“Park and Fly” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Tucson, Arizona
“Park and Fly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

A good place to leave your car and stay the night for an early flight. There is good shopping and restaurants close. The light rail is close and a good way to catch a baseball game at Chase Field. They are in the process of remodeling so there is some construction in the day time. Great van drivers and friendly check in people. Great free breakfast and they have light meals and drinks during the week. Great value for your money.

Room Tip: Close to the pool and lobby lots of rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Smokedogaz
Stephanie R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share this great review from your recent stay with us here at the Residence Inn Phoenix Airport! We are so happy you found this of great value and that the location worked out perfect. Our friendly staff is definitely one of our great assets as we strive to provide exceptional service with each of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to Phoenix should you travel to this area again. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stay in a lot of hotels, and have several criteria for what makes a comfortable stay. First and non-negotiable is a friendly staff; although our interaction with the staff here was limited, we had no reason to believe they weren't friendly ... we were allowed to check in early after a long flight, which was greatly appreciated. Just as we walked in, an (apparently) homeless man was walking out with a plate of food from the breakfast area.. It was the end of the breakfast hour, and evidently, there was food leftover - two staff member followed him out, yelling at him to say his room number (there was no doubt that he wasn't a guest), then yelling at him that they were going to call the police. Clearly, that was not going to happen - and we felt the entire situation could have been handled more appropriately.
All that said, the room was comfortable, and we weren't affected by the water shutdown.
The rate was good, and although we didn't participate in the breakfast, we have no reason to believe that it was deficient.
The location is spectacular - at 44th/McDowell, near the 202. About 10 minutes from the car rental facility for a return to the airport.
The wifi - although free - was VERY slow.
What can we say, some good, some room for improvement. We'd return.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Boeing767
Thank you for taking the time to provide us insight on your stay here with us here at the Residence Inn Phoenix Airport. We want to sincerely apologize for the situation that occurred upon your arrival and want to ensure we address these types of situations with our employees so that we handle in a different manner in the future. We are glad, however, that the accommodations were comfortable and that the location was perfect. We hope that if you should come to the Phoenix area again that we are able to provide you with an exceptional stay. Safe travels!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I have just completed a 5 month stay at this hotel. It was TRULY IMPRESSIVE. The staff is absolutely WONDERFUL from the people taking care of your room, to the staff at the front desk, to the staff working in the kitchen to the Manager and Assistant Manager! I knew them all and they all made me feel like I was coming home each time I arrived. The rooms are big and clean. Each room is currently going through a huge renovation so the next time I get to stay there (hopefully I will work in Phoenix again!)...I will be able to enjoy the upgrades. The food at the breakfast and dinners was also fabulous. This hotel does not feel like the typical hotel and believe me, I have stayed in countless. I would absolutely stay there again as opposed to seeking something new in the Phoenix area. I could have stayed right next to my work but instead chose to drive the 20 minutes just because of the people and how nice the rooms are. Lastly, the value for the dollar is phenomenal. Where can you get free delicious hot breakfast every day and free delicious hot dinner 3 nights a week for the same amount you would pay for maybe a continental breakfast? No where that i have found! I will miss you all alot! Thanks for everything you did for me to make my stay FANTASTIC in Phoenix! hugs!

Room Tip: Anywhere...it is laid out great and the staff is WONDERFUL!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 238Jane
Thank you for this GREAT review! It has been our pleasure accommodating you here at the Residence Inn Phoenix Airport these past few months. We are so happy you choose our location for your stay in Phoenix as we know you had other options closer to your work, this means the most to us! We hope that your travel plans bring you back to the Phoenix area again, whether it is for business or leisure and that we can provide you with another memorable stay. Best of luck to you and safe travels!
Atchison, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

i was on a layover from a U.S. airways flight on july 2nd. the air line gave me a free stay at the hotel since i wasnt leaving till the next morning. Upon arriving at the hotel i was asked for my credit card incase i had room service or any extras. Upon leaving i gave back the room key and was taken back to the airport. After i was home for a week i had noticed a charge of 270.75 on my credit card. i called and spoke with Stefanie Rodriguez and Angie Resendad who said that the charge was for smoking in the room. I spoke then with Gary Marrufo who informed me that they can charge that for people smoking in the rooms. I understand that but with all the smoking alarms you would think that if i was smoking in the room ( which i wasnt) it would wake up the whole hotel. I believe this is their way of making up the monies lost from the airlines using them for layovers.

Room Tip: check your charges before you leave
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank robert m
Angie R, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us during your most recent stay at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you, but please know that we do have the proper procedures in place when an incident like this occurs. We have a zero tolerance smoking policy in place that all Marriott’s are enforced to follow.
We again would like to apologize and wish you safe travels back home.
Ellicott City, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Pros:
Very nice staff
Close to Airport
Pretty Good Breakfast (for a RI)--some sort of dinner/drinks at night
Clean/decent sized rooms with kitchens

Cons:
Rooms are VERY dated--peeling wallpaper, hard water stains, chipped/scratched porcelain thoughout
Everything in the rooms are loud (AC/bathroom vent)

From a room perspective, the hotel is well past it's prime and could do with a refresh. Everything works, but none of it looks good.

This is my first trip to Phoenix, so I can't speak to the area, but IMHO, I think the hotel is a bit overpriced for it's condition. I have co-workers that are staying at a nearby competitor for about the same money. When we discussed our hotels, they don't seem to have the "age" issue that the RI has.

Still, I'd stay here again--but not at the rate that I paid for this trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LaneB588
Stephanie R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for sharing the details of your stay with us here at the Residence Inn Phoenix Airport. It was great to hear how nice the staff was, as we all strive to provide exceptional service for each of our guests . We are currently in the process of refreshing our rooms and can not wait to share our new product with you! We look forward to your return to Phoenix and can not wait to provide a new expereince. Thank you again.
Orlando
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Ended up staying at this hotel for one night when connecting flight was seriously late and travel plans were disrupted. Made reservation and checked in within two hours. The hotel has a free shuttle to/from airport which is great because the cost of taking a cab is about $15. The hotel does not have ice machines, which I thought was strange, but front desk was able to quickly round up a bag of ice for us to fill cooler with. There is a free breakfast - which was ok, but not great. Typical for this level of hotel. If you stick to bananas, toast, cereal, etc. it is ok. I would avoid anything like the eggs, sauage, potatoes as it was really reheated or microwaved non-food in my opinion. In the evening there was a free buffet of light snacks and beverages including beer and wine. Room was dated in décor and sofa / coffee table extremely worn. Everything was functional though and for a quick stay close the airport, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: 2 Bed / 2 Bath is spacious if traveling with family. Privacy and room to spread out.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
Thank cuffy.fla
Stephanie R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide insight on your stay with us. We know what a inconvenience it can be when your travel plans get changed last minute but we are glad we were able to accommodate you and your family. It's unfortunate that you did not have a great breakfast experience but we want to do everything we can to ensure satisfaction on your future stay with us. We are excited to announce that we are currently undergoing a refresh in our guest rooms and cannot wait to share these new accommodations with our guests. We hope that if your travel plans should bring you to the area again, that we are able to provide you with an exceptional stay. Thank you again and safe travels!
Odenton, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I found it unacceptable for the airport shuttle bus driver to ask for tips. That ruined the good impression I received from the rest of the employees.

Hotel is at a good location within proximity from the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gerry T
Stephanie R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
We would like to sincerely apologize for the service you received from our drivers. An incident such as this is not tolerated and will be address promptly with the employees. We strive to provide an exceptional stay for each of our guest and are disappointed in the service you received. If we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at
(602) 273-9220. Thank you.