“won't be coming back”

Ranked #150 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Gatineau, Canada
“won't be coming back”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

this hotel was really expensive for whatw we had. The bathroom was disgusting and the room really noisy. At first they even gave us the key of a room that hasn't been done yet.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vacationgirl22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
Wisconsin
Reviewed February 24, 2011

We had stayed here on previous trips mostly because of the proximity to Sky Harbor Airport, but this recent trip will be the last. It has certainly gone down hill from last time we stayed - I admit it was a while ago, but really - the pool is filled in, the rooms look tired and tawdry and the neighborhood has changed in a negative way. Find somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank stmalo67
Reviewed February 18, 2011

First of all, we got on at 1:30 am and have to leave at 6 am. When we got in the room there were only 3 towels. We had four in our party. I went back to ask for an extra towel, the person said " sorry no towels". I asked if they could give a liitle continental breakfast at 5:30am. He said " no" it's from 6-9am. Then when I went back there to use the lobby computer at 5 am. He wouldn't let me in. He came out the back room, hair messy, eyes red, like he was sleeping in the back. I asked what time the manager comes in. He said" I'm the manager". That was the end of it. Will never stay here again. For those of you looking just for a cheap stay, this is not one of them.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank Danitello67
La Crescenta, California
Reviewed January 11, 2011

The office even smelled bad. When I called to confirm, it took 30 rings before anyone answered which should have been my first clue. The room was AWFUL. It smelled like something had died in there. The carpet was about 40 years old, green, torn, stained and disgusting. There was filth on the walls. The bathroom counter was stained, there was no coffee maker. The toilet and tub looked filthy. Stains all over the walls. Even the phone book I used to book another room for the night was falling apart and so dirty I felt the need for antibiotics.

It's not about price..for a similar cost, there are CLEAN rooms nearby!

On my way out (I lasted abou 20 minutes) I noticed the filthy, rundown strip club across the street. Gross!

Oh, and I found it funny that the ice machine is unplugged/broken yet they give you an ice bucket in your room. The TV was small, old and didn't work. I tried opening a window while I was calling different hotels, but it wouldn't open so I was stuck with the intense stench of the room.

It was HORRIBLE.

Don't waste your money, you'll end up booking another room and running away as fast as you can like I did.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Raychelc
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Not worth saving the money. Locks broken, not a great area....stay away!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank wjakoby
North Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I will tell you plain and simply. DONT STAY HERE. This is a filthy motel in an unsafe neighborhood. I had the misfortune to stay in this motel. I needed to make a long distance phone call. I had to walk 2 blocks to buy a phone card. On the way I was approached by vagrents and street people. Do not think of going out onto the street. During the night someone was knocking on my door and trying to look through my window . It was terrifying as I was by myself. Next day I went to breakfast to find that the City had suspended the licence to serve food. I did not get a reason why. I have stayed in many hotels all over the world and I have to say THIS IS THE WORST OF THE WORST.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank peggy2720
Forest City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 23, 2010

My friend and I were booked at the Days Inn for one night. We arrived very late as our plane was delayed due to weather. As we drove down Van Buren ave I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.......I could see this was not a safe area. When we arrived at the hotel (poor excuse for a hotel) we found the front door locked, you had to ring a doorbell for service. I reluctantly filled out the paperwork being I was already booked and it was very late. Once in the room we found it to be filthy, not to mention the air conditioner was not working properly. I called the front desk and they sent a very scary looking man to our room to fix it. My friend and I were afraid if we stayed after that encounter we might get an unwanted visit from this character, we got out of there as fast as our little feet could run. I ate the $74.00 Decided it was worth our safety. When I went to the office to tell the guy we were not staying, he argued with me telling me it was a very safe place to stay......sure thats why he locks the front door at night. I have a feeling they make alot of money off people who book and don't stay when they see what they are getting. My friend and I hit the I-17 north and drove a few miles up the road and found a very nice Ramada Inn for less money than the pig hole. The Ramada was in a much nicer section of town. This Days Inn should not even get a rating

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends