“One night stay”

Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
Ranked #42 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed June 11, 2014

On our family spring break my family and I stopped off at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak.
2 Adults and 2 kids 6 and 9. We arrived at 2pm and they didn't have availability for early check in. They were able to upgrade us to a casita. Once we checked in we were able to the swing area. Hole in the Wall. My boys loved it. They had a great time in the pool, played games and hung out on the lazy river. Within an hour our casita was ready. The casita was ok. We only stayed one night so we didn't really need much. Saying that some of the tiles in the bathroom were broken. I needed to ask for extra blankets for the pull out sofa bed and the AC was a little noisy. The space in the casita was great. My boys liked having a 2 story hotel room. The casita had a front door and back door that lead to the parking space and private pool. Staff was very nice and help us greatly. After we arrived home we realized that my younger son left his favorite pillow pet behind :( We called and they had it shipped to us the same day. Live savers as my little guy was very happy to have his little friend home.

Room Tip: Check in early and go to the pool
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Janina-Funtimes
Write a ReviewReviews (3,576)

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Very fun for a staycation! The water park is fantastic! The staff is amazingly helpful and nice!! The hot tub next to the small pool was murky and green and they charge for EVERYTHING but if you're prepared for that its a fantastic resort.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Nicole L
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I first visited the Pointe in 1984 - and have been back every year (AT LEAST once, but often several times) since then. What's not to like? The casitas are like our home away from home, the staff is attentive and dedicated (although my confession is: I don't like the music by the pool as much as in the past - we even made our playlist called "Corny Pointe Pool Music").
We only go to the River Ranch for longer stays now, preferring the smaller pools near the casitas.
The Tocasierra Spa is a slice of heaven in the desert. Couples massage every time I come with my wife; when it's the kids, the Coyote Camp is great too.
But, what really makes this place tick is the Concierge - Dave. He is everything to everybody. I have seen him juggle three guests at once (one on the phone, and two in front of him), and giving each his FULL attention. Horseback riding? Dave. Recommendation for best restaurant? Dave. Rental car? Dave. Tickets to sold out ball game? Dave. Well, you get the idea.
We would rather be at the Pointe than the Waldorf=Astoria (Yes. True!), than the Hilton Hawaiian Village, than the Grand Wailea, or anywhere else.
That is all ...

Room Tip: By all means - spring for the 1000 square foot casita!
2  Thank Boeing767
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Hello Boeing767,
Thank you for taking the time to share 30 years of experience! Your loyalty to the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort is truly valued. I will be sure to share your lovely comments with our team, especially David. We look forward to many more years of welcoming you back "home"!
Regards,
Teri Agosta

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We rented three adjoining rooms for a family reunion. While we did enjoy the large comfortable common area, there were several problems that made the $180 a night per room we all paid frustrating and borderline embarrassing. Keep in mind, that the night we stayed wasn't even a peak night.

1) Found three large worms in one of the rooms - gross!
2) A/C in our room was poor and engineering said there was nothing they could do as the outside wall had full direct sun exposure. - Insulate the wall then!
3) One of our three rooms was 90 minutes late to be ready.
4) The lazy river was so crowded and slow, I just got out and walked.
5) There was no food and beverage service on the upper level of the lazy river area. Attendants could not be found and everyone just shrugged. Had to finally head down to the bar myself to get cocktails and find someone to help me carry them back as there were no trays. Give me a break!
6) The pool area itself is in poor condition - broken and missing tiles. Unsightly.
7) The big pool closed at 8 and the smaller accessory pools - one at 10 and one at 11. When you are just finally getting into your room at 4-5 PM and have to check out the next morning by 11, that is not a lot of time to be able to use the grounds at $180 a night per room.
8) Wanted to use the complimentary hand cream at the check-in counter and one of the staff members asked me to move away from her while I applied it as she was allergic to fragrance. Then she moved the cream under the desk so we couldn't access it.
9) It would be nice to have someone offer to take us to our rooms to show us where they were as the buildings were not numbered from the parking lot and it was HARD to find our building. Maps are really worthless.
Finally, we have stayed here before but things have gone downhill. We felt rushed and definitely not pampered. We will NOT be back.

1  Thank Cathy-Sal
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I often stay here for extended business trips, often bringing my children especially in the summer months. This property has it all. A beautiful gym and fitness facility, great group of restaurants, and the water park is a hit with the kids. The room was large and spacious. Well equipped for a long stay. The housekeeping were excellent as well. The pool would get rowdy at times but otherwise the pools are beautiful and well maintained.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dumontave15900
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My boys (8 and 4) and I stayed here for a last minute staycation. We had a blast! Arrived around 3 and checked in to a comfortable 2 queen bedroom; not sure about the thread count, but they were comfy womfy...We headed straight to the River Ranch and ordered some chow. After a couple hours of the water slide, lazy river, and pool, it was time to call it a night. After waking up early, we headed to Rico's American for eggs and French Toast. Needless to say, it was time for the River Ranch again. When my children are happy, I am happy...
Just a lot of fun in the AZ fun...Oh, and some of the views were outstanding!
Can't wait to return.
Didn't utilize the spa services or Coyote camp, so I'm unable to comment.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to know you found your accommodations comfortable, the views outstanding, and the River Ranch enjoyable. Should your travels bring you back to the Valley of the Sun, we hope you'll come visit again!
Regards,
Teri Agosta

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Tom & pool Bar made our day but other than that all a miss! Pool area needs work on, not taken care of, missing tiles around pool,cleanness of area is not picked up, food baskets & drinks laying around,dont expect servers to get your drinks you have to get them yourself.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family