ideally you never hear from us again until we check out. Marriott delivers and an absolutely perfect stay. All hotels should be this good!

Thoroughly recommend this property if you're thinking of visiting Phoenix, although haven't stayed at enough hotels in Phoenix to suggest this as a base (especially if you want spas and a resort experience!) No one ever chooses to stay at an airport hotel, unless there's a great reason to stay at an airport hotel, such a business meeting or an early morning flight out the next morning.

Excellent rooms, wonderful concierge lounge and really, really, really quiet. Airport is about a five minute drive away.

Select with absolute confidence and enjoy your visit.

Room Tip: We had a wonderful view, but not sure of the direction! You definitely want to be higher.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Frqflier
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed here for the first time recently because I had an early morning flight home the next day. Arrived late (9pm) and the front desk lady was very nice, greeted me as a Gold elite member but unfortunately never mentioned the concierge lounge on the 12th floor opened ‘til 10pm. It would have been nice to grab a drink or snack before heading to bed.

The room was nice and comfortable and everything was clean and in working order. My only complaint would be that the bed pillows were a bit small, and there were some stains on the carpet.

For breakfast, I went down to the lobby only to have to go back up to the 12th floor after being told at that point about the concierge lounge. Breakfast was simple, nothing fancy, but enjoyable. Unfortunately there was one gentleman on his cell phone speaking loud almost the whole time I was there, being rude to those of us wanting to enjoy a nice quiet breakfast. I would recommend not allowing cell phones in this lounge.

Checkout was quick and the friendly front desk woman gave me pre-printed directions for my rental car return. If I had to stay close to the PHX airport again, I would probably stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mrstats69
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I don't have anything bad to say about anything about the hotel or staff. I've stayed here several times. On three occasions we were left stranded at the airport and had to call a taxi because the Marriott Shuttle Bus failed to pick us up. We never had a problem getting us to the airport but coming back just didn't happen. The first time we thought it was a fluke. That second time we were told it would never happen again. The third time was the last time. We do continue to stay here but use a different service that's reliable. It's possible that the problem has been fixed since but I can't trust them after my experiences.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheSaltyPepper
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Forget the rooms (that were very nice, by the way), price (which was well done) or the food (which was very good for the price); it all came down to service. After driving for days we needed connecting rooms and a late check out. By the time I checked in, the front office individual had it all taken care of with the connecting rooms. And, for the late check out, she gave us "an extra night" to ensure that the cards would work until 2 pm. All this without charging us extra. She knew exactly what to do to make the trip go better at that very moment. It was all about the service and they were awesome.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business