“Filthy!!”

Ranked #152 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
La Crescenta, California
“Filthy!!”
Reviewed January 11, 2011

The office even smelled bad. When I called to confirm, it took 30 rings before anyone answered which should have been my first clue. The room was AWFUL. It smelled like something had died in there. The carpet was about 40 years old, green, torn, stained and disgusting. There was filth on the walls. The bathroom counter was stained, there was no coffee maker. The toilet and tub looked filthy. Stains all over the walls. Even the phone book I used to book another room for the night was falling apart and so dirty I felt the need for antibiotics.

It's not about price..for a similar cost, there are CLEAN rooms nearby!

On my way out (I lasted abou 20 minutes) I noticed the filthy, rundown strip club across the street. Gross!

Oh, and I found it funny that the ice machine is unplugged/broken yet they give you an ice bucket in your room. The TV was small, old and didn't work. I tried opening a window while I was calling different hotels, but it wouldn't open so I was stuck with the intense stench of the room.

It was HORRIBLE.

Don't waste your money, you'll end up booking another room and running away as fast as you can like I did.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Raychelc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Not worth saving the money. Locks broken, not a great area....stay away!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank wjakoby
North Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I will tell you plain and simply. DONT STAY HERE. This is a filthy motel in an unsafe neighborhood. I had the misfortune to stay in this motel. I needed to make a long distance phone call. I had to walk 2 blocks to buy a phone card. On the way I was approached by vagrents and street people. Do not think of going out onto the street. During the night someone was knocking on my door and trying to look through my window . It was terrifying as I was by myself. Next day I went to breakfast to find that the City had suspended the licence to serve food. I did not get a reason why. I have stayed in many hotels all over the world and I have to say THIS IS THE WORST OF THE WORST.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank peggy2720
Forest City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 23, 2010

My friend and I were booked at the Days Inn for one night. We arrived very late as our plane was delayed due to weather. As we drove down Van Buren ave I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.......I could see this was not a safe area. When we arrived at the hotel (poor excuse for a hotel) we found the front door locked, you had to ring a doorbell for service. I reluctantly filled out the paperwork being I was already booked and it was very late. Once in the room we found it to be filthy, not to mention the air conditioner was not working properly. I called the front desk and they sent a very scary looking man to our room to fix it. My friend and I were afraid if we stayed after that encounter we might get an unwanted visit from this character, we got out of there as fast as our little feet could run. I ate the $74.00 Decided it was worth our safety. When I went to the office to tell the guy we were not staying, he argued with me telling me it was a very safe place to stay......sure thats why he locks the front door at night. I have a feeling they make alot of money off people who book and don't stay when they see what they are getting. My friend and I hit the I-17 north and drove a few miles up the road and found a very nice Ramada Inn for less money than the pig hole. The Ramada was in a much nicer section of town. This Days Inn should not even get a rating

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank travelgirl52662
Timbuktu, Mali
Reviewed September 23, 2010

My girlfriend booked a trip through a travel agent that actually put us in this hotel-you would think a travel agent would know better. We landed in Phoenix at 10:30 pm (which was 1:30 am our time). This Days Inn is on Van Buren Ave-apparently a very bad part of Phoenix. As we approached the hotel we noticed all of the police cars in various locations and right across from this Days Inn is a very seedy looking nude dance club. The parking lot of the hotel had only a few cars in and some of them were completely covered up with tarps. When we approached the lobby the door was locked-the gentleman behind the counter had to unlock it to let us in. That made us even more nervous. They put us up on the second floor. When we entered the room the ac was going full blast and it was still hot. We called for maintenance and he said it was working properly-that we should expect this in Phoenix this time of year. He also suggested we put shoes on the curtains to hold them down so that the air doesn't just hit the window.
The room appeared clean-though I was not comfortable even sitting on the beds. The place is a bit run down. I looked online at the picture of this place on the official "Days Inn" website and it is quite decidedly deceiving. This place is very run down and I can't even believe that this is an actual "Days Inn". I will be contacting their corporate offices as well.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank lantz4
florida
Reviewed August 14, 2010

This is the worst hotel EVER....i called ahead to find out about the area...was told it was a nice area...LIE!!! Across the street is a strip club….hookers all over the street. The window in my room did not close, so I had to rig it with a hanger. I was scared to leave my rental car outside. When pulling in there was a stack of nasty mattresses outside in the parking lot close to my room. Manager would not give me a refund so I could stay at another location. I called the customer service number….they were no help. I’m pretty sure that by judging from the neighborhood that the only thing the locals use this hotel for is to deal drugs and meet up with hookers. PLEASE DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank cjakoby
Prince George, Virginia
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Neighborhood is improving -- old buildings have been razed and new construction in progress. It is still an industrial area, but its close location to the PHX airport and low rates make it a real value. The rooms were all completely renovated within the past year or so. Front desk staff is positive and helpful, When ice machine temporarily malfunctioned, the manager sent out for bags of ice to accommodate guests. The machine was fixed the next day. Rooms are spotless and well maintained -- Inn workers pay close attention to detai and all were very friendly and personable. We stayed at this Inn for two nights to tour Phoenix before our 5:30 AM flight home to Virginia on May 11.at the end of our month-long sightseeing vacation in AZ, CA, and NV. We were very pleased with this Inn.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple