“Nice Experience”

Ranked #44 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Scottsdale, United States
“Nice Experience”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Generally, a very positive experience. Great water park and would be a great place for families. Busy during the holiday weekend but the resort & park handled the crowds well. Planning to return for a 3 family weekend. Our room was in need of refurbishing - but was clean and neat, staff was responsive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
El Paso, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Come and visit the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort in Phoenix, AZ. You get the best suite, great restaurants, water park, and family centered entertainment packaged in a stay you will never forget. The rooms are very nice and you get a lot for money you pay to stay there. I highly recommend it as a reasonable escape to go and relax. Beds are very comfortable and you are guaranteed a good night sleep every night you stay there. So consider this for your next family vacation.

Ashland, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Squaw Peak Hilton was my home away from home while I was working in Phoenix, Az for 6 weeks. My experience was wonderful from the pool staff to the restaurants to the front desk. Everyone was polite and friendly and willing to assist me with whatever I needed. Right before I went to AZ I broke my leg, so I needed special attention and the hotel staff was more than happy to comply. They moved my room to the lower level by the pool and provided me with shuttle service for transportation. I was very please with the hotel staff who made me feel right at home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Porter, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Family took a 4 day get-a-way to this Hotel for some fun and relaxation. We had a lot of fun even though it was the fourth-of-July holiday. I have stayed here before and they always treat us great. Tuesday & Wednesday there was very little people there we floated around the lazy river and relaxed, kids had fun on the water slide. During the 4th & 5th the pool did get a bit more crowded but we moved pools to a closer one buy our room. I think they may have been letting outside people in if they paid which made it much more over packed. Oh well if you go on vacation over a holiday you should except it. Rooms were nice and clean, I think it may be time to upgrade or remodel some of the rooms. Grounds were kept nice and people were very welcoming. Would stay again, kids had a blast.

Room Tip: I would go early in the week, less people, also try and go during off season
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Hello TexasJohn22,
Thank you for this considerate review and your loyalty to our resort. I'm happy to know you and your family were able to relax and fully enjoy the facilities. Please be assured our pools are for the exclusive use of our resort Guests and not open to the public, especially during the holiday weekends due to our high level of occupancy. Thank you again for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back.
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed for two nights in July 2013 at this property. I stayed in a casita - basically a small 2 bedroom condo/townhouse.

Property: Big - mix of hotel and casita living. One very large pool area (aka the water park) and a bunch of small pools around the property. Some ok (but well over sold) dining options. Over priced usual resort fare and snack items. Packed parking everywhere.

Casita: Nice size. Would be outstanding for a family. The covered parking was almost impossible to use at our casita due to the inconsiderate neighbors and tight sqeeze design. THe rooms were clean and pleasant...though dated certainly acceptable.

People: A ton of small kids - young parents drinking at the bar and taking care of their kids by pretending they were not screaming for more food or a raft rental.

Staff: Attentive and friendly.

Overall: This place is fine for the right group. That group would not include me. I am a loyal Hilton Diamond and should have stayed at the Embassy Biltmore or the Waldorf Biltmore.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hello LeaveFromPa,
Your loyalty to Hilton Hotels is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback regarding your recent visit. I'm glad to know you found your accommodations spacious and comfortable. It is my hope you will reconsider and allow us another opporunity in the future.
Arizona
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the second time we stay for the 4th of July weekend. Although a lot of people and very crowded. The resort and and staff is excellent. Room in front of pool as requested. See you next year, or sooner :)

• Stayed July 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Spent two nights there and enjoyed every minute. So many pools to choose from. It was a busy weekend but we checked in with no delay. Our room was right around the corner from the front desk, right by one of the pools. Parking was plentiful. River Ranch was a blast- just a short walk from our building. We must have cruised the lazy river more than 5 times- recommend going a little later in the afternoon/early evening- not a sweltering and a little lazier. Lots of good restaurant choices in the area. The Gold Hilton Honors breakfast vouchers were different but went a long way- 3 items from the Starbucks per voucher. Overall, excellent accommodations and from what my kids said, we will be returning for another weekend getaway.

Hello katlifa,
I'm happy to know you and your family enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.