“20 Minutes from Everything”

Sheraton Crescent Hotel
Ranked #66 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Great Neck, New York
“20 Minutes from Everything”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Nice facility, helpful staff, with pool and waterslide for kids, hot tub for sdults. Located near I-17 which connects with all other highways, so that downtown Phoenix and Scottsdale are equally accessible. The immediate neighborhood of the hotel has little to recommend it (other than a mall and amusement park minutes away), but one can easily stay in the hotel and enjoy its amenities or hop in a car and visit the many museums and other attractions of the area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Robert A,
Thank you for your comments. We are happy that you found our facility to have amenities which accommodated your family. Our location does have good accessibility to nearby attractions, and towns that you can just hop in car and be at your destination within 30 minutes. We hope to have you again in the near future as our guest.
With appreciation,
Frank Casarez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed in a handicap accessible room which was large and easy to maneuver a person in a wheelchair. While all the staff were very helpful the housekeeping people were outstanding in accommodating our needs. The Club Lounge was not large and very crowded for breakfast, which left a lot to be desired.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Joel B,
Thanks for sharing your experience. We are happy to see that our handicap accessible room met your expectations finding the room large and east to maneuver. I’ll share your comments to our staff being very helpful and our housekeeping staff outstanding. Our club lounge is very popular and sorry that it was crowded when you stayed with us.
Thanks again for sharing,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I am a business traveler and have stayed at this hotel for 2 years Monday-Thursday. Without a doubt in my 4 years of work travel to different cities and locations, I haven't received better service in a hotel experience. I always felt that the staff always tried to go above and beyond my expectations This hotel always felt like home and it was due to the hard work and friendliness of all the employees. I even received special gifts and cards during the holidays in my room often.

After a hard day's work, Steve (barkeep) was there to serve great drinks and have a conversation. Mike always had my room key ready for me when checking in with a big smile. Megan checked me out and made sure I was always happy. Rita served drinks and made me feel home on the 7th floor. Marcellino delivered food and is a tireless worker. Lastly Tammi always made sure my stay was exceptional and helped with my business travel bookings. Thanks everyone!

Hotel highlights: Great outdoor pool, good gym with raquetball, great breakfast and dinner, friendly staff

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear, Tyler D
We sincerely appreciate your kind works on the level of service provided by Steve, Mike, Megan, Rita, Marcellino, and Tammi. We are truly fortunate to have such quality associates taking pride in the service they provide to our guests. I’ll be sure to share your nice comments with them. We also thank you for your patronage over the last two years and staying Monday through Thursday. It appears our efforts have made you a home away from home.
Thanks again for sharing,
Litchfield Park, az
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have stayed at the hotel several times I cant say enough about the sevice that I have received from every staff member there from housekeeping department to the front desk agent. The restaurants has the best food thanks in part to Tim and Justin the chefs the service I recieved from Steve the bartender was incredible as usual I hope he stays around for a long time. The DOM (Travis) is the best in the business and desires a pay raise for everything he does for the hotel/ sheraton (starwood). I want to thank every at the hotel for the service especially the Front Desk Managers Megan and Heather. Keep up the great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike P.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear, MichaelP
We appreciate your compliments of the service you received from Tim, Justin, Steve, Travis, Megan, and Heather. I’ll be sure to pass along your comments to each individual. We are truly fortunate to have such quality associates who take great pride on the level of service we provide to all our guests. We are happy that you had a positive experience at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel and your patronage for staying with on several occasions.
Thanks for sharing,
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2013

While the employees at this property were all very nice, as was the hotel lobby, we were completely disgusted by our room. There were random stains and scuffmarks on the walls, the upholstered armchair had holes in the fabric and the other furniture was in dire need of fresh paint. There were also sticky mystery stains on the closet doors. Perhaps one of the grossest parts of the room was the room phone. It was completely black with dirt and when I punched the key for the front desk (with my knuckle) it made a "crunch" noise. I don't ever want to know what made it that sticky. Probably the stuff of nightmares. We also found the pool to be very dirty, with used dental flossers left on tables, pieces of fruit on the ground (and covered in ants) and at least 2 non-working gates. Finally, our room was pretty much on the freeway and the road noise was incredibly loud. (Yay motorcycles at 2am!) We all slept with earplugs, even the kids. Overall, we were very disappointed in this hotel because we don't expect a Sheraton to be this rundown and gross. We've stayed in nicer campgrounds.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Wendi A
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear, WendiA
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. First, please accept my sincerest apologies for what you experienced on your recent visit at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel. I will personally share your comments to our Executive Housekeeper for corrective steps on the cleanliness issues you mentioned at the pool and guest room. This summer, our property will be undergoing a multi million renovation to all of our guest rooms and should be completed by late summer. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future so you can see the newly renovated guest rooms. If I can be of any assistance with future room reservations, please feel free to contact me.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here on two occasions and would go back without hesitation.The property is older but conveniently located.The pool was really nice to have and the fitness center had all the equipment we needed. I orginally requested a guest room with a treadmill but opted for another as the room had a musty odour. The room we were moved to was great and allowed us access to the Sheraton Club for breakfast, snacks and evening appetizers.
This property is close to I-17 and was the perfect location for us as it was only a few minutes from the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport. The staff were very accomodating and parking was included in our rate, so i plan to return this year.This hotel seems to be less busy in the summer so although it's hot in Phoenix the hotel is a great place to cool off and relax..

Room Tip: Book a club room and try to get an upgrade-subject to availability.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Frank C, General Manager at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear, Nicholas F
Thank you for sharing. We are happy that you had a pleasant stay with us and find out location very convenient and close to Phoenix Sky Harbor airport. I’ll pass along your comment to our executive housekeeper on the musty odor in one of our treadmill guest rooms for follow up. We see that our staff accommodated you on the club floor access to complimentary breakfast, snacks, and appetizers and happy this benefit accommodated you. Our property will be renovating our guest rooms this summer so when you do return on your next visit you’ll see the new and exciting changes.
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Ok, let's get it out of the way now. Yes, this property is an aging beauty and desperately needs a facelift. The decor is dated, and some of the fixtures have seen better days. However, the beds and linens are excellent and the staff is extremely courteous and helpful. We stayed over a weekend to see a Dodgers spring training game, and when we come back next year we will probably stay here again. The grounds and pool looked great, and it was nice to have convenient free parking. Hotel restaurant had a limited menu, but food was good and fairly priced. If you stay here, be sure to check out Bobby Q's just down the way -- the food and service were amazing!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear, AlanaS
We appreciate your comments on your recent visit to the Sheraton Crescent Hotel. We are extremely happy to announce that our property will be undergoing a major facelift to all guest rooms this summer. So when you’re back in town to see the Dodgers play next year you’ll see all the new changes to the property. Our Indigo restaurant is currently making changes to the menu as well as the Indigo lounge menu. We apologize that the new menus were not made available on your visit.
Again, thank you