“Review of Customer Service”

Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
Ranked #42 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I really wanted to stay here. . . but was unable to. But I want to thank Charlotte and Sharon in the Customer Service Department for handling an issue with my cancellation.

I had to call the hotel a couple of times to get this resolved and everyone with whom I spoke was friendly, professional and extremely helpful Now I really, really want to stay here!!

If the customer service they provide in person is anywhere near what they provide via telephone I can imagine this is a wonderful, relaxing place where anyone would feel very pampered!

Thank you!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Hello Peggy M,
I appreciate your considerate comments regarding our team members and will be sure to share this feedback with them. Hope to welcome you to the resort in the near future.
Regards,
Teri Agosta

Write a ReviewReviews (3,574)

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Tired property with poor customer service. Easy family vacation as casitas, kids camp and water park but know what you are getting.

Ladies at kids camp are terrific. Our kids love their time there every day.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed as a family- (2 older teenage boys) for the first week of April, 2013. We had a regular suite on the second floor very near the courtyard swimming pool. There was plenty of room for four adult-sized people to move about for four days.
We found the staff at the hotel to be very friendly and accommodating. The gift shop was nice, if a little pricey (which is to be expected). They gift shop carries beer, wine, premixed margaritas, and they also had a Starbucks. The concierge and all of the desk help were very cordial.
Our room was clean, and had very nice bedding. There were only two minor problems. One was that the toilet was not working properly, and my boyfriend was able to fix it. The second was that the carpet in our room smelled as if pets had stayed there and urinated. The hotel staff had the carpet cleaned that day, but we still noticed a lingering smell.
Overall, I would say that this is a very nice place to stay, and would return to the resort. My sister, who lives in the area, visited us on a few of the days that we stayed, and is considering the resort for a "staycation" this summer.
Three members of our party utilized the spa, and had a good experience with our massages, but I felt misled in that I thought we would each be given a discount, but only one discount is allowed.
As others have stated, If you expect to have a lounge chair at the "water park" pool, you must be an early bird!

Room Tip: A room near the courtyard swimming pool, with a balcony is ideal.
1  Thank LisaRx88
Reviewed April 9, 2013

First off the place wasn't bad. There is a water park and there were tons and tons of families. I was there for work so not the environment I was really looking for haha. We had the smallest room which is "pretty" small I must say. The TV was mounted to the side of the bed on the wall up pretty high (made it kind of hard to watch). The bed was great and I had no problem sleeping. The AC worked great! Good water pressure out of the shower with plenty of hot water. Nice shampoo and soap provided by the hotel with plush towels. One thing that really bothered me is that on the backside of the property where my room was there was a little tiny ditch, or creek or something. I could not even step out on my patio at night because of the multitude of mosquitos from the sitting water. The hotel property is very large, with the water park and a couple of places to eat. There are a few cool spots within walking distance as well. You can check out my other reviews regarding those locations. Not sure if I would stay here again just due to the room size and the family environment (dont have kids yet!). But as with some of my other reviews this may be perfect for others. If you have any questions please feel free to message me. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TheTripandTravel
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This property is nice, just be prepared like many resorts in the Phoenix area it was built a long time ago and is older. Rooms have been updated and are nice, however the furniture for the most part has not been updated with renovations in bathroom and bedding. We arrived very late in the evening due to snow delays, however even though no upgrades to a casita were available the staff put us in a nice room in the north tower 10 steps from the pool. Perfect for a family with two young daughters.

The resort overall is very nice-the grounds were immaculate, the pools lots of fun and the food (we went to hole in the wall and a bbq lunch and had supper at Rico's) was very good-service at hole in the wall was exceptional! The big draw of this resort is the waterpark, which has something for everyone. The staff here were friendly, helpful and accomodating to all of our requests. Just know-you need to get there early if you would like to have a chair to sit in. This is a very popular part of this resort.

The location is nice and close to a new Sprouts natural grocery store, a McDonalds, a Starbucks, Italian food place, sushi place, Subway and also close to highway access. Getting around the Phoenix area from here easy and seamless.

For an older property, this resort is doing a great job, has friendly staff, good restaurants, several pool options and a waterpark. If you come here you could just get a good book, sit in the sun, float in the lazy river, swim with your kids/grandkids and never leave the property. There is so much to do and see you may not have enough time.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first floor in either north or south tower to be close to the pool and hot...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Proudcsuram
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We spent three nights here in April 2013 with our children, aged 9 and 11, in a one bedroom (2 queen) suite for which we paid $189/night. The positives: the location is easy to find, the River Ranch has a variety of activities that our kids really enjoyed, the mini-golf and basketball courts are a nice addition to the pool area, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Wifi worked in our room.

The negatives: the resort itself feels old and tired. I'm surprised it is a Hilton, as it definitely feels less luxurious than some of their lesser brands. Our room (2330) was in the South Building near the River Ranch, which was convenient, but we had a tiny patio that looked out over the parking lot. The housekeeping supply room was right across the hall, so every time we came out, their cart was in the way. Room was clean, but SMALL, and the first night we were there, an all night party went on in the room above us which kept us up all night (although, other than that, we didn't hear much noise). The resort was VERY crowded which made finding chairs at the pool tricky as people just leave their stuff and reserve chairs for the day. We played tennis one day and the courts are old and barely maintained, but as the hour was included in our $18/day resort fee, I guess it didn't matter much.

Food: we ate lunch at the pool one day and it was good enough. Didn't try out the Hole in the Wall restaurant after reading the terrible reviews on Yelp. Did find a wonderful Italian place right across the street called Tutti Santi, which was AMAZING! Similarly, a great taco place nearby called Los Taquitos -- cheap and really, really good.

In sum, a fun waterpark resort for kids, but my guess is that there are other options in the Phoenix area that offer fun for kids with a nicer environment for the adults. We won't be back.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor to avoid noise from upstairs neighbors.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Suite hotels are always great for vacations because of the extra room. Since we were traveling with another family, this place was no expectation - it's always nice for the kids to have somewhere to sit and play games or watch tv that isn't a bed. Our room was actually right outside one of the courtyard pools on the first floor. I was a little worried that it would be noisy, but once the door closed - that's it! Very little sound filtered through.

The size of the room itself was ok. I like that there are doors between the bathroom and living room, then a sliding door between the bathroom and bedroom. It would be perfect if one of the queen beds wasn't sticking halfway into the doorway. Come to think of that, there may be an egress problem there. The beds were comfortable, and once we called the maintenance guy to fix the A/C, the temperature was good as well. The terrace outside was very cozy, It would be nice if there were partitions between balconies/terraces so I could sit in relative privacy.

The room itself was clean, but there was an old box of cereal left in the pantry area, which was also dusty. Obviously that part of the room doesn't get much attention. The room came with only 3 bath towels for a family of 4. The one day I asked for more towels and got them. The second day I forgot to ask and ended up with only 2! Perhaps I didn't tip enough? :-)

The water park area is very nice, but you have to go "reserve" loungers first thing in the morning if you're expecting to sit down there anytime before 3pm. That part was really annoying. I would almost wish they had assigned seating or something (you know - each room gets assigned 2 loungers by number).

Overall the stay was pleasant. I would consider staying here again, but I would also look into other places that may have a better value for my hard-earned dollars.

1  Thank pixieprincess925