“Conference”

Ranked #46 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Warrensburg, Missouri, USA
“Conference”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

In town for a one-day conference hosted at the hotel, I stayed two nights at the hotel. I liked the suite set up of the room. I didn't use the living room area but it was nice to have that much space. The weather was horrible, I actually saw a snowflake in Phoenix, so I didn't use the pools or even see them. Rico's Grill was great. I loved the magherita pizza. The conference space was too spread out and the staff didn't know the conference room when I asked about it.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the main building with the lobby. It was a walk from the front to my room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oceanside, California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at the Pointe Hilton Sqauw Peak Resort for three nights in mid-February with our 4 children. We chose this hotel because it seemed kid-friendly and it really was perfect for the kids. The hotel is older but clean and well maintained. The swimming pools are wonderful, very clean and super fun. The kids loved the lazy river, water slide and water fall. We LOVED the fact that you pay a resort fee of $18.00 per day and get to use all of the facilities. To us, with a family of four, this is a great deal! So we took full advantage of the water park and the mini-golf course and everything else. In fact we did not really want to leave the hotel. My only complaint was that the food at the hole in the wall and through room service was terrible. The food at the slim pickins pool side bar was better. But all of the food was rather expensive for what we got. I have stayed at other Hilton hotels and have had food that was 10 times better. Which brings me to my favorite part of the stay, the staff. Every time I stay at a Hilton I am greeted with the most kind and wonderful staff! Every single person that we came in contact with was so nice and helpful. They made us feel so welcome. When I told the front desk staff that the room service food was atrocious they did everything they could to rectify the situation and ended up not making us pay for the horrid meal -thank you so much front desk supervisor! So all in all, great resort, expensive food, food needs improvement, fabulous amenities including a killer water park, mini golf, playground, toddler pool, and cute theme restaurants. Kids LOVED it! Parents are thankful to be made to feel at home by staff. If you have kids this is the place for you. This is NOT a couples retreat.. lots of kids everywhere.. perfect for our family with 4 little kids!

Room Tip: If you can spring for the casitas. The kitchen would really come in handy with the kids and the fact...
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a Casita. We loved the ample space, the kitchenette and the balcony. We were 2 adults, 2 small kids. The Casita could sleep up to 6. But the best thing was the water park. Kids played there a long time. It had a waterfall and water slide. We definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Get an interior location.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I love lazy rivers, and I enjoyed our time at the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak resort. It was off-season, so not many people at the resort. We arrived shortly after a cold spell, so the temperature was cool, but the pool water was warm. The second day it warmed up to 75, so we enjoyed the lazy river - which is really lazy - we had to move the tubes along! Lots of chairs and some hidden/private seating above the lazy river. They provide towels and lockers, but you must bring your own lock, or you can pay $7.00 for a new lock. Interesting Putt putt golf layout. It was also provided but only one session per room, then you paid for additional sessions. Good hotel breakfast buffet located across the street. Most of our dinners were spent off-site - like Bobby Q's! Our favorite restaurant.Did not try their onsite BBQ joint, but it appeared well attended at night.

Room Tip: This is a large resort, so plan where you want to stay before booking. We had a casita near the lazy...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2013

At our check in, we were greeted by Brittany. She was extremely friendly and helpful. We found her to be very professional, while still making us feel very comfortable. Her help and friendliness help to start our weekend out on a very positive note. Thank you very much.

Room Tip: 2nd floor, towards the peaks
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We really liked this location and the room. We got upgraded to a casita and loved it. The pools were great for a couple or kids. The grounds were great and the rooms were so nice. I would not recommend RIco's as the service was very slow for breakfast but hopefully it is good for dinner.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Misty K
Gridley, California
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here for four nights in February for a conference. The conference was a at sister Hilton hotel that did not have enough rooms to meet the attendance of the conference. So i was moved to Squaw peak with the same group rate I was to receive at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs. Upon arrival I ask if an upgrade was available and the front desk put me in an ambassador suite for a small fee increase. The suite was very nice and had been remodeled recently so things were in very god condition.Two bathrooms, two large tvs, a living room with couches and a large dining area and wet bar. Way more than I needed but I could see if you wanted to entertain clients this room would be great, Nice linens, soaps etc. Quiet and hotel security walking the corridors regularly.

Room Tip: The North Pointe building is quiet and has easy street access.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business