“This was our 3rd stay here.”

Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
Ranked #44 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“This was our 3rd stay here.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have stayed here 3 times now so I you can guess that we like it. The water park is a nice addition for the family. It is a great place to stay that is not too far out of the way but the traffic isn't a problem either.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hello Tara B,
Your loyalty to our resort is greatly appreciated. Thank you for the kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back for a 4th visit!
Teri Agosta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tucson
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is the place if you're in need of total relaxation and fun. On a beautiful property surrounded by palm trees and mountain views, this resort offers kids a whole lot to do and adults can rest, relax, eat, drink and be merry! The pools are fabulous! The lazy river is a favorite---that's why I keep coming back. The River Ranch is awesome, though there a lot of kids.
The suites are nice, clean and comfortable.
A couple of things I would have liked:
a microwave in the room, larger coffee packs, snacks or lemonade around the pools and continental breakfast.
Overall, a great value for a great A-Cation! I come here often.

Room Tip: It's kind of noisy around the elevators/vending machines. Best on the 2nd floor. Casistas are ex...
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were meeting some family for a mini vacation for the kids to place in the water park and called and asked for an early arrival. We received a non-committal promise. When we arrived around 2 (normal check-in is 4), the check-in line was pretty long and I was assisted by the "supervisor" who told me my room wasn't ready and they would call my cell when it was. I asked if I could check-in now and pick up my keys when they were ready to avoid the line and he said no, BUT if I am here step over to the side and I will assist. At 3 the room was ready and the wait started again. For such a big place they had two employees working the front desk at check-in. I felt like I was at one of those mid-tier all inclusive joints in the Bahamas, where they look at you with the "what are you gonna do about it" look.

After checking in, I received no map or instructions but got help from one of the bell men. The property is overwhelmingly huge, which means, long walks... from the car to your room, to get ice, to the lobby and to the River Ranch, which is the water park.

Entering the River Ranch, you would think you are being admitted to work in a diamond mine, security checks your bags so you don't bring in any outside food or drinks (captive audience), then you give your room number, name and get checked against the computer and are given wristbands and towels, but again no information or instructions.

Arriving at the park at 4pm on Saturday is like arriving at Walmart on Christmas eve - pure mayhem.... The chairs are littered with wet, discarded towels, beer bottles and cups are strewn about and leftover lunches scattered around - mmmm congealed nachos.

The other interesting thing about the River Ranch (the water park) is there are NO LIFEGUARDS), but there are a lot of waiters and other staff monitoring the exits. All in all, the park is a pretty good time, with a water slide, waterfall, lazy river, basketball hoop and volley ball nets. The following morning, arriving at 9 am, it was quiet and pleasant and enjoyable...as we floated along the lazy river, we saw all the beer bottles, cups and food that was never cleaned up from the day before. One round of drinks was almost half the cost of my room.

When you make a reservation and you list 4 guests in a room, wouldn't you think you would get 4 towels? We had two and I chased down housekeeping for two more.

I'm thinking they book this place up pretty good, conferences, weekenders, etc... that they just place an asterisk next to it, and give it a pass for expecting it to live up to the Hilton standard.

