“Great stay, great price”

Residence Inn Phoenix Airport
Ranked #57 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Verona, New Jersey
“Great stay, great price”
Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights. The room - like most Residence Inns - was spacious and comfortable. The A/C struggled a bit, but that was understandable since the outside temperature was 105 both days. The breakfasts were fabulous! The surrounding area was just OK and the location was far from downtown, but with a rental car it was fine.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Louisiana
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed one night prior to returning home from a trip to Arizona. The rental car location at PHX is a pain but this property is only about 4 miles from that and made for a much easier return. Do NOT drive through the airport to get to the vehicle return center. Use "Washington" Street which is only a mile south of the hotel and then three or miles to the VRC. The property is typical for Marriott Residence Inns....clean, great breakfast (and snacks at dinner the evening I was there) and a helpful/friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for an "inside" room that overlooks the pool...really quiet!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Montgomery Village, Maryland
Reviewed May 21, 2012

stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding reception I was attending in Chandler. It was 105*+ during the days and the pool was a welcome reward in the evenings. the rooms were new, clean, and very well maintained. we had a very large LCD screen in both our rooms. we stayed in more than one room because after our first night, the blower fan on the AC in our first room burned out. the hotel immediately accommodated us with a new room right down the hall.

the free breakfast was delicous! I had scrambled eggs, sausage, and a biscuit with gravy and some fresh cantaloupe. there was a cactus garden out front with signs explaining what each cactus was. the gift shop even had my favorite ice cream: haagen dazs chocolate peanut butter. score!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Wanted a place to park our car free for a week for a trip out of PHX airport and settled on this property. It was a real find and only $100/night. Quiet, clean, friendly staff and free parking with shuttle 24/7 to airport. Did I mention free breakfast and pool? Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We booked a room facing away from street & pool and it was very quiet. Room includes microwave a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We love (most) Residence Inns. The layout (bedroom with kitchen/living room) suits us well - provides a home away from home. This RI is well-maintained and quiet. The breakfast is quite satisfying - most places have high carb, high calorie offerings - here I can get yogurt with fruit and cereal. I bring my own bread (no complaint, it's just that my bread is better) and my own coffee (come on, the stuff at these hotels is swill). The beauty of this place is that you can bring your own stuff and make it in the kitchen. Voila - home away from home.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stayed at the RI Phoenix Airport for a business meeting in downtown Phoenix. The location is a bit far away from the center of downtown but it is easily accessible by the Light Rail. The rail is about 1/2 mile walk straight down the street from the hotel. When the shuttle was available the hotel offered to drop me off and pick me up from the rail station. The shuttle also dropped me off and picked me up from the airport, the zoo and the local walmart. All I had to do was call the desk and see if the driver was free or out on airport runs. They saved me a lot of cab fares!

The rooms a little less updated than other Residence Inns I have stayed at but they were well stocked and clean. The breakfast was fine but not spectacular. The manger's receptions were a bit disappointing because the two receptions I was at were basically inedible except for the cookies and the beer and wine.

The best part of the hotel was the staff. They were very friendly and helpful. They made my stay away from downtown center as easy as possible.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
PHXRA, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your review of our hotel. I was happy to read about your positive experiences with the hotel and especially with the level of service you recieved. We certainly try to be as accomodating as possible!
I'm happy to report that, since your review, we have completely revamped our evening reception menus. We were fortunate to hire a manager who has a strong background in food & beverage and she has really made some great improvments to the quality of our offerings.
We look forward to having you back!

~Jeff
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed April 15, 2012

attended a business meeting Thursday - Friday... check in was fast... the room really nice and my biggest fear (Jet noise) was relieved. Even through it near the airport I didn't hear a thing all night... the meeting were just as good... we never hear the airport. Great Business Hotel in Phoenix

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words. We feel very fortunate with our hotel's location - very close to the airport but, because of the runway position and flight patterns, we really don't get any airport noise. It's the best of both worlds!
We look forward to your next visit to Phoenix.

~Jeff (General Manager)