“February in Phoenix”

Ranked #45 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Saint Charles, Missouri
“February in Phoenix”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a sprawling property in the midst of a residential area. Don't know which was there first. Check out Google maps to see what I mean. This is a plus in that I was within walking distance of Bank of America (across the street) , Walgreens (for booze) and several shops and restaurants about 7/10'th of a mile up the road. The weather was warmer than average and I took a walk to the State park about 2 miles away. The property has the two main buildings that have individual outside access rooms and another area that has longer term "condo" style places. I did not visit the large pool area or the shop area. Very friendly staff and overall good price for our group rate.

Room Tip: I had a corner room near the stairs and backed up to the parking lot. I did not hear any noises even...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Middletown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We travelled to Phoenix in November, 2012 and stayed at the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort. I have travelled quite extensively and this resort has one of the best concierges I have ever come across. His name is Eric Sofield. We had a relatively large group and he even made arrangements for several vehicles to pick us up at the front door. Eric even had made arrangement at some of the restaurants for appetizers to be delivered to our group. He was very knowledgeable about all the restaurants in the area.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I recently stayed at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort for a SHRM Regional Summit meeting. The resort is nestled at the foot of Squaw Peak, in the Phoenix Mountains...a beautiful location.

The sprawling complex contains a mini golf course and a the River Ranch area where you can float in an inter tube down the a winding waterway (man made). There is also a water slide and several pools. I noticed while taking a walk that there are also individual "casas" that you can rent.

It was in February when we visited and a bit chilly so we didn't get to do the pool scene. I might have tried it but was in meetings during the day when it was warmer. Our group, did however, have a mini golf tournament. That was a lot of fun.

The place was a great area for a conference. The meeting rooms were ample and served our purpose. The good was wonderful! We had one lunch meeting outside and it was very pleasant sitting in the sun. We were served a delicious chicken salad and the dessert was wonderful!

We also saw an outdoor Hindu wedding while there. It was beautiful! Our suite was well appointed with a balcony. The room reminded me more of an Embassy Suite room than a Hilton room. You must enter the rooms from the outside and each area is surrounded by a courtyard. I like the fact that the hotel area was a different color than the conference area. This helped from getting lost!

Glendale
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I felt as if costs were not disclosed and I was over charged. No matter how wealthy you are no one likes to feel cheated. It really inhibited enjoyment of the place- it is hard to relax when your host is like an enemy! PS--I did not travel on date listed- my date was not an option and I picked one at random

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dan1dan12
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We spent three nights at this hotel and enjoyed it. Layout of the place is a bit confusing, but bell hop had us follow him to room late at night which was much appreciated. Staff was always very attentive and friendly at front desk, pool, and in stores. Loved having extra room in the villas and the pool complex was great. Slide, lazy river, and pool all much used and loved. Room was a little warn with some paint chipping and the bathroom upstairs could be updated especially fans which were really loud, but overall nice and accommodating property for families

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Yellowknife NT
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This resort was a disappointment. We arrived around 7pm with three kids and a load of hockey gear. We traveled from the NWT, Canada for a Hockey Tournament, and looked forward to all the amenities since the cost per night was so high. After checking in, and being advised that there was a "resort fee" on top of a $200/night charge but the fee was waived (translation - not waived but rather don't have to pay and can't use services even through it costs $200/night) we were sent over to our building and assured that someone would help with our bags. No one showed up and all bag carts were LOCKED to the wall. We lugged all our bags up and all the hockey gear as well as a baby, a four year old and thank goodness we have a 9 year old that can carry bags. Wi-fi was an additional charge, there were only 2 glasses, etc, etc. There were extra charges for late check outs and again no carts available at check out. Arizona seems like there could be some beautiful spots but this is one hotel that we will not stay in again. Enough with the charging for every little thing! We actually chose to not spend any additional money at the hotel spa, restaurant etc because of all the additional daily costs just to enjoy the hotel. I would have happily (as planned) dropped over $200 at your spa if you didn't try to nickle and dime me for everything else.

Room Tip: Pool is in the courtyard so you can hear everything, try to get a room a little further awayl.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Naidoo_Budgell
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here for four nights for a conference. The staff is friendly, everything is clean, and the suite is super comfy. I also went to the spa because its too cold for pool time. I have had many, many massages and I must say the deep tissue by Joan was one of the best ever. And the price was very reasonable. I highly recommend it! I also hiked up Squaw Peak...wow, what an experience. You must be able to hike rugged terrain and you will love the view at the top. It took about an hour.

1 Thank JackieF346