1 Thank Eyeballs
Sedona, AZ
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Oh my -- cannot imagine ever going back to this hotel. But if you like wall-to-wall summer stay-cationers, hordes of rowdy, noisy kids and generally mediocre (Rico's) to bad (Hole-In-The Wall) food, then you might enjoy this place. But do NOT, under any circumstances, book a studio at the Casitas. My room was so small that I felt claustrophobic. If it hada patio or balcony, as I somehow thought it was supposed to, it might have been bearable. But it did not. Except for the crowded pool areas, there is nowhere to sit outside if you don't have your own space -- definitely nowhere quiet. I wanted to enjoy and contemplate the full moon and finally had to sit on a sidewalk by a green space (the grass was wet). Even then, some pre-teens ran screaming
by at one point. The one saving grace was Rico's Backyard, a space adjacent to the bar, that was kid-free (except when they walked noisily through to the restaurant) and mostly people-free, too, because of the heat. The decent house wine and a fabulous small indulgence dessert (Cookies & Crème) I enjoyed there put me a better frame of mind. Also on the positive side were the friendly and attentive staff (except some young employees at the Hole-In-The-Wall). The bed was comfortable and I appreciated the quiet air-conditioning. Didn't understand the placement of the TV on a side wall -- it didn't swivel so it was almost impossible to watch in bed --and nowhere but the bed to watch it due to the tiny nature of the room. There are many resorts around the Phoenix/Scottsdale to stay -- try them first!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hello, sedonagirl99. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your overall expectations, as guest experience is our goal. The Valley resorts are a staycation destination for many Arizona residents during the summer months. Providing a welcoming atmosphere for all our guests is essential in providing a more positive experience. Your feedback is appreciated and I hope the next time you're in the area you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night last week, and believe me, it was one night too long. First let me start by saying I am a diamond level Hilton Honors member. This means that I see a lot of different hotels etc. To begin, the front desk staff was very self centered and cared nothing about the customer. I have a family of five and reserved a Quenn suite with a pullout. They placed us in their North Tower. The North Tower had no security, no shops, no employees, and was extremely dirty. There was a party going on where at least 8 teenagers were hanging out on the balcony, and more of them were engaged in rude behavior at the pool. BTW, the pool bar was the only sign of an employee, which leads me to believe that the managent of this property chooses to enhance the atmosphere for underage parties. Also, when my family returned from the river pool, which was nice btw, there was a "maintenance" man repairing our bathtub. He said he was following up on an issue reported where the drain was slow. After he said he must have had the wrong room, I tested the drain and it was working fine. The last nail in the coffin was when we checked out and expressed out displeasure, the front desk staff was condescending. Don't go to this hotel if you like any level of service or class. It is horrific.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Tom R
Hello, Tom R. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdivsor. Your loyalty to Hilton is greatly appreciated. Although I'm glad to know you enjoyed the River Ranch pool facility, I am disappointed to know your overall experience was not more positive. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Our security team's objective is to provide a safe environment for our guests. Inappropriate activity and language by our guests is not tolerated and would be addressed when brought to our attention. Please accept my apologies for this. If you would like to further discuss your experience, please contact my office directly. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

It is a beautiful property overall and our room was very nice - the mattress was the best I've slept on in a long time... The water park was fun, but the lazy river was littered with beer cans, cups and bottles all alongside it... gross... they never got picked up during the full week I was there.

The internet is an extra fee and it is slower than molasses... and my husband was there for a conference and had difficulties completing his work on the network. So I would say it is absolutely not worth purchasing...

Security seemed to be incapable of handling anything... there was a major crime wave on the property while we were there. Phoenix PD was there daily, multiple times... with multiple vehicles. That doesn't look good to guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Centralgirl
Hello, Centralgirl. Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know you found your room to be welcoming and comfortable. However, I was disappointed to learn of the challenges your husband experienced with the internet connection, and the condition of the Lazy River. Please accept my apologies for this and know it is being addressed. Regarding the police presence on property, although, on occasion they are here on official business, more often than not they are taking their lunch break in our team member cafeteria. We value our relationship with our local law enforcement and welcome them at the resort. Providing our guests a safe and secure atmosphere is essential so my apologies if the police presence was disconcerting. I hope you will consider visiting us again in the future.
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at the Pointe Hilton Squaw peak Resort as a treat on our last night on an 8 day road trip. We weren't disappointed. the wonderful desk staff upgraded us to a lovely casita that was very close to the water park. The water park could have kept our kids entertained for days. The miniature golf was an added bonus. There were also hourly activities in the pool area for the kids.

We were there in June, off season, so it was not crowded at all. The rates were also more reasonable for this reason, but the pool area is such a lovely place to stay cool, and the rooms are nicely air conditioned, so why not go in off season?

The downside to the resort was their lack of places to eat. Because it was off season, the one pool side restaurant was closed, and we had to leave the property to find both breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello jewellbox_07, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm very happy to know you and your family had such a positive experience during your visit. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Please come see us again soon!