Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
$67
Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$76
Hotels.com
$123
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Restaurant
$160
  • Restaurant
3,688 results
All reviewshole in the wallwater parkmini golflazy riverriver ranchbedroom casitacoyote campaunt chiladassports poolspring breakswim up barmain poolfamily vacationtennis courtslounge chairslarge poolliving area
Reviewed July 1, 2010

This is our second visit to Squaw Peak specifically to cool our heels on the Lazy River. In Mid-June we found the pool and 'river' to be crowded with kids and groups who banded together and made it much less restful than our previous visit in August. The staff who police these areas are very young and pretty much anything goes. We still enjoyed our trip, but will search for a less popular time slot in the future.

The rooms are lovely and clean, refridg, but no microwave. Coffee Maker worked fine tho. With the Suite, we had a livingroom, bedroom and balcony all of which we enjoyed. *bathing suits dry much faster outside. We were allowed 4 water park passes per day and our 22 yr old daughter and a friend were able to join us at no extra charge.

My husband was insulted to find there was a charge to look up a local business on the internet. However, all in all we enjoyed our stay and hope to return.

Reviewed June 28, 2010

Given the photos online, we thought this was going to be an excellent stay. However, it was crowded, the wait at the front desk was long, the rooms were smaller than they look online, the room window had two windows, both with views of opposing buildings' walls, there was no microwave, etc. etc. There was also the hole in the wall restaurant, which was a hokey restaurant with average food, but pretty pricey.

The worst things was that almost nothing was complementary. The internet, for example, cost $12/day, or you can go to the business suite and use their computers for 59c/min. The spa, although it looked nice, had services almost exclusively $100 and over. A 12-oz soda in the vending machine was $2, and a bottle in the gift shop was $2.50. It must have been making up for the relatively inexpensive room.

It wasn't the worst place I've ever stayed, it just looked so great online and turned out to be a bit disappointing.

1  Thank kunfushuss
Reviewed June 26, 2010

When we got into the room it was clean and well decorated, a perfect size. It was a two-story casita that had a medium-sized refrigerator and microwave in the kitchenette. The bed was very comfortable, I kept sleeping later than I wanted to!

There was a pool right next to our casita, and I was concerned about noise. But we never heard any outside noise at all, really.

The lazy river and main pool were a lot of fun, and my favorite was the water slide. All of the amenities at the hotel were satisfying. The Lentana Grill was great for buffet breakfast and the dinner we ate there was also delicious.

Last but not least, Eric the terrific concierge took care of our every need, he really made the experience at this hotel absolutely wonderful!

Reviewed June 23, 2010

This hotel and its property was great. It's not really set up for business travelers, however.

After work, when trying to relax outside, check emails and such, it was astounding how much noise people make. Families with very loud children were absolutely obnoxious. I think that some people forget that there is no need to yell or speak very loudly at all times. Also, the screaming by the children was uncalled for. Playing, having a good time, I understand. But for parents to allow children to just scream bloody murder, disturbing everyone else is just inconsiderate. I tried three different areas to avoid this type of event, but they were everywhere. I think parents just grow accustomed to the yelling and screaming and don't even realize what happens. I stayed on two occasions in June and this was common.

For this reason, I think the hotel should have an adult only/ business area where such events are limited. It would be much better for those of us who need a more subdued environment to work in and relax.

The staff was very kind and helpful when I needed assistance with business matters. I definitely commend the staff!

I would recommend this hotel for vacation only and for families, not couples wanting a nice getaway. They have a really great water park area that I saw but did not enter.

So this hotel definitely has its merits, but for those of us not wanting the uncontrolled shrieking - not a good idea. Parents - be parents!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We traveled to Phoenix to visit my husband's grandmother. The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak was wonderful! It is the perfect hotel for families. Our suite was great, I have no complaints. Every staff member we came in contact with was wonderful. The staff at the concierge desk was extremely helpful. The food at the Hole In The Wall restaurant was a little pricey but very good. My children enjoyed the water park and the pool outside our hotel room. We had a great experience at this hotel. We would definitely stay here in the future. The location is close to all major attractions.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family