“This Hilton is absolutely fabulous!”

Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
Ranked #44 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We stayed at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak over Christmas for just a get away for our family. We didn't really have any plans once we got there. The staff was wonderful...probably the most helpful I've ever encountered...from the check in to room servce and especially the concierges. Erik went above and beyond to help us out with horse back riding, dining, shopping. My daughter wanted a microwave in the room and within minutes, we had a microwave! It was truly the delightful, stressfree vacation we all needed. Thank you so very much.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort

Reviewed December 27, 2010

The three of us stayed in a pure allergen free room, which was guaranteed to be pet/smoke free and included an air purifier. The two room suite was very good; the bathroom large.

Occupancy felt low over this Christmas break. Although we had guests on both sides of us, it very extremely quiet. The walls must be thick as you could barely hear the shower outside the bathroom.

Several pools including a complex sure to delight kids, including sport pools, a long slide and a lazy river . We stuck to the "boring" pool outside our room. It was perfect. Three pools of varying temps. Loved it.

"Resort pass " is offered for $3 for fitness, putting and other amenities. I'm not sure I would call this a resort; it was more like a deluxe hotel.

Would DEFINITELY stay again. Reasonable rates let you take in desert attractions.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed December 18, 2010

I stayed 3 nights in December during off season while I was in town for a meeting. The resort was a little quiet and it wasn't quite hot enough to lay out at the pool, but I had a nice stay.

If you don't have a car, the location is not the greatest. There isnt anywhere nearby that you can walk to. If you have a car, its a great spot. Right in the middle of Phoenix and easy access to anywhere you want to go.

I woke up early one morning and did the hiking trail that was nearby by myself. The concierge gave me a map, however the map was not very easy to follow. I walked thru a residential area and "guessed" a lot to get to the tunnel that goes under the freeway and up the mountain. I eventually found my way by asking a nearby apartment manager where I was suppose to go. The trail was nice and pretty easy, passed a few people walking their dogs. Great views of downtown Phoenix, but otherwise it was non eventful.

My room was nice and a great deal for $99 per night (off season and prepaid rate). I had a king bed suite and it had a seperate living room and large bathroom area.

I would definetely stay here again, during the summer I'm sure its a happening place.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 11, 2010

As far as a resort goes, the hotel was quiet and relaxing. Much of that could be attributed to us visiting in the off season but all the same the hotel was a nice retreat from the rest of Phoenix.
The spa was slightly outdated but the pool area was lots of fun.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2010

The wife and I are heading to Phoenix next week for a conference. The Tripadvisor reviews were great, so we decided to stay 1-day at Squaw Peak and the remaining three days at the "official" hotel chosen by the conference organizers. Well, not anymore. After a great conversation with the front desk agent, Sam, I booked our entire 4-day stay with Squaw Peak. I'll be sure to update everyone on the outcome of our visit. I have high hopes!

Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Can one person make the difference in your stay? YES! David, the Chief Concierge, did a great job. He treats everyone as if they are the only one at the resort and that they are the most important person there. All of the staff was great. They were always friendly and tried to do whatever they could to make our stay the best possible. The resort was clean and we always felt safe on the grounds. The pool areas were clean and kept in order. Service around the pool areas was just right. They were there but not in-your-face all of the time. The food was average in quality and quantity. Seemed like the service was a little slow at times in the resturants. Maybe because we were there to eat and run and not there to socialize.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2010

We have a family of 5 with 3 older children. We also have two people with special needs. One has autism and one is on a gluten free diet. They made every accommodation possible to make our stay perfect. Of course they couldn't make it warmer so we didn't get to use the wonderful pool area they have. The lazy river, pools, and recreational facilities, tennis and basketball and exercise room, looked great. But it was too cold to go in the water, even though it was heated. I have never met anyone at any hotel as accommodating as Carol. David and Eric, the concierges. They felt like family. Never felt like I was putting them out with all our special requests. Only con is that everything besides the rooms is fairly expensive. The restaurants, bars, gift shops, coffee, etc was pricey but there are a lot of fun places to eat in the area so you don't have to eat there. "The Hole in the Wall" restaurant manager, Tammy, did assure us there would be gluten free options for Thanksgiving which was very nice. We went to the spa at the Intercontinental Hotel nearby, I think it is called Joy Spa. I have been to many spas and nothing tops this. After your massage there is a "whisper room" you can go to and lay in the most comfortable beds and relax without any noise and drink tea or sleep, etc. It is great to be able to relax after a massage and not have to get up and go back to real life. You pay more for the services there but it includes the spa which has dry and wet saunas, terrace pool, etc. Treat yourself to this place. It is coed too so the guys can go. Also, the Ranger tours with AZ Hummer were very fun. You get to drive the Ranger and the guides.owners again were very accommodating to our needs. So if you ever take a trip to Phoenix stay here and tell them we say HELLO>

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family