“Business in Phoenix”

Ranked #44 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Nashville, United States
“Business in Phoenix”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great place to stay for business, good service and good amenities on site. Location is convenient to highway 51 with easy access and a straight shot to the airport. Staff very helpful and eager to assist with any needs.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Jose, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

1. Bellman exceptionally good. Helpful and caring. 2. Reception staff could care less. 3. Hole in Wall food terrible. 4. Rico's food great. 5. Observed fight at Rico's, in the dining area. Took 30 minutes to resolve. 6. Pizza boxes in bushes. Wine glasses in ash trays. 7. Was checked into room that was not cleaned. 8. Took 2 hours to get checked into room. Check in is at 4PM? If I stayed 2 hours over my checkout time I'm sure you would charge us. 9. Loved the pools. 10. Parking was impossible to find on the 5th. Policing of who has access to the water and water park is needed.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello Gregory R,

I appreciate your review. The holiday weekend was a particularily busy one so I apologize for any inconveniences you encountered. While I was happy to see positive marks in some areas, it was disappointing to know we fell short in others. I assure you all feedback we receive is important to us so, thank you for taking the time to share yours. We hope to have another chance to be of service to you in the future.

Regards,
Teri Agosta
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I came up here to celebrate my boyfriends birthday - we picked the hotel for the pool. The pools were great, overall good and helpful pool staff. I was told they didn't have an "18+" pool which definitely would've been nice to escape the splashing/yelling for awhile. The rooms are not as new as they look in the pictures though, they're clean but nothing special. It fit what we needed for the weekend, but if we were to go again we'd pick a different Hilton property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Flagstaff, AZ, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel was awesome! The River Ranch is super-fun for families, all accommodations were very nice. Clean. Rooms were very quiet. Pools everywhere! Location is great - restaurants abound. Our family will definitely stay here again.

El Paso, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We did not have to leave the hotel for anything. They have everything you need and are very attentive. The water park was a lot of fun and the main reason for our trip since we took our daughters. We went during the 4th of July weekend and it was very busy, however, we had a good time.

Surprise, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

For the price I paid the Room was very small , though it was very clean, it had a very strong cigarette smell in room… Also every time AC unit would start it would make load noise due to air filter was very dirty..

Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

My wife and two sons just stayed here on 7/12/14. Here are my critiques:
Check-in at 4pm is rather on the late side. When I walked into the lobby at 3:50pm, there was already a line about 20+ people long waiting to get checked in while 3 front desk workers took what seemed like an inordinate about of time checking each party in. I waited in line about half an hour to get checked in and by the time I was up, the line behind me and snaked almost out of the lobby. I noticed while I was standing in line that the lobby furniture was nice, but somewhat frayed, as if it was about 10 years old, and had not been replaced.
We finally made it to the room at about 4:45pm and had just enough time to unpack and make it to the River Ranch water park by about 5pm. The pool was very large and the waterfall at the pool was great, but there were so many people there, that there was not a single lounge chair for any of us. We found a bench in the bar area. Then, in the pool there were so many people, I couldn't help but wonder what percentage of this water was probably urine. I tried not to think about that, but I couldn't help but notice that while there were plenty of bar waiters keeping all of the adults liquored up with beer in hand, that there were Zero, and I mean ZERO lifeguards on duty. I noticed it because there were a few signs posted about no running, and no diving and whatnot. But that did not stop the unmanaged mob of drunk guests and immature kids. One adult was literally throwing kids across the pool (they were all having fun), and maybe that's ok for a backyard pool, but I had a two year old with me and I could see how this could be seriously dangerous not only for those kids but for other guests in the pool. Other kids were running, jumping into the pool, and I saw several near-misses which could have been very nasty if heads had collided. I tried my best to keep my kid out of harm’s way. My older 11 year old son had a great time on the lazy river and the water side. I did not do the water slide but I did do the lazy river once. It was very disorganized with no clear place of where you were supposed to get the inner tube. The inner tube itself was rather small, and when I first tried it out, it got stuck around my torso. Luckily with a lot of self-contortion, I freed myself. The lazy river itself was highly congested also. If you like a slow drift down what feels like a sewer canal with other people's feet in your face, then that's for you! For me.. I was not impressed. Later, when we got back to the room, we realized that there was an annoying gnat in the room. At first we thought it was just one. No... he had brothers... we discovered that the bathroom was literally infested with gnats, but by the time we realized that, we were already settling down for bed-time. I have a few bites on me today. Not that I slept much though. I had to call the front desk at about midnight because of a domestic disturbance taking place in an adjacent room with some other couple. My wife and I were shocked because (and no.. this was not the TV) the couple was having a downright violent and loud argument with a lot of screaming, hitting, throwing of things, and profanity. We could make out much of what they were arguing about and realized that the walls are pretty thin, but another reason why we could hear so much was because the rooms have balconies that are pretty much good for nothing other than a place to smoke (if you are so inclined), because all you'd see would be a parking lot. And much of this couple's domestic disturbance was on their balcony. We were seriously concerned, and I was half expecting stray gun bullets to start flying from that thing. Not the kind of thing you want to be hearing at midnight as you and your family are trying to sleep. I realize that the hotel cannot be fully responsible for rowdy guests but when I called the front desk - they said they'd send security. Security did eventually show up, and once they did, the drama immediately ceased. But that took about 30 minutes for them to show up. NOT GOOD!. Then today, checkout time was 11am. At 10:30am, we were almost all packed up, and we had the Do Not Disturb sign on our door, and we had not checked out yet, but Housekeeping just opened the door, and walked on in. Thankfully we were all dressed, but my wife was quite disturbed by that and said to them..."Uh... Checkout time is 11am... it's only 10:30am and we haven't checked out yet.". The Housekeeper said they'd come back. Again.. sloppy... sloppy... sloppy. We did finally check out at 10:55am via the TV Menu. Then, now when I got home I noticed that my credit card was charged about $22 more than the invoice. I called the front desk and they said that they over-authorize in case of any unexpected incidentals. He said that in a day or two it should normalize out. OK.. I totally get that part. But I did take the opportunity to tell him about a few of the negatives of our experience. He just listened and said he was sorry and that they'd look into the gnatt issue and that they aren't responsible for other loud guests. I didn't ask for anything. But he also didn't offer anything. Personally - I don't think I would ever stay there again, nor would I recommend that hotel to anyone. So I decided to write about it here. Take my advice. Stay somewhere else! :)

Room Tip: Stay away fromt his hotel
Hello Mr. Arnold,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our resort. Your loyalty to Hilton is valued. I appreciate your feedback about the pool/Lazy River and have forwarded your comments to our River Ranch manager so he may address the issues with his team. Our guests' safety is priority. We’re very sorry for the disturbance you experienced from neighboring guests. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking these comments into consideration as we continue to improve our guests' experience. We would appreciate the opportunity to make this right. Please contact the executive office at your earliest convenience. It is our hope you will allow us the chance to provide you a more positive experience in the future.

Regards,