“Happy family!”

Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
Ranked #44 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“Happy family!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

From the first minute of our stay we felt very welcome! The check-in with Chris was easy and very friendly! Thx to the concierge for asking if we would need a booking for the dinner. The room has old designed furnitures, but they are still in good shape. The "River Ranch" is so much fun and we really enjoyed all the amenities :) All staff members all over the resort are attentive, friendly and even welcome you separately (very lovely!). Parking is easy, internet fast and our toddler girl was treated like a princess ;) Thank you for the great experience we made with you!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Allen, Texas
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed here for a testing conference. It was a beautiful resort. My room was clean, the bed was comfortable. The food was really good, the staff friendly. The fridge in my room didn't work but other than that, it was awesome. If you have time hike the Piestewa Peak before you leave, gorgeous views of the valley.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I normally take my family to the Arizona Grands resort for weekend stay-cations to enjoy the water park. This time I tried the Squaw Peak but based on our overall experience, we will stick with the Grands. This hotel has no staff oversight at the water park, which meant the lazy river, which should be relaxing, was full of kids shouting, splashing, swimming through the river, stacking up tubes to block tunnels, etc., all of which are clearly against the posted rules, but of course there were no staff around to enforce the rules. The young men in the room next to us were up til 5am playing music and smoking pot, the smell of which drifted into our room because of the adjoining door. Yes, I could have requested a room change, but I didn't really want to pack my family up and move rooms at midnight. This issue was reported to the hotel at checkout, but they didn't seem to care. Hotel breakfast buffet is not cheap, which I know is the norm, but the food was cold and tasteless (except for the made to order omlets). Food at the water park is very over-priced for what you get. Finally, we were given a room on the first floor, which meant our patio area consisted of a high fence that faced the parking lot-- not exactly the kind of place you want to sit and hang out. If you go, request a room on an upper floor so you can at least have a normal balcony with a view. I do appreciate that the rooms are like mini suites with a door that closes off the bedroom from the living area, so we can stay in one room and the kids can stay in the other room on the pull-out sofa.

1 Thank Sarah D
Tucson, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was disappointed for the price I paid at what I found in the cleanliness of the bathroom. I was discussed. It looked like they did not clean it at all. I expected more from Hilton and was disappointed. They did not compensate me or do anything to make up for it. A cleaning lady did come to clean it but it was caked on and dried and she did not manage to get all off it off so again, I was discussed to have to use a bathroom that had feces still left on it.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area. Please accept my apologies for the condition of your bathroom. We know our guests deserve better and this clearly did not meet your expectations. I assure you our team will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. We hope you will give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.

Regards,
Teri Agosta
Parker
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel is old and looks nothing like the picture in the brochure or online. The location is near a highway, but the ease of getting around town is terrible; it is not a good location. The restaurant is the best part of the hotel, however, everything else is average, or below average. I do not recommend this hotel if you are looking for a resort experience.

Springfield, Oregon
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect at this older Phoenix resort. My expectations were exceeded. The conference facilities were truly first-class and the rooms were fabulous ... updated, spacious and very comfortable. The grounds were appealing and well maintained. The site's convenient central location allows easy access to the area's cultural amenities and physical wonders.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Branchburg, New Jersey
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was our fourth stay since April, and again we were not disappointed. We went to the pool and the lazy river every day. It was very relaxing and enjoyable. The food at Rico's is great. We ate there every morning and had the buffet breakfast. We ate there one night and I had the salmon and my husband had a hamburger. Both were outstanding, Also, the calamari was the best we've ever had. Housekeeping was outstanding. Yes, the resort is in need of some renovations and updating. The carpeting in our room was in dire need of a shampoo. The computers in the lobby were slow. However, overall, our stay was great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travellers. I'm very happy to see your loyalty to our resort! We value our repeat guests and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Regards,