“Beautiful hotel, excellent staff!!!”

Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
Ranked #43 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I was truely blown away by the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak. I was on an American adventure on my own and was really nervous about dodgy hotels and navigating my way around the cities I was visiting. Phoenix was my first stop and I almost died when I got to the hotel, it was absolutely beautiful! The front desk staff were so friendly and as the concierge was not at the desk at this time they took notes on where I wanted to go and had brochures sent to my room. Later in my trip I was able to take the brochures to the concierge who helped me with maps and pointed out the best things to see/do while in the city, as well as helping me with public transport enquiries and booking drivers for me to get in and out of the city. The restuarant on site was absolutely delicious. Carol was an absolute superstar, the rest of the staff were wonderful and the hotel was immaculate! I will definitely be returning!!! It was the highlight of my trip and I would reccomend it to anyone!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (3,574)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great family destination! Kid friendly, great pools, slide, and lazy river. Everyone working was extremely helpful and accommodating. Spoke to Guest Relations prior to our arrival to request a room close to River Ranch, the same person checked us in and remembered my call. Got a great suite, exactly what I needed with my children. Utilized the Coyote Camp in the evening for my children, and have used it before and it's amazing! The staff at the Coyote Camp are so wonderful, well worth the cost and it includes lunch or dinner (as much as a babysitter may be). Each time my children leave with adorable crafts and having so much fun! Miss Jane even took them out for ice cream, and remembered them from the last time we visited (last summer). Gives the kids a nice break, in the day from the sun and heat, or evening for adults to grab dinner. I used my time to visit the spa for a pedicure, it was a great experience, as well. The resort isn't huge, but with younger children I'm not looking for a small city. I enjoy the location, especially for families. I don't feel like my children are not tolerated by the other guests because it is definitely a younger crowd. And, my children had kids their ages to play with.

Room Tip: If you plan on using the pool, request a room close to River Ranch, or facing interior. You do have...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Hello Lauren L,
Your feedback on TripAdvisor is greatly appreciated. I'm delighted to know you and your family enjoyed your time with us again, and were able to take advantage of many of our amenities and facilities. I hope to welcome you back next summer!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The pools were dirty, and beer cans lined the lazy river. Buckets of beer were on the sides of pools. Not the family friendly experience I expected. If you want your kids to float around with drunk adults, this is your place. The shower barely worked in the room, and just the room itself was average at best. Yes, like others have commented, you do feel like you are being nickled and dimed from start to finish. Thankfully we stayed here at the end of our vacation. It was a bitter disappointment to an otherwise great vacation in Arizona. If you have a family, please think twice about this place.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank bkkhpw

Hello bkkhpw,
Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations. Our River Ranch and Security teams are aware of your experience; emphasizing the importance of providing our guests a safe, comfortable atmosphere. It's unfortunate we were not able to provide you a more positive experience but I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

As a business traveller i see many hotels, this one was a big mistake. I booked two nights and left after the first. The staff was pretty useless and everytime i called the front desk i was put on hold for five minutes. Hordes of kids running around the property. The AC fan in my room was so loud I was forced to turn it off to get a night's sleep. But the best was yet to come....trimming of trees in the parking lot, right on top of my car, saw dust everywhere with debris dragged off when finished.... A very poor excuse for a resort carrying the Hilton name.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank msemrad

Thank you, msemrad, for taking the time to share your feedback. It's disappointing to know we fell short of providing you a more positive experience. Our team members strive to make it right when issues arise so I'm sorry we weren't able to resolve the incident you encountered prior to your departure. Your satisfaction is very important to us so please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations. We would appreciate another opportunity in the future should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed for a couple days in Phoenix and after much debate elected for this property because of the pool area & casita option! The casita was perfect...request 3054 if you are doing a one bedroom...the location is perfect for small kids!! We had the large pool complex outside our front door and a small pool outside our back door. The casita was very clean and no hotel noise!!! The fitness center was fabulous!!! This resort is not for adults wanting peace & quiet...it is definitely a kid place!!!!! The staff was courteous and concierge was helpful. We would definitely return with kids if in the area!

Room Tip: Casita 3054 is a one bedroom with two doubles and a sleeper sofa...perfect location for small kids w...
1  Thank LivingIsGood

Hello LivingIsGood,
Your review is greatly appreciated. I'm happy to know you enjoyed the fitness center and found your casita comfortable. They are a unique, spacious accommodation - a favorite of many guests. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

No matter whether we were working out in the gym or swimming in the pool or taking it easy on the Lazy River, we had fun. We have two favorite waitresses at Rico's, Phyliss and Stacia. They are the best. They made us feel like we were so special. We had a terrific time.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We've stayed here in the past with our family. Accommodations have always been clean, comfortable. Kids LOVE the pool/waterslide. Have stayed in a room, suite, and a 2-bedroom casita. All have been comfortable. We'll return for a weekend away next year!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello Sharon U,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. Your loyalty to our resort is valued, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.