“Nice for the price but use different bedding please.”

Sheraton Crescent Hotel
Ranked #65 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were impressed by this hotel. The hotel, the grounds, the pool area was great for the kids. My older daughter went up and down the large slide 20 times.

We got the 2 double beds with the balcony facing the pool area. The balcony was huge and nice to sit out of to enjoy the mountains. The beds were a smaller than I expected. The room could have accommodated 2 queen beds easily. A refrigerator would have been a nice option as well.

My biggest complaint was the bedding. It was made out of some cross between paper and plastic. LIke hospital disposeable sheets. I wasn't sure if they just threw the fitted and top sheet away after use? It was really noisy when you moved. We had to sleep pretty close to our kids and they move around a lot at night. Everytime they moved you heard it and kept us both awake for a good part of the night.

The bedding problem could easily be corrected so I hope they read this and make a change.

That was my only complaint, the parking, the hotel was great. It was nice and quiet and nice to look at. I want to come back but I don't want to bring my own sheets.

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this. Maybe other rooms with more expensive rates get better sheets? I know internet access is $9.99 unless you get a higher priced room with the free appetizers so maybe you get the nice sheets with that?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank THOWARD1
Lori L, Director of Sales at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have many great changes happening in 2013 with a multi million dollar guest room renovation. This should include the conversion of some of our rooms to two queens instead of the two doubles. We are making these changes based on guest feedback such as yours. In addition we do have some refrigerators on property for guest use that are based on availability.

I'm sorry you did not find our new Sheraton Bedding to your standards. Please let me know the next time you are traveling to the Sheraton Crescent and we will see what we can do to accommodate your sheet request.

Thank you so much for staying at the Sheraton Crescent and we hope to be your hotel of choice everytime you are in Phoenix.

Lori Lee

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We came for an urban resort getaway. This hotel has nice facilities and a wonderful staff. Margarita in the lobby Starbucks makes a mean cappacino. We were pleasantly surprised by the facilities and access to equipment. Racquet ball, tennis and basketball plus a slide for the kids at the pool. The only negative is that the immediate area the hotel is located is unfortunately very boring.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Nice clean hotel, typical of Sheraton. However, if you are one of those folks who carry a cell phone or lap top/tablet, you have to move furniture in your room, then unplug a lamp or clock to find a plug to charge it. If you are an early riser - like many travelers who are coming from eastern time zones, the restaurant does not open until 6:30 am and the coffee shop does not open until 7 am - so you can't get a coffee until 8:30 am eastern time. These two quirks are enough for this road warrior to avoid it for my upcoming Phoenix trips.

Room Tip: All rooms are very similar, one wing of the hotel is close to loud traffic.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DaveRoadWarrior
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I returned to the Sheraton Crescent, once again, to celebrate my Birthday. When I walked in the door, the staff recognized me immediately from last year. That was very exciting!! I was there for eight lovely days. My room was neat and very clean. This is always important to me when I travel. Not to mention the comfortable king sized bed and huge balcony facing the mountains. And the Club House was definitely a BONUS I truly enjoyed.

My stay was all I expected and more. The staff is very thoughtful and full of wonderful surprises. Although I traveled alone, the way they treated me, it's like being HOME AWAY FROM HOME.

I would like to thank The Entire Staff and Management for going out of their way for making my stay an OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE once again.

I truly look forward to seeing you all the next time I'm in Arizona.

Thank You So Much!!
Peace & Blessings,
Nina Wilson

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2012

With the location of the Crescent hotel it makes it perfect for anyone doing business in the area. I come here once a month and it's always a great experience. The staff is great and always professional. The club lounge is nice when you need breakfast quickly and the bar is always fun to meet different professionals. I highly recommend this hotel if you are doing business in the North Phoenix area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim M
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Hotels can't afford to look dated. This one has been updated ; is contemporary and comfortable. The service in the restaurant is incredibly slow, but the food is good and arrives at the right temperature. There is a well appointed workout room (best accessed from outside) and a pleasant terrace.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amherstgal
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Professional staff at this older Sheraton property. A bit noisy, I could hear the nearby highway from my room. Perfectly clean and well maintained, but definitely a dated interior. Fell like a throwback to the 80s. Pinky/peachy 4x4 tile in the bathrooms; plastic "globe" style faucets, etc.The room did feature a newer flat-screen TV and the bed was quite comfortable.

Traveling from the east coast, I was up at 5:00am. No coffee to be had for purchase as nothing was open until 6:30 or 7am. Sheraton should consider putting complimentary coffee in the lobby.

Nice, relatively modern fitness room, that was only lacking a TV that could be viewed from a treadmill or other piece of equipment.

The bartender who served me on Monday night 10/1 was outstanding and went out of his way to take care of me as I plugged away at my computer at a table in the corner of the lounge.

Due to its unusual location, I would most likely not stay here again. It was not terribly close to my office in the PHX area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Bobeana
Penny H, Director of Sales at Sheraton Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Bobeana,

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are always accepting of our guests comments on where we need improvement. Please know that I have shared your concerns with our team and we are using them as a learning tool to improve for our future guests. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. Should you change your mind on staying with us, I am confident we can exceed your expectations. Hope to see you soon.

All My Best,