Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$100
$339
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
3,659 results
All reviewshole in the wallwater parkmini golflazy riverriver ranchbedroom casitacoyote campaunt chiladassports poolspring breakswim up barmain poolfamily vacationtennis courtslounge chairslarge poolliving area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We booked a king studio for the weekend. Oh my goodness was that room small. You had to walk outside just to change your mind. Went to the front desk and they gave us another room with 2 queens for an upcharge. The second room was nice and roomy.

The only real problem with the hotel was that only one restaurant was open, Rico's, and there are very limited places to go around the resort.
The service at Rico's was good but the food came out cold. Not just lukewarm, but cold. Not very appetizing. Our waiter was very nice but he never came back to ask us how are food was until the end of the meal.

We have stayed at the other Point at Tapatio several times and really enjoyed the resaurants and bar there, not so at this one.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Prescottwines
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Hello Prescottwines,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort. I am happy to know we were able to relocate you to a more suitable accommodation. It is disappointing, however, to learn of your less than pleasant dining experience. The feedback we recieve through TripAdvisor is greatly valued. Your comments have been shared with our management team so they may address the importance of service and quality with their staff. It is my hope you will allow us another opportunity in the future to provide you a more positive experience.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Our check in experience was sub-par, the staff are just not friendly at the front desk. Our room is nice, housekeeping staff was great, I asked for hypoallergenic pillows and extra conditioner, came back to my room and both requests were fulfilled. I agree with some other reviewers, the structure of the hotel itself is old. I wish they would play up the retro (or at least not new!) aspect of the hotel. I haven't seen anything in the hotel that acknowledges its age. Overall I think this hotel is comparable to other hotels in the area (everything is old), the pool/water park is entertaining. I don't not like this place I suppose (pardon the double negative).

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Gnocchi19
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Hello Gnocchi19,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were disappointed with our hotel decor. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. I’ve also addressed your mediocre check-in experience with our front desk staff. We want to ensure everyone gets the warm welcome and courteous service we pride ourselves in. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

There were 10 people in our group (3 families) so we booked two suites. We were given rooms next to each other making it very convenient for us since we had the connecting door opened most of the time. The suites were quite nice, modern and clean. We were on the 2nd floor & each of the rooms have a balcony with a view of the hotel's main swimming pool. Since there were kids with us, having our suites in the North Pointe, made us closer to the "Hole in the Wall River Ranch" where you can find the lazy river, mini golf course, pool slide and swimming pools including one with a waterfall. Entrance to the river ranch is free to hotel guests but the number of guests allowed per suites are restricted based on the type of accommodation. I think this rule is strictly enforced during weekends when the resort is packed. However, the staff seemed to be less strict in this regard on week days because most of the resort guests have left. We all had a great time in the river ranch specially during the week days since we had the place almost to ourselves. Breakfast is not included in the basic room rates unless the bed & breakfast package is chosen during reservation. There are 3 restaurants in the resort. Unfortunately, we did not get a chance to try them. We planned to dine in the Hole in the Wall restaurant but they were closed the Tuesday we were there. Resort staff were professional and service was excellent. On our first day, we requested additional toiletries and beddings, and housekeeping delivered what we needed within 30 minutes. Rooms were cleaned daily and toiletries & towels replenished as needed. My only complaint is that the refrigerators in the suites needs updating since they are not cold enough & the doors did not shut tight. Overall, this resort is a good place to relax and spend quality time with one's family.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gctravelbug
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Hello gctravelbug,
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with fellow travellers on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I'm glad to know you enjoyed your time with us. Please keep us in mind the next time you visit Phoenix; we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I and two girls, 5 and 7, picked this resort for a 5 night vacation getaway. This resort is not perfect, no resort is. HOWEVER, there is nothing I can nitpick about this resort that I can say diminished the great experience we had.

We arrived late on a Friday night and when I asked what upgrades may be available and the cost, I was advised that all the standard suites were taken and we were already upgraded to a casita for the entire stay at no extra charge. Great!

The Casita was lovely and we particularly loved the very large patio where we ate breakfast most mornings. The Casita was not "fancy" or "luxurious" but it had a nice layout and was nicely furnished. Very spacious as well. We loved it.

All of the staff we encountered from the lobby to the housekeeping to the pool were a pleasure. Always friendly and helpful.

We spent most of our trip to Phoenix at the resort itself just relaxing at the pool and basically charged everything to the room. The prices were fairly steep but not out of hand for a resort. The lunch food we ordered at the pool restaurant a couple of times was very good.

The location off of 51 was very convenient to get anywhere in the metro area. There was, however, not a very good selection of restaurants in the immediate area but many can be found 10-15 minutes drive from the resort.

Bottom line, this resort is a perfect place to relax and unwind with your family. We would definetaly recommend tbhis resort to anyone and plan on coming back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Hany K
TeriAgostaGM, General Manager at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Hello Hany K,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and review of our resort with your fellow travellers on TripAdvisor. Your comments are greatly appreciated! I am delighted to know you and your family had such a positive experience during your time with us. I hope to have the opportunity in the future to welcome you back to our resort.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Large bedroom with a large entrance with TV, a sofa and two armchairs. Enough for three people.
Bedding was excellent
Fortunately Air conditioning was very cold because outside it was a nightmare for us around 110 °F.
No breakfast - only instant coffee and tea.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family