“Wow! my very own kitchen-what a surprise....excellent stay!!”

Residence Inn Phoenix Airport
Ranked #56 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Chicago, Illinois
“Wow! my very own kitchen-what a surprise....excellent stay!!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I got stranded in Phoenix and was put in this hotel by the airlines. I was so very impressed with the wonderful hotel room. You can't beat this hotel if you want to feel like you are at home. The nice kitchen along with the large space with a sofa and the bed off to itself. The mattress was comfortable and the amenities just what the doctor ordered. The pool was refreshing and the breakfast was full of choices: warm waffles, eggs, cereal, juices and the best coffee ever.
If you are looking for a place to stay near the airport this place is for you!

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to the lobby otherwise you may get confused on where you are in the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for this great review from your stay here at the Residence Inn Phoenix Airport! We know this stop in Phoenix was unplanned and unexpected but it was our pleasure to be able to accommodate you and turn this trip into a great experience. It was also good to hear how you were able to relax by our outdoor pool as well as experience our variety of breakfast. Residence Inns are known to be a home away from home, creating a great stay and we were glad that we could provide this for you. Thank you again for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed for one night because of my early AM flight the next day. Like Residence Inn properties in general. And this location was fine. The guy at check in was great. Very friendly. Very customer-focused. Acknowledged my Platinum status, although I don't have a big ego so it's not as important to me as it is to Marriott! The lobby and rooms are a bit worn and outdated. My shower handle broke when I used it. But I am pretty sure they are getting ready for a renovation soon. Only real issue I had was I wanted to return my rental car the night before so I didn't have to mess with it the AM of my flight (the rental car locaton at this airport is pretty far away from the airport, and wait times for the shuttles are long). The RI gave me their number to call when I was ready for the hotel shuttle to bring me back to the hotel. I called once. Waited 15 minutes. No shuttle. I called again 15 minutes later, and once again no shuttle. I called a third time and was told they were on their way. After waiting 15 more minutes (45 total), I finally grabbed a taxi as I had my client waiting for me at the hotel. To my surprise, I was charged $16 for the 3 minute taxi ride (minimum charge for any airport pickup). Told hotel about it. Wasn't necessarily expecting it, but would have been nice if they offered to pick up my $16 taxi fee, but they did not.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thank you for your recent review for your stay here at the Residence Inn Phoenix Airport. It was great to hear how the welcoming staff was and will be sure to celebrate these comments with them. We would also like to sincerely apologize for the shuttle service you received and can assure you that this will be addressed and corrected promptly. We strive to provide a great experience for each of our guests and hope to succeed your expectations on your next visit. We also will be undergoing a renovation this summer and can't wait to provide these new accommodations! Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
California
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We were bumped from our flight so US Airways put us up at this Residence Inn near the airport. The clerk at check in was very cheerful and helpful. Our room was perfect for relaxing and making the most of our overnight stay. The kitchen area is adequate stocked with dishes and eating utensils. We chose to eat out at Ruby Tuesday's about 1/2 mile down the street. We could have ordered in from a very extensive menu. One can also order groceries to be delivered. The queen size bed is super comfortable.

We enjoyed the pool area and the hot tub. Across the street is an Asian market and Chinese restaurant. Based on our experience here we would certainly look to stay in Residence Inns when ever we travel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Stephanie R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for staying with us here at the Residence Inn Phoenix Airport! We were glad to accommodate you on this unplanned trip to Phoenix, as it was great to hear how you enjoyed your stay. We know how important it is to get a good night’s rest before a day of traveling and we were happy that the mattress was comfortable and could contribute to this. It's great to hear that you will choose Residence Inn's on your next trip and we look forward to welcoming you back should you visit the Phoenix area again. Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us!
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I have stayed here many times over the last 8 years.
The lobby and breakfast area have been recently remodeled. The rooms and hallways, especially hallways, need an interior facelift. Carpets are showing signs of wear and tear, especially in halls and elevator. The rooms also could use some updating, such as new carpet, fresh wallpaper/paint. new colors. It’s not dirty, just a little tired and worn around the edges.

The staff is still as superb as ever…friendly, efficient and professional. The outdoor has been maintained very well—especially the landscape.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Stephanie R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay here at the Marriott Residence Inn Phoenix Airport! We want to thank you for continuing to stay with us here for the past 8 years, that's amazing and we truly appreciate your loyalty. We are excited to announce that we will be undergoing a renovation this summer! We can't wait to provide our guests all new accommodations. We were happy to read how great the staff was and will definitely celebrate this with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I recently stayed here for one night for business and I had a good experience. I enjoy this brand because the rooms are bigger and offer more amenities than some of the other mid-priced Marriott brands. Additionally, my experience with the Residence Inn brand is very consistent in how friendly they are. This hotel was nice, but it could stand to be updated. They did have the softer beds and all that, but the decor seemed to be a little tired. I will say the hotel was very clean, so I would not hesitate to stay here again. The location is close to the airport and is easy to get just about anywhere and there is very little noise inside the room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Marriott Residence Inn Phoenix Airport. We strive to provide a great experience to our guests and were happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travel plans bring you to the Phoenix area again. Thank you again!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel while at a conference in Phoenix. It was a great stay. First, the airport shuttle was very quick and friendly. Second, the front desk clerk got me in so quick - even way before the official check in time had arrived. The pool and hot tub were very nice with nice lounge chairs. The room was comfortable and clean. The hotel has great access to the highway, however, there are not any dining options within walking distance, so you'll need a car. The evening reception was very nice. My only irritants of the hotel are; really slow elevators and the dining/breakfast area is pretty small. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is opposite of the highway side
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your stay with us! We were so happy to read what a great experience we could provide you on your recent trip to Phoenix! Beginning with the friendly shuttle service, efficient check in and a great room, it was our pleasure to accommodate you. We always look forward to welcoming our guests back and will be preparing for your next visit with us! Thank you again!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We recently visited Phoenix for spring training. Staff was very friendly and helpful, a good hot breakfast plus happy hour with food is always an added plus! There may not be a lot of restaurants right close by, but everything you need can be found withing a few minute drive. Was nice to be right near the highway, but just far enough that you didn't hear all the traffic. Having a full kitchen in our suite made it easy to eat well without having to go out for every meal!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amy P
Stephanie R, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
We were so happy to read your review and that we we're able to provide a great stay for you! Spring training games are so much fun and we hope you had an amazing time. Thank you for sharing your stay with us and we look forward to your next stay with us!