“Do they care?” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Budget Lodge of Phoenix

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phoenix
Budget Lodge of Phoenix
Ranked #123 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
“Do they care?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I've recommended people to stay here since 2012 because they treat people accordingly, however I'm inclined to retract any and all referrals due to the following...

I've been staying here for about 1 & 1/2 years. I've been through the up and downs with management and everything has been fair. Until recently I haven't been compelled to write a review but the time has come! You would think that a company would value repeat business like most others but this place could care less. I haven't expected anything more than some good customer service but I'll be damned if they aren't allergic to the ideal! My cost to stay here has gone up but the service has declined. Until recently, I've been given fair treatment as a resident of a motel but now, all of a sudden, I'm not entitled... Let me be clear, I've stayed in a room that they supposedly charge more for but have allowed me to stay at standard charge because of the bed bugs found in the previous room. I was highly appreciative of this fact. I've also had my kids stay the night with me when I have them, always made the front office aware of this fact, they've never said I had to pay anything extra. Now with these new people running the place I've been threatened to be kicked out without refund if I didn't pay extra when my kids are present! Don't get me wrong, I have no problem paying my way but when a paying customer has been given an agreement, the establishment should honor it regardless of whether or not a new employee feels indifferent. Whats next, make me pay more for the room they've allowed me to stay in just because of a new employee(s) mood that day? Maybe I'm just old fashioned and think naively. I wonder what the people at corporate feel about this? Maybe they don't care and this property gets sold for pennies on the dollar and gets bull dozed to the ground. Maybe My taking the time to write this makes a difference. Either way, I hope I have helped others who may consider the Budget Lodge off the I-17 as a place to rest their head during travels.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Roger Y

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Carpet is disgusting mattress is Terrible! Not well kept at all. Wifi doesn't reach to extended stay rooms if you can afford it go elsewhere! Don't waste your time. People constantly ask to bum cigarettes from you like harassment I would call it in the parking lot. Must wear shoes at all times in room because otherwise your feet turn black.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank rosiebaby24

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Ive been unfortunate enough to stay here the last four nights and each day gets worse. The rooms for the price are obviously not great the only problem is the staff. I was treated like a drug addicted criminal from the minute i walked in. Ive never been treated with that kind of lack of respect. I cant explain how rude the woman was and its not just her, the maintance man was creepy rude. I asked him for help and he stood there in silence because his selfesteem is so low he couldnt mustard up the courage to speak a disrespectful tone. Im going to put a stop to this kind of treatment. Hotel six is vastly superoir to this dump. Trust me and all the other reviews this place is not worth the five dollars u will save.

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank awandowicz
Denver, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was in Phoenix for a month to get some hiking done. I narrowed it down to three hotels in this area because the location is close to the hiking trails. The Budget Lodge is the worst hotel Ive ever saw in my life. No human being should ever stay at the Budget Lodge. I will give a brief review but the pics will speak for themselves. Do yourself a favor and run across the street to the Value Place hotel.

When I first walked in to the lobby I was impressed. Its completely remodeled and looks brand new. But thats where anything new about this place ends. Number one. The price outside says $33 a day and $118 a week. But they add fees for everything. There is a fee for the TV remote. You want a Microwave & fridge? It will cost you $18 a week. And it looks like something straight out of the 80's. The microwave actually plugs into the back of the fridge. There is a $15 fee to keep your bike in your room. A $5 key deposit. A $30 Linen deposit. And other fees I dont even remember. Once you add in all the fees in comes out to
about the same price as the Value Place across the street.

I usually wouldnt complain about customer service at cheap no frill hotels. But they were going out of their way to be rude to everybody. It was like what you see in a movie. She had the raspy voice and everything like she'd been smoking for the past 40 years. The people staying at the hotel are shady to say the least. A lot of drug addicts and pan handlers. You wont feel safe leaving anything behind when you leave for the day. Ive stayed at a lot of run down hotels
but this was the first time in my life I felt unsafe.

There is no wifi, or in room internet. If you dont know how to tether your phone to the web. You wont have any internet service. On a side note. If you have T-Mobile. You wont be able to get a signal. It cuts in and out. So you could also be without phone service.

The only good thing I can say is that after a lot of complaining I got my money back. They charged me for one night. Its a shame they let this place get so bad. A coupe pieces of drywall, new carpet, and some cheap Walmart furniture. And they would have a halfway decent hotel. But that probably wont happen. So stay away from this hotel at all cost.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank HuffyWalks
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

This place is a dump. Every person that worked there was rude. I had crack heads knock on my hotel door on multiple occasions late at night, to the point that i was afraid to stay another night. Paid for 5 days in advance. At the end of my stay I asked if this was the way they treated all of there customers and the manager started screaming in my face telling me to get the "[--]" off the property. I will never stay there again and have gone to the BBB and local newstations on this so called motel. Any one that is thinking about staying here please save yourself the safety and hazard of the people that work there and the homesless residence that they allow.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank bmckee333
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

These reviews are entertaining. This place really is a dump and the people that stay are comparable to the occupy wallstreet squatters. Even the writers of these reviews seem to be riding the caboose on the train of evolution. If you are staying there with your girlfriend she should be deformed or at least 300 pounds to fit in. Otherwise, you will probably get harrassed. If she is hot and/or you are bringing kids, make sure you have your .45 fully loaded, cocked and close. On the upside, if you are a cockroach, you get to stay for free as long as you like.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Bullpucky
Lagos
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

With the impression I got on the net I was disappointed particular as the hotel was not near the Pheonix Convention centre as was made to believe.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